PDA

View Full Version : An idea popped into my head... a Ron Paul Media Bomb!

AJ Antimony
02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
The idea: A Ron Paul Media Bomb

Essentially, supporters would massively email/phone/write different media sources convincing them to have a Ron Paul story on a same, designated day.

First a strategic date would be picked as to when we would like the stories to be aired/published in unison. For example, maybe something like the day before the Texas primary. Then we would compile a list of big and local news networks and papers. Let's say this final list would have 100 different media sources. Now, the bomb itself could either occur on a single day or can happen the entire time leading up to the selected date. The goal would be to have, say, 100,000 Ron Paul supporters contact each of the sources on the list. It may take some time which may not allow this to happen on one day, but it wouldn't take that long if a supporter merely copies and pastes the same message to each of the media sources or writes 1 email to multiple addresses. If 100,000 Ron Paul supporters emailed 100 sources, then that equals 10,000,000 total requests for coverage of Ron Paul in a short timespan. And if a local, state newspaper were to get 100,000 requests for a story all in a few days time, then they WILL do it, astonished by the number of requests. If supporters also did more than just email the companies such as calling them and writing them a letter, this number could go as high as 30,000,000. If this were to work out to perfection, the idea is that one hundred popular media sources would have a story of Ron Paul on the SAME DAY.

This bomb does something the others have not--it INCLUDES the media in the bomb itself!

I think this bomb is still possible despite Dr. Paul's Super Tuesday results. I am assuming that due to his passionate supporters and super strong fund raising he will remain a Republican all the way until the convention, you know, when the nominee is ACTUALLY named. This is when I believe he should switch to third party to keep his name on the national ballot, but this discussion is for a different thread.

Anyway, the downside to this bomb idea is that I have been told that some could view this as a "denial of service attack" which could lead to big trouble. Therefore, I am posing this ONLY as an idea to be thought about, modified, tinkered with, etc. In NO WAY am I proposing this as a real plan because I don't need MSM lawyers coming after me. Therefore, I am taking no responsibility if this idea is at all made reality. So with that said, what are your thoughts about this type of "bomb"?

yongrel
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
This has been posted many, many times. Welcome to the forums.

AJ Antimony
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
This has been posted many, many times. Welcome to the forums.
This exact idea?