PDA

View Full Version : Idea: The Freedom Party

slantedview
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I've seen a lot of talk about what will happen after it's all said and done. If Ron doesn't get the nod, should we still vote republican or democrat? What happens to the GOP? What happens to us? ... etc.

I was thinking about things and an idea came to me. I think the only outcome from all this that would put a smile on my face, aside from Ron winning, is if he were to tell the GOP to screw themselves and start a NEW party. Ron would lend instant legitimacy to the party and the initial membership would probably be large.

How about, The Freedom Party.

Thoughts?

yongrel
02-05-2008, 08:48 PM
The Par-tay

ForLibertyFight
02-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I would join the freedom party

american empire
02-05-2008, 08:53 PM
screw the Gop ....freedom partyyyyyy

LibertyOrDie
02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I too was thinking about this, I was wondering in a long term idea:

Has anyone started a party called the American Party? Who can seriously be against the American Party?

Cleaner44
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
This would need to be preceeded by instituting preferential voting.

JMO
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Why not just join the Liberterian party. Why split the numbers between multiple parties that have the same basic ideas.

nullvalu
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM

Has anyone started a party called the American Party? Who can seriously be against the American Party?

LMAO kinda like who wouldn't vote for the "U.S.A. Patriot Act"? :mad:

j/k.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Why not just join the Liberterian party. Why split the numbers between multiple parties that have the same basic ideas.

Libertarians failed Paul

AJ Antimony
02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
George Washington didn't belong in a political party and didn't believe in them. If it weren't for my closed primary state, I would not have registered under a certain party.

theantirobot
02-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Unity08.com

louisiana4liberty
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Where do I sign up? seriously.

IRO-bot
02-05-2008, 09:18 PM
The GOP will survive nothing will change within it. It's smoke and mirrors.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-05-2008, 09:19 PM
the Liberty Party.

RoamZero
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Idea: lets stick it to the Republicans by continually voting Democrat whenever there isn't a Republican candidate we can support. They'll get the point soon after about 6 years of continually losing. That and as the Democrats run the country into the ground even faster it will make the Ron Paul Republicans stand out that much more.

Gustogus
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
No.

The most you'll accomplish is becoming a Trivial Pursuit question

Q: "What Party grew out of Dr. Ron Paul's 2008 Republican Primary Bid"

A: "The Freedom Party"

Crosstalk : Dude? Theres a Freedom Party? I can't keep up with all these fringe parties.

I don't understand why people can't see the longview here. How many of you are in your 20's and 30's? Is 8-10 years really to long to wait to become the major voice in one of 2 political parties in the most powerful country in the world?

Why build a hut from scratch when you can just renovate the mansion? The republican party is BROKEN, the first team to fix it wins. Instead of jumping ship we should be fighting tooth and nail for the next 4 years to make small government, fiscal responsibility, and political integrity the hallmarks of the new republican party.

This, right here, this medium (the internet) is the new talk radio. Its ours, we own it and we can use it to push our agenda, we just need more patience then you'll find in your average internet kiddie.

Dr. Paul has laid the groundwork and the plan, and if he pushes himself to the convention and actually gets to play kingmaker, he is poised to set all kinds of policy and platforms. He can push to have candidates ofhis choice backed in upcoming congressional elections, he can put the Liberty Caucus as the forefront of Republican policy making.

It's National Politics folks, not High School student Council...

Alex Libman
02-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm a Libertarian first and a Ron Paul supporter second.

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
www.freedomforceinternational.org

NMCB3
02-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Idea; almost time to break the guns out. :cool:

dirknb@hotmail.com
Idea: lets stick it to the Republicans by continually voting Democrat whenever there isn't a Republican candidate we can support. They'll get the point soon after about 6 years of continually losing. That and as the Democrats run the country into the ground even faster it will make the Ron Paul Republicans stand out that much more.

The GOP & the Democratic Party are controlled by the same people. It doesn't matter which one wins, as long as it's an Establishment candidate.

thuja
No.

The most you'll accomplish is becoming a Trivial Pursuit question

Q: "What Party grew out of Dr. Ron Paul's 2008 Republican Primary Bid"

A: "The Freedom Party"

Crosstalk : Dude? Theres a Freedom Party? I can't keep up with all these fringe parties.

I don't understand why people can't see the longview here. How many of you are in your 20's and 30's? Is 8-10 years really to long to wait to become the major voice in one of 2 political parties in the most powerful country in the world?

Why build a hut from scratch when you can just renovate the mansion? The republican party is BROKEN, the first team to fix it wins. Instead of jumping ship we should be fighting tooth and nail for the next 4 years to make small government, fiscal responsibility, and political integrity the hallmarks of the new republican party.

This, right here, this medium (the internet) is the new talk radio. Its ours, we own it and we can use it to push our agenda, we just need more patience then you'll find in your average internet kiddie.

Dr. Paul has laid the groundwork and the plan, and if he pushes himself to the convention and actually gets to play kingmaker, he is poised to set all kinds of policy and platforms. He can push to have candidates ofhis choice backed in upcoming congressional elections, he can put the Liberty Caucus as the forefront of Republican policy making.

It's National Politics folks, not High School student Council...

ok, but we better work to protect the internet, according to what we see in the news, like at www.globalresearch.ca

kotetu
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
honestly it would be better for us all to join the republican party and be closet freedom party members until all 535 seats in the congress belong to members of our 'club'.

Then we all 'come out' at once and take care of business.

robmpreston
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
the Libertarian party is almost as flawed as the GOP and Democrats. It's time for a new contender.

slantedview
02-05-2008, 09:42 PM
from what i understand the libertarian party is very strict in their libertarian beliefs, and isn't acceptable to the general population.

i'm aware of freedom force, but it's not a party, per se. it's more of a freedom oriented version of the CFR.

Why build a hut from scratch when you can just renovate the mansion?
the mansion is more of a heavily fortified castle that we'll have to storm if we want to take it over. i'm not sure how it will go...

slantedview
02-05-2008, 09:46 PM
i think freedom force's freedom creed could be the official creed/motto of the party.

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
i think freedom force's freedom creed could be the official creed/motto of the party.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

Watch this. "You've no real choice except to retake the ship". And "you can only do this if you hold the power".

We won't vote our way to freedom, and we most certainly will NEVER wait our way to freedom.

slantedview
02-05-2008, 09:51 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

Watch this. "You've no real choice except to retake the ship". And "you can only do this if you hold the power".

We won't vote our way to freedom, and we most certainly will NEVER wait our way to freedom.

i have watched that video. learning about the CFR and reading G. Edward Griffin not only scared the crap out of me, it opened my eyes. I've taken the red pill.

LibertiORDeth
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM

That was one of the first parties bro.