PDA

View Full Version : Tuscaloosa County at 2% everyone else almost done

GunnyFreedom
02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
What in the world is up with that?

GunnyFreedom
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
crap. Just crap. I ran into more than 644 RP supporters myself just in Tuscaloosa County. Those results are crap. And then with city govt and local media working against us at every turn. I have YET to pull the fraud card, but I am calling fraud now. No way I met EVERY Ron Paul voter in Tuscaloosa county personally. No way.

Ronin
02-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Sorry to hear that. I know you busted your ass for Tuscaloosa. Do you have contact info for all of them?

logan4ronpaul
02-06-2008, 07:09 AM
and only 3% with only 2000 votes in Jefferson county. I find all of this hard to believe

BadFox
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
How many McCain supporters did you meet, and do you know their reason for supporting him??? I just don't get it; I don't see why ANYONE would support McCain...

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
only one McCain guy I knew of, and he threatened to get his shotgun after me because I felt our national defense will be stronger if our troops were home.

Jobarra
02-06-2008, 02:46 PM
How many McCain supporters did you meet, and do you know their reason for supporting him??? I just don't get it; I don't see why ANYONE would support McCain...
Of the 3 supporters I talked to, they pretty much all said it was his honesty(remember, the campaign said not to argue with them while canvassing, so I didn't). They seemed to like Paul but could not get over his foreign policy. This is a new breed of Republican thanks to Fox News and other MSM outlets. As Paul points out, Republicans are usually the anti-war candidates.

This was an excellent learning experience though. While canvassing is important, canvassing is much less effective without continuous name recognition from other sources. Why? Because the majority of people seem to think the only viable candidates are the ones talked about on the local/national news. While I don't think there is a very effective way to get him on the national news all the time, I think we need to concentrate on local news sources every single day. The problem though is how to keep them talking about him. It would take a fairly varied event schedule to get the local news to come out again and again, but I'm sure it could be done.

That's not to say the MSM didn't do their part in destroying his chances by continuing to hammer the 'longshot', 'kook', and 'not a republican, but a libertarian' terms into the populace.

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, there is a good strategy to heat up a canvass, but then we'd need the bodies to actually take advantage of the hot canvass.

Sprinkle a few signs into a targeted neighborhood, focusing especially on major egress and ingress routes. Lit drop and microcanvass. Then signbomb the ingresses and egresses, then canvass, then finally drop the Ron Paul newspaper. Microcanvass a couple days later and that neighborhood is done.

All the while getting positive local media coverage.

I'd sure like to point to Tuscaloosa and say it worked well there but we had terrible media, a DOT that would clear our signs at 6AM every day so nobody ever saw them, and a local establishment bent on demonizing Dr Paul and his supporters.

Even with everything we were doing, on the Monday canvass, people did not know who Ron Paul was, and if they did they asked if he had dropped out already and why were we working so hard for a candidate that dropped out after New Hampshire.

It comes down to a media problem. The media is bent on choosing this election for us and there is nothing we can do to hinder their effort.

This is why the Ron Paul newspaper is such a big thing. If we had had more than 3 days between learning about the paper and the election, I think we could have capitalized more strongly on what that paper represents.

Still tired, more later.