PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Backer Cries Foul In Brooklyn!!

Laja
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
From the NY Daily News:

Steve Miller, a 27-year-old Brooklynite for Ron Paul, just called in to report that poll workers at PS 180 (57th and 16th Avenue) wrongly informed a voter who wanted to cast a ballot for the Texas Congressman that there were only two Republicans on the ballot.

MIller, who is a volunteer poll-wacther for Paul, said the woman tried to vote on a machine, but was given an emergency ballot when the machine malfunctioned. She was then informed by "multiple" poll workers, who repeated their claims to Miller, ("right to my face," he said), that Paul wasn't on the ballot.

The woman did finally manage to vote for Paul, according to Miller, who said he has been spending the day traveling from one polling site to another to hand out Paul literature and talk to voters. He said he was asked to leave one site (PS 201) even though he was well behind the legal line that denotes the no-politicking zone.

yongrel
02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Surprise!

Laja
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
How did they get to the poll workers, too. This network must be VAST!!!

yongrel
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
How did they get to the poll workers, too. This network must be VAST!!!

There's no network. Just a lot of bastards.

CurtisLow
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Does the GOP own or employ the poll workers? Who the hell tells the poll workers this information?

nullvalu
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Come on, it just sounds like some really retarded poll workers.

Paulite
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
also had problem in the bronx. the machine wouldnt put the lever down. the democrats were working fine but when i tried to pull thelever down for ron paul it wouldnt let me. then after the old ladies kept talking to each other saying republican this and republican that finally i was able to cast my vote.