PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing faith, and getting angry, please cheer me up...

Starks
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm the verge of tears. Why can't our country embrace freedom.

coyote_sprit
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm not in tears but I'm just mad as hell. Why are these people so damn dumb.

JS4Pat
02-05-2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=112903

A. Havnes
02-05-2008, 09:06 PM
On the contrary, I'm quite excited at the moment. I've never voted at a caucus before and my mom and I both just voted for Ron Paul. The only fliers and slim jims there were for Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, so that's good. I'm very, very excited, but now coming on here is starting to depress me. I actually think voter fraud might be very real on Super Tuesday especially. It's very easy to get away with it amongst the chaos.

Now, if Ron Paul does't win, the idea lives on. And I'm all for staging acts of civil disobedience in an attempt to further our Revolution and liberate America and all who suffer from our foreign policy.

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, I really believe that hope will be dead if RP doesn't run 3rd. I never expected the GOP nod. People, we have the last shot on the 3rd party. We are enough to break the federal government through civil disobedience. We must be strong and take the slap in the face but not fall. We still have a shot. RP has made a good name for Libertarianism. Starks, if you had the guts to call in to LKL and put these phonies down, you've can take this slap and stand tall bro.

Oyate
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey bro, I'm PMing you now but how old are you? Not to demean you or anything but is this your first battle?

freelance
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM

Gee, I'd love to help you, but I'm about to go take cover and hope a tornado doesn't rip our house right out of the ground.

dvictr
02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
cause they havent heard the message

Starks
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey bro, I'm PMing you now but how old are you? Not to demean you or anything but is this your first battle?

I voted in 2006. This will be my first presidential.

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Why can't our country embrace freedom.
Because they don't know there's a candidate for "freedom." Your average voter has no idea who Ron Paul is. Never have, really.

Bluedevil
02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aRALJyv86eY

A. Havnes
02-05-2008, 09:15 PM

Do you mean me? I'm 21, will be 22 in May. It's on my profile. I've voted before, but only in the general elections, not in a caucus. I typically wait for it to narrow down before I make my decision, but I'm really fired up this time. Was very excited to vote at a caucus, I was. It was all for liberty! :)

However, I realize that things aren't looking good in the straw poll. Civil disobedience works wonders, though.

Ginobili
02-05-2008, 09:15 PM

Because average Americans are ignorant dumb @$$s, to be blunt. Not completely their fault, but never the less, does not make them any less guilty.

Oyate
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
We have this song we used to sing. There's no way to write it. So screw it.

Hey, we fight. We fight for truth. We fight for honor. We fight for kindness, to protect others. We fight to preserve the rights of our children. What alternative is there?

Hey, when you fight them you are free. When we flout the system, we are free. When we free our minds, we're like....you know....

Hey, they are running around trying to suppress us but we're still here and we ain't going away.

And by the way, we set the trends. They are in the reactive mode.

Dumb ass young people expect everything overnight. Hey guys, don't bum out, this is just barely getting good.

AzNsOuLjAh27
02-05-2008, 09:31 PM
If Ron Paul drops out, I'm turning in a sheeple. I'm going to forget all about Ron Paul, and everything I know about the government. b/c they'll win everytime, i know now we can't make a diffrence no matter what we do. I'm glad I learned this lesson but im heart broken at the same time. America doesn't have to wake up we do, people don't control America anymore, the elite do. So why try. [Redacted by Moderator], I hate this country, and i want to move.

Oyate
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM
If Ron Paul drops out, I'm turning in a sheeple. I'm going to forget all about Ron Paul, and everything I know about the government. b/c they'll win everytime, i know now we can't make a diffrence no matter what we do. I'm glad I learned this lesson but im heart broken at the same time. America doesn't have to wake up we do, people don't control America anymore, the elite do. So why try. [Redacted by Moderator], I hate this country, and i want to move.

Boy check out this lame excuse for a troll will ya? Oh brother.

TER
02-05-2008, 09:34 PM
America is getting exactly what it deserves

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I Have not yet begun to fight!!
-Captain John Paul Jones

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Esz2h6sKmUU/R6PsZ6oB6dI/AAAAAAAAAf0/Z1673pSlTuE/s400/JPJones.jpg

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Check out my congressional page, my opponent may be running for senate leaving my seat open for the taking in a state where Ron Paul won first!

I don't know the meaning of quit.

phill4paul
02-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Buck up camper..... This wasn't about bein' a weekend warrior.
Have faith that so many through the internet have managed to connect.
This revolution has gone beyond electing a president. It's about reminding our Federal Government that WE have given IT certain liberties.
"Ron Paul Republicans" will be a phrase for the future!

Battlecruiser
02-05-2008, 09:42 PM
AzNsOuLjAh27, I would suggest you remove the last sentence of your post. I know you don't really mean it but I wouldn't be surprised if that type of comment gets picked up by FBI or CIA. They do monitor the internet for threats and I know of people who've been arrested or sent to the hospital for saying stuff like that.

But I feel your anger man. I've been feeling like that for a while now, after we didn't do good in Iowa and New Hampshire. It's really depressing. I don't understand why such a good man with such an inspiring and great message can't even get double digits in a lot of places. And then some bums who offer nothing different, and more of the same shit we've already been through for the last 8 years (Or even last 60 years), are getting all the press and votes. Why are so many people in love with war mongers? I think I overestimated the intelligence of the average American, and now those expectations were no where near met.

I really thought we had something going when we had those money bombs and raised 20 million in the fourth quarter. It seemed like we would win it. Sigh.

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Don't fear your government.

Truth-Bringer
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM

Because embracing true freedom requires knowledge and courage. Don't worry, kid. The rEVOLution will live on. We keep educating. We keep reaching out. We keep trying to change the world.

Never give up.

TX Matt
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Cheer Up Guys, Did any of you really believe we could change the establishment and push an mostly unknown candidate through the system to get him elected to president? Do you think in the 1950s the American people could have gotten Martin Luther King, Jr as president? NO. In the 1950s the African American population only consisted of 10% of the population, Like us. They had the courage to stand up and get mad and loud about how their personal rights were crap. We have to do the same thing here and now. With every movement there has been huge setbacks and a long road to trudge. We are winning, every day when one person who has awaken spread his message to another we are winning. Martin Luther King didn't just wake up and say "Oh well, I at one time had a dream, then I gave up." No he didn't, and neither did his movement die with his death, it lives as a part of all of us Americans. We have the option to get up in and think about what can I do to change this or look at how bad things are. We can't let them suppress us, our message, and our liberty. Because if all of us, the 6% of Americans stand together, we can change the country and the world because we have truth behind us. What I see now, this is not about RP, this is about America, Freedom and Liberty. If we join together we can make a voice so loud that no politician and no media can silence. We can't ever win as long as we play by their rules... their force is to strong. We must protest, march, and resist the very forces that compromise our liberties, values, and rights. I do believe there is any way of voting our way out of this situation, we must join together now or divided we will fall. We will win if we stick together and continue to fight the good fight....

james_joyce
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I implore you all to look beyond this presidential election. This is not about the presidency, nor was it ever about the presidency. This is not nor has it ever been about Ron Paul.

This is what I was afraid of after Iowa. Read what I said here. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=80593) It's important that we make this the beginning of something instead of ending it with Ron Paul.

Let me say it: Ron Paul doesn't have a chance of winning, brokered convention or not. It doesn't matter. Ron Paul has done for this movement in his candidacy than anyone else in our time. This has been true since day one, and we only hurt ourselves by raising our expectations too high.

So please, please don't become jaded by this. The primaries are a platform. Find a local candidate to support (there's a forum down there for it), donate to Paul's house seat campaign, write editorials to your newspaper, start a blog, write to your congressman, run for local office, DO SOMETHING. But we won't do anything if we think it begins and ends with Ron Paul.

/rant

Truth-Bringer
02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I really thought we had something going when we had those money bombs and raised 20 million in the fourth quarter. It seemed like we would win it. Sigh.

It definitely raised my expectations - but just the fact that we could do this is incredibly impressive. I realize for some of you this is your first election, but you have no idea how profound this was. This is truly something we can build on. If we can expand the money bomb strategy to funding different freedom oriented groups, we can give these groups the funds to expand their outreach and education. We can do money bombs for legislative groups, like Gun Owners of America for example. So we can still fight this out in the trenches. Money = political clout. With our numbers, and with everyone willing to donate just a small amount of money, we can become a real force. I don't think you guys truly grasp the fundamental strength of this strategy.

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams

Oyate
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Don't fear your government.

Yo Torch.

CorkyAgain
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
cause they havent heard the message

Get real. It's been explained many times before, but let me run it down for you one more time.

Many of them HAVE heard it, but they didn't LISTEN. They're living in the dreamworld the MSM have created for them. It's a world of crime dramas where the cops are all fighting evildoers, and where other uniformed heros are fighting overseas to protect us from Islamofascists and help free the rest of world so they can enjoy our democratic way of life too.

People who are plugged into that matrix aren't thinking for themselves; they let the "experts" do it for them. And those experts are telling them that Ron Paul is a fringe candidate, a cranky old crackpot like your crazy uncle Ed, who's always muttering about the gold standard and incomprehensible nonsense like that. The only people who take him seriously are a bunch of right-wing militia types, racists, anti-semites, conspiracy nuts and other wackos. Oh, and don't forget the dope-smoking hippies who are apparently too stoned to realize what kind of company they're keeping. But ol' Ron himself is basically harmless, so we just smile indulgently while he prattles on...

CzargwaR
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
This should calm you down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck

Molly1
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I voted in 2006. This will be my first presidential.

Pretty soon, you'll be running and we'll be fundraising and voting for you.:D

justatrey
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Why can't our country embrace freedom.

The data from one week sums it up:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9886/mediaexposurebycandidatnz7.jpg

Computer
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
This should calm you down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck

Good one. The potential symbolism in this one though is pretty funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qiSkyEyBczU

james_joyce
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM

This is the long tail effect. The internet allows a niche group of passionate people to drive something to success, in this case RP's fund-raising. That can cause a distortion of perception, though, because it might seem like there's a majority here. Really, what you're seeing is a relatively small, but not insignificant group of people brought together regardless of geography.

That mis-perception is made worse when those same passionate supporters gather in large groups on street corners and at rallies, hang signs everywhere, and vote in every internet poll; Other candidates' supporters aren't passionate enough to do so.

This is all GOOD for us, because it means we can organize, raise money, and spread support. But we shouldn't let it fool us into thinking that we have more support than we actually do. This is a long-term movement. This was never going to happen in a year or two.

But the most important thing is to hang in there and simply stand up for what you believe in. Even if you were the only one who believed this, you should do nothing less.

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Yo Torch.

Hello friend.

Computer
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Get real. It's been explained many times before, but let me run it down for you one more time.

Many of them HAVE heard it, but they didn't LISTEN. They're living in the dreamworld the MSM have created for them. It's a world of crime dramas where the cops are all fighting evildoers, and where other uniformed heros are fighting overseas to protect us from Islamofascists and help free the rest of world so they can enjoy our democratic way of life too.

People who are plugged into that matrix aren't thinking for themselves; they let the "experts" do it for them. And those experts are telling them that Ron Paul is a fringe candidate, a cranky old crackpot like your crazy uncle Ed, who's always muttering about the gold standard and incomprehensible nonsense like that. The only people who take him seriously are a bunch of right-wing militia types, racists, anti-semites, conspiracy nuts and other wackos. Oh, and don't forget the dope-smoking hippies who are apparently too stoned to realize what kind of company they're keeping. But ol' Ron himself is basically harmless, so we just smile indulgently while he prattles on...

+1 I hate the crime dramas that are everywhere. They're sick!

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
i quit:mad:

james_joyce
02-05-2008, 10:19 PM

*facepalm*

AgentOrange
02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
I actually think voter fraud might be very real on Super Tuesday especially.

Voter fraud is a fact. It was a major problem in New Hampshire and most likely several other states. People don't want to talk about that. They like to pretend that they can control the situation by going out to vote and taking their friends with them.

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM

You know what deserters deserve because that is their value to those who are sacrificing all.

Bubba
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Don't burn your knickers over skewed numbers. Burn the damned machines instead or at least pull the plugs out.

Shink
02-05-2008, 10:30 PM

People like me who have been truly victimized by the gov't (permanently disabled Iraq veteran by age 21) don't appreciate this surrender mentality.

syborius
02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Well, I really believe that hope will be dead if RP doesn't run 3rd. I never expected the GOP nod. People, we have the last shot on the 3rd party. We are enough to break the federal government through civil disobedience. We must be strong and take the slap in the face but not fall. We still have a shot. RP has made a good name for Libertarianism. Starks, if you had the guts to call in to LKL and put these phonies down, you've can take this slap and stand tall bro.

I happen to agree, if we want to fight on, we need to go third, get the backing of serious media types to do a media blitz. If we can not get a faction of the media cheering Ron Paul on, we will basically come across the same type of outcome as we have here today. It will take overwhelming power and will to overturn a well oiled machine that is hell bent on self destruction.

Molly1
02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
It definitely raised my expectations - but just the fact that we could do this is incredibly impressive. I realize for some of you this is your first election, but you have no idea how profound this was. This is truly something we can build on. If we can expand the money bomb strategy to funding different freedom oriented groups, we can give these groups the funds to expand their outreach and education. We can do money bombs for legislative groups, like Gun Owners of America for example. So we can still fight this out in the trenches. Money = political clout. With our numbers, and with everyone willing to donate just a small amount of money, we can become a real force. I don't think you guys truly grasp the fundamental strength of this strategy.

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams

You know what? The MSM and the neocons are very impressed, too, although they'll never admit.

We have made history, against impossible odds.

And, we haven't begun to fight!:)

And, the best part? They can't figure out who we are or how to manipulate us.

We are immune to them.

Molly1
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Voter fraud is a fact. It was a major problem in New Hampshire and most likely several other states. People don't want to talk about that. They like to pretend that they can control the situation by going out to vote and taking their friends with them.

Another thing on our list.

Get rid of electronic counting in all states.:mad:

Anti Federalist
09-19-2017, 02:02 AM
*sigh*