PDA

View Full Version : let's just think about this for a second...

Jeremy
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Someone brought up a good point.

Even if Paul has no change running 3rd party (Although I'm sure he does - especially it it's McCain vs. Hillary) should he do it to teach the GOP a lesson? And we could do that until we get what you want. The message: "The GOP won't win until it goes back to what it used to be". You always here people afraid that he'll do that... they don't want the republicans to be split. But I'm sure we're all going to stand up for freedom before we vote neocon, lol.

Paul even said the party deserves the punishment they're getting... he's right! We don't have to tolerate this war mongering... all they did is RUIN it for us. Look at how popular the Democratic party became thanks to Bush.

yongrel
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Enough with the thrid party garbage! Ron Paul is in this until the convention.

Jeremy
02-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Enough with the thrid party garbage! Ron Paul is in this until the convention.

Yes, but we might as well plan for anything and everything.

Jeremy
02-05-2008, 09:08 PM
bump (and no it wasn't me who 5 stared this out of selfishness, lol)

tomahawk
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't know...ive been here since close to the beginning(beginning for me)......maybe 3rd party isnt a bad idea....there is a lot of group think going on here, take a step back and look at the big picture.

c0unterph0bia
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
I thought there was an anti-sore looser law in most states which doesn't allow candidates who lose a nomination to re-run as independent.

Jeremy
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't know...ive been here since close to the beginning......maybe 3rd party isnt a bad idea....there a lot of group think going on here, take a step back and look at the big picture.

What exactly are you referring to?

tomahawk
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
What exactly are you referring to?

The topic of this thread....?

MarkfromTN
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
one question I have towards his running with a third party or independent (considering he doesn't get the republican nomination) is will he be able to run in 2012 as a Republican?
i'd be willing to give up 4 years to Hillary/Obama if we get Ron Paul in 2012.

tomahawk
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
As much as I love Dr. Paul and his message...I think the media would have a field day with his age in 2012...

not saying I wouldn't support him, but it would be even more weighted against us free thinking people.

Jeremy
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
one question I have towards his running with a third party or independent (considering he doesn't get the republican nomination) is will he be able to run in 2012 as a Republican?
i'd be willing to give up 4 years to Hillary/Obama if we get Ron Paul in 2012.

Well he'll be 76 by then =o

MarkfromTN
02-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Well he'll be 76 by then =o

true... however, if he wins this election i'm sure he'd run for re-election in 2012 despite his age. so i think he should attempt the presidency again even if he plans to retire from politics at 80.