PDA

View Full Version : 10 Reasons to remain optimistic!

MrAustin
02-05-2008, 08:43 PM
1. There are 1000's of people all over the country who are rising up and fighting for their liberty and their rights. 1000's of people are "awake" now (me being one of them).

2. We are motivated by PRINCIPLE - not outcome. (In contrast to the "he's not electable" mentality.)

3. The momentum will not stop and that number of Paulites WILL keep growing.

4. We (the people) control the new media (for the time being...), and the old media is dying.

5. Factal events are constantly vindicating Ron Paul's platform. (i.e. the stock market's "minor" setbacks.) This should be very encouraging in a way.

6. The majority of "sheeple" are future Ron Paul Revolutionaries. They just don't know it yet. Look at the voter trunout and the congressional and presidential approval ratings! They just need someone to give them the proper diagnosis of the problem.

7. We invented the money bomb, launched the first presidential blimp, SHATTERED fundraising records, outlasted 7 other candidates so far, and we are THE largest grassroots campaign EVER. (And all of this despite the uphill battle against the establishmet.)

8. All we have to do is EDUCATE the United States. Sounds huge, but it is definitely easier than DECEIVING the United States.

9. Muscles grow from resistance - so does the Ron Paul Revolution!

10. I am living proof that the "sheeple" can be reached.

I am not giving up. If Ron Paul can fight for 30 + years so can I. So can all of us.

YOU WOKE ME UP AND I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR THAT!!!!! PLEASE PEOPLE KEEP GOING! LET THE PRINCIPLE OF FREEDOM MOTIVATE YOU AND KEEP YOU MOTIVATED. DON'T LET RESULTS EFFECT YOUR ACTIONS ONE BIT!

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlPT4bncq8 and remember what's important! The principle!

pinkmandy
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Hell yes!!!!! I'm feeling the same way!!!!

JimInNY
02-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Right on! That's what we need! A little inspiration!

madman55
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
holy hell.... my thoughts exactly brother.

Anybody who gives up after this election year was no true supporter in the first palce

Dorfsmith
02-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Post of the month :cool:

Agora
02-05-2008, 08:51 PM
10a lot of supporters around the world

Phantom
02-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Nice post MrAustin.

That Ron Paul video you included at the end of your post was terrific.

Long Live The Revolution!

MrAustin
02-05-2008, 08:54 PM
10a lot of supporters around the world

Didn't even think of that - you're right!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
We need to brainstorm new ways to get the message out.
We've used up the net, the old media is trash.. what else can we do?
We are the brightest of the bright.

I can feel a new broadcasting method brewing....

Tidald
02-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Absolutely excellent post~

kirkblitz
if we are taking delegates but not winning the presidential poll in the caucases then that can be 11.

Bladestunner316
Amen!!!!

I think the campaign needs to reform itself in order to put out a 3rd party run. We need to hammer people everywhere with slim jims.

We need those who endorse Ron Paul to publicly speek for him at events.

We need to organize those Ron Paul republicans who are running for office to hold rallys/speeking event son the constitution and freedom.

Ron Paul needs to publicly challenge to debate the so called "front runners" of the dem on foreign policy and on the rep side economics. More than likely this will be Hillary-Mccain.

The campaign needs to keep pushing the precint leader program.

Have those who endorse Ron Paul to publicly support a money bomb.

Also buy some ad time for his new book release to spread the word!!

Plan a massive rally to attract media attention!!! (like packing out safeco-my dream)

Just some of my thoughts!!

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I found three new supporters this week. We don't start getting busy here until March. It doesn't stop, no matter what the results!!!!!!

Bladestunner316
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Also I want to add a Press Conference on why Hillary care will not work and also on Foreign policy and why Mccains 100 year war will kill this nation.

Also pick a well known VP!!

kill the banks
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
a clear thinker ... thx

kill the banks

The One
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
bump

Jimmy2e
02-05-2008, 09:05 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't win the republican nomination, and doesn't run third party then this country is doomed. Its time to think about going to school in Britain...

WE MUST DO SOMETHING. WE MUST HELP DR PAUL WIN!

ralucelom
02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
bravo, pauls message is quite the eye opener and many others may follow in stride.

deedles
02-05-2008, 09:09 PM
We need to brainstorm new ways to get the message out.
We've used up the net, the old media is trash.. what else can we do?
We are the brightest of the bright.

I can feel a new broadcasting method brewing....

We should not overlook the local news, radio and small town newspapers.

UziSprayTF
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
We need to focus on 2010 and even more so 2012.

We need to organize precinct leaders for 2012 NOW. Every precinct will be hit ON DAY 1! That way, when the media has its first set of polls they will say,

"oh look who is leading! It's [insert liberty candidate here]! The little known [insert political position here]! The GOP sure is changing!"

We will need literally thousands of ORGANIZERS.

We need a voluntary pyramid of command for communication.

We need to have the contact information of the local newspapers ready.

We need to have very very well designed Slim Jims and TV Commercials.

We need to have tons of money saved up.

Each member must have $2300 saved for the first quarter. The media will not be able to ignore a $20 Million dollar first quarter. You want to talk money bombs? imagine a 15 Million dollar money bomb ON THE FIRST WEEK of the liberty candidate running!

Once we have precinct leaders for 99% of the country, by the end of the first month we need to have every single American talked to. Not just the one that answers the door, ask to speak to the husband and the nanny and the chef and the college student.

Lists of favourable responses should be made. Writing down the address of each person that says that they are interested. After contacting them later (give it a week) ask for a monetary donation of $50 dollars from each one, either in the local paper or to the national campaign. If you're in a small town do the former, if you're in a urban area do the latter. For the ones that give a VERY favourable response ask for help canvasing.

Other very, very important things:
- Premade lists of minorities. Muslims, Jewish people, Mormons, Gays, Anti-Abortionists, Anti-Warists, etc...
- Premade documents to target these groups.

If you're in a church start to build a relationship with the pastor/reverend/priest/rabbi/etc NOW. By the time 2011 comes along you should drop by and talk to him. Though church leaders shouldn't endorse from the pulpit they do (and should) talk to deacons and other church elders. All this trickles down to their wives, etc... VERY important.

The MSM have won this battle, maybe even this campaign, but they will not win the war. Live free, live peacefully, and don't give up. We are just getting started. It has been a long fight since the worst president ever (FDR) and we must slowly but surely flip the country to the opposite side. Peace, liberty and independence.

We must start stacking republican organizations to stop the fraud. If it is not Ron Paul next round it will be someone he endorses. We must be ready.

To the ones of you that have been fighting since the beginning. THANK YOU. You are to thank. To have 1 in 20 republicans vote for Ron Paul is no small task. Thank you. You are like the 300 Spartans that held off the Persians. Next time we will all be behind you from the beginning.

tarabyte
02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
+2008

Ronin
02-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Promote his book. 60+'ers are readers. Books are viral.

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 09:15 PM
aaaand bump

clouds
02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Has anyone seen the newsmax article about Ron Paul? In it they mentioned that it was Goldwater's presidential run which birthed Reagan's chance at governor 2 years later.

RJB
02-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Great post! I needed it!

bull
02-05-2008, 09:19 PM
The Constitution has little relevance to the government, but still it's interesting to note that the crazed John McCain was born, to his state-connected parents, in the Panama Canal Zone. The Zone, the product of US imperialism under the crazed Teddy Roosevelt, was never officially US territory. That is, McCain was born in a foreign country, and therefore not eligible to be president, according to the Constitution.

OddballAZ
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Kick every sheeple in the ass until they wake up. Some will take forever to wake up. A few will never wake up. That's ok. We just need a majority.

tpreitzel
02-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Actually, Ron's percentages are remaining steady in states where he did NOT campaign, i.e. from about 3%-7%. In the states where he campaigned, he's running about 15% which isn't bad. Personally, I'm pleased as we're not out of this contest. If any candidate is likely to drop out of the GOP race soon, it'll likely be Romney. Currently, Ron is in 3rd place in North Dakota!

Nic4Truth
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
UziSprayTF- GREAT post! My dad kept reassuring me- saying how Reagan didnt get elected for a few times after running. This has changed history as we know it. Next time will be VERY different, thats what I kept telling my husband.

How can I sign up?

Cleaner44
02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Just keep spreading the truth.

nightlight
02-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Whatever happens with Republican primary, there are still ten month before the real elections. Almost anyone who hears the undistorted Ron Paul message comes to our side. That makes the strategy for the victory in November, by whatever path, clear. The advancing economic collapse, as anticipated and explained by Dr. Paul, his solution and his vision for the America the way it was meant to be, will make even more ears listen to his words.

The intensity of the well orchestrated ruthless resistance from the establisment and their mass media is a clue of how much they fear the truth he speaks. They did all they could to silence us and make us go away, but we are not quitting. There were eleven, then five, then four and tomorrow there will be two or three and we will be there.

In the months ahead, as the words of Dr Paul spread, we will be getting stronger, while the establisment liars "explaining" the ongoing economic collapse and their more-of-the-same "solutions" will sound ever more ridiculous.

Time is on our side. Times are on our side.

MJfromCT
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Thank You MrAustin, you provided me with the right words of enlightenment in a moment in which my mind was allowing me to believe it was darkest.

steve254
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM
bump

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 09:36 PM
More will come after the dust settles.

UziSprayTF
02-05-2008, 09:37 PM
UziSprayTF- GREAT post! My dad kept reassuring me- saying how Reagan didnt get elected for a few times after running. This has changed history as we know it. Next time will be VERY different, thats what I kept telling my husband.

How can I sign up?
Thank you!

Once I have found someone that I can plan with I will formally organize this. I will make sure send you a PM.

I won't forget!

virginia4liberty
02-05-2008, 09:38 PM
It is sad the minority of america believes in the constitution and freedom, but we are that minority. 100s of thousands of people believe and we must convert more. I will not give up the fight to one day see habeus corpus restored and our civil liberties no longer under threat. Remember 2008 as the start of a rEVOLution that cannot be stopped. Ron Paul has sparked a movement with the message of our forefathers that was long forgotten. We must carry the torch he has lit into the 2008 elections and beyond.

sutt205
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
The OP just got my vote for post of the month. Thank you MrAustin. Thank you very much.

AFM
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carla8478
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM

We need to organize precinct leaders for 2012 NOW. Every precinct will be hit ON DAY 1! That way, when the media has its first set of polls they will say,

"oh look who is leading! It's [insert liberty candidate here]! The little known [insert political position here]! The GOP sure is changing!"

Each member must have $2300 saved for the first quarter. The media will not be able to ignore a $20 Million dollar first quarter. You want to talk money bombs? imagine a 15 Million dollar money bomb ON THE FIRST WEEK of the liberty candidate running!

Once we have precinct leaders for 99% of the country, by the end of the first month we need to have every single American talked to. Not just the one that answers the door, ask to speak to the husband and the nanny and the chef and the college student.

Lists of favourable responses should be made. Writing down the address of each person that says that they are interested. After contacting them later (give it a week) ask for a monetary donation of $50 dollars from each one, either in the local paper or to the national campaign. If you're in a small town do the former, if you're in a urban area do the latter. For the ones that give a VERY favourable response ask for help canvasing.

- Premade lists of minorities. Muslims, Jewish people, Mormons, Gays, Anti-Abortionists, Anti-Warists, etc...

If you're in a church start to build a relationship with the pastor/reverend/priest/rabbi/etc NOW. By the time 2011 comes along you should drop by and talk to him. Though church leaders shouldn't endorse from the pulpit they do (and should) talk to deacons and other church elders. All this trickles down to their wives, etc... VERY important.

The MSM have won this battle, maybe even this campaign, but they will not win the war. Live free, live peacefully, and don't give up. We are just getting started. It has been a long fight since the worst president ever (FDR) and we must slowly but surely flip the country to the opposite side. Peace, liberty and independence.

We must start stacking republican organizations to stop the fraud. If it is not Ron Paul next round it will be someone he endorses. We must be ready.

To the ones of you that have been fighting since the beginning. THANK YOU. You are to thank. To have 1 in 20 republicans vote for Ron Paul is no small task. Thank you. You are like the 300 Spartans that held off the Persians. Next time we will all be behind you from the beginning.

I absolutely agree! We're not done with the presidential election yet of course, but when that is finished, we need a short break, and then we need to get working on 2012. I really believe we could have one over more people had we had more time. A lot of our best ideas and programs (like the precinct leader thing) just got started.

We need to realize that we are in this for life. After this election we need to settle into whatever pace is comfortable enough for us to keep striving for the liberty movement every day from this day forth.

And as an idea for an alternative to the MSM I think as many of us as possible should start local newspapers to distribute that teach constitutional principles and report on local/state/national elections from a more balanced perspective even if it starts small and you have to print them from your inkjet printer.

RonPaulwillWin
02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow, just wow. This post alone deserves its own money bomb.

OptionsTrader
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I need to watch The Matrix and 300 again, then go out and canvass...

Laja
02-05-2008, 09:59 PM
bump

jackbid
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I loved your 10 points, but unfortunately, we are a lttle too late, and the mesage could n be reached to millions of Americans in time. Cross your fingers, we'd neeed a miracle now in order to head towards a brokered convention in September.

I hate the MSM so much I can't tell you... :(

The MSM has to be taught a lesson, a shocking blow, so that they'd never do this again...............

I am fucked up by all this constant lying by other politicians, and the Sheeple are just NOT READING the damned numbers... Look at the economy,..

I'm tired and disappointed ... :(

LJHudd
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Thank you MrAustin - I'm in tears reading this - long live the rEVOLution!

PLEASE watch the video here posted by torchbearer (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1145089&postcount=23) << link to torch's post

It will change your life, you will be a soldier (with purpose) in the rEVOLution forever after watching it.
Please, read that post by torchbearer and watch the video - all of it, it's long, but it's a MUST and then get in contact with him. I'll be contacting him shortly myself.

I love that I am free. Ron Paul set me free, I too was once a sheep and now I am FREE!

LJHudd
02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108138&page=3 << Here's the link again, posted by torchbearer

GO THERE NOW!

Aia
02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Thank you. :)

pinkmandy
02-05-2008, 10:31 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108138&page=3 << Here's the link again, posted by torchbearer

GO THERE NOW!

I'm listening/watching now. :)

literatim
02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I need to watch The Matrix and 300 again, then go out and canvass...

Equilibrium > The Matrix

CelestialRender
02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Great post. More of these, please. : P

swisstiger
02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Great statement! Got published on

http://www.ronpauleurope.net/indexE.htm

Pauls' Revere
02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I just put down my laced kool aid....
Hell Yeah, this is the beginning of thier end!

american empire
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
any one watch jay leno...
he had a segment where you had to recognize the candidates....
hilarious none could do it....
in the end he said ...you get the govt you deserve...
that just sums up the past year for me....

devil21
02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Ill give ya 19 reasons!

Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington State, Wisconsin

cheese
02-05-2008, 11:06 PM
to the top!

LJHudd
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
LJHudd:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=108138&page=3 << Here's the link again, posted by torchbearer

GO THERE NOW!
I'm listening/watching now. :)Nice! I'm almost certain you'll be promoting that video shortly after watching it.

LJHudd
02-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Ill give ya 19 reasons!

Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington State, WisconsinYEP! It's not over till Ron Paul says it is. I'm going to travel to Lake Jackson, Texas with my family on Sunday - Ron Paul will be having a rally there.

ONWARD and upward!

Fillbaxter
02-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Nice Post!

I agree with the post below as well.

Cheeky
02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
+1

Bump.

RochesterRyan
02-05-2008, 11:22 PM
bump for freedom

Gadsdenfly
02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Agreed Mr. Austin. The fight goes on beyond this nomination and beyond this election. This movement old and new is is here to stay and they are going to have to deal with us. Not only at this convention but as a voting bloc that can swing results and win elections for years to come.

tnvoter
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
darn tutin'.

Michigan11
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
I agree Mr. Austin. In fact, let me add that I believe not a single one of us, truly knows how large this army of freedom warriors is.

There are 60,000 alone in my state. There are 49 other states.

We are ONE.

FluxCapacitor
02-06-2008, 12:07 AM
We've only just begun.

Kotin
02-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Indeed.

We Are Next Texas...

Coola
02-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Viva La Ron Paul Revolution ^_______^

Ninja Homer
02-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Awesome thread, awesome OP! I'd like to add to this inspiration if I may.

The biggest story in this election so far is that people really want change. Obama talks change, but doesn't represent real change. Hillary tries to talk change, but her only real change is that she's a woman. We all know Ron Paul is a real, valid, and exciting change. All those people who want change just need to be educated. Their heart's in the right place, but they don't possess the knowledge to make the right decision. Just keep educating people on the issues and it will spread.

I'd like to tell you about my family. My Grandpa is a WWII vet (marine in Iwo Jima), a life long Republican, and the most amazingly active 84 year old I've ever met. My Dad has always been a Republican, but only gets active when he feels his vote might make a difference. My Mom is mostly Republican, but has been known to vote Democrat occasionally. This is my little sister's first opportunity to vote in a presidential election, and she was supporting Obama. My younger brother usually votes Democrat. My wife has voted all over in the past because she votes for the candidate, not the party. I have always voted 3rd party, usually Libertarian. My son is 12, and won't vote for a president until 2016.

Tonight, my entire family was united in voting for Ron Paul. It didn't take much effort on my part to educate them, I just sent them a choice youtube link once in a while. I don't know how many people they have spread the message to, but I know they have spread the message. Revolutionary ideas tend to spread exponentially when they are needed.

My 12 year old son has been studying the Constitution. Not because I asked him too, but because he saw my excitement and decided to do it on his own. He watches debates with me, and yells at them when they say anything that's unconstitutional. He talks to kids at school about it, and tells them to ask their parents to vote for Ron Paul. He talks to his teachers about it, and at least one of them is now a Ron Paul supporter. If you've been ignoring kids because they're too young to vote, you could be missing a huge opportunity!

So within my family, there are 4 generations united in their support for the first time ever because of Ron Paul's message. It's truly amazing to me! And knowing that my son will be supporting the Ron Paul of 2016 is absolutely priceless.

Midknight
02-06-2008, 12:58 AM
It may be a little late in the thread, and it's a little corny, but I am reminded of a random quote from an (to me,) unknown source.

I can live with losing the good fight,
But I can not live with out fighting it.

Primbs
02-06-2008, 01:49 AM
1. There are 1000's of people all over the country who are rising up and fighting for their liberty and their rights. 1000's of people are "awake" now (me being one of them).

2. We are motivated by PRINCIPLE - not outcome. (In contrast to the "he's not electable" mentality.)

3. The momentum will not stop and that number of Paulites WILL keep growing.

4. We (the people) control the new media (for the time being...), and the old media is dying.

5. Factal events are constantly vindicating Ron Paul's platform. (i.e. the stock market's "minor" setbacks.) This should be very encouraging in a way.

6. The majority of "sheeple" are future Ron Paul Revolutionaries. They just don't know it yet. Look at the voter trunout and the congressional and presidential approval ratings! They just need someone to give them the proper diagnosis of the problem.

7. We invented the money bomb, launched the first presidential blimp, SHATTERED fundraising records, outlasted 7 other candidates so far, and we are THE largest grassroots campaign EVER. (And all of this despite the uphill battle against the establishmet.)

8. All we have to do is EDUCATE the United States. Sounds huge, but it is definitely easier than DECEIVING the United States.

9. Muscles grow from resistance - so does the Ron Paul Revolution!

10. I am living proof that the "sheeple" can be reached.

I am not giving up. If Ron Paul can fight for 30 + years so can I. So can all of us.

YOU WOKE ME UP AND I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR THAT!!!!! PLEASE PEOPLE KEEP GOING! LET THE PRINCIPLE OF FREEDOM MOTIVATE YOU AND KEEP YOU MOTIVATED. DON'T LET RESULTS EFFECT YOUR ACTIONS ONE BIT!

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlPT4bncq8 and remember what's important! The principle!

Great list.

RonPaulMTV
02-06-2008, 01:59 AM
The most important one is that PRINCIPLE is more important than outcome. Why did RP vote alone so many times in congress? Because it was the right thing to do. Even a loss in 08 would not change the fact that these ideas have been put into the atmosphere like a virus (a good one) and they will germinate on their own into something bigger.

molly_pitcher
02-06-2008, 01:59 AM
It may be a little late in the thread, and it's a little corny, but I am reminded of a random quote from an (to me,) unknown source.

I can live with losing the good fight,
But I can not live with out fighting it.

props and kudos

purplechoe
02-06-2008, 02:11 AM
I am disappointed in todays results. The only thing that can stop us is ourselves. I don't see how anyone who has been woken up by Ron Pauls message can go back. Me personally, I'll try and get involved in in the GOP locally and try and change it from the inside.

JohnM
02-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Great post, MrAustin. The rEVOLution is just beginning.

And a question:

Its time to think about going to school in Britain...

I'm not familiar with this expression. What do you mean?

shida
02-06-2008, 03:51 AM
Bump for a great post.

rxx
02-06-2008, 04:11 AM
http://www.mises.org/article.aspx?Id=1559

(...)

In short, the advent of industrialism and the Industrial Revolution has irreversibly changed the prognosis for freedom and statism. In the pre-industrial era, statism and despotism could peg along indefinitely, content to keep the peasantry at subsistence levels and to live off their surplus. But industrialism has broken the old tables; for it has become evident that socialism cannot run an industrial system, and it is gradually becoming evident that neomercantilism, interventionism, in the long run cannot run an industrial system either. Free-market capi*talism, the victory of social power and the economic means, is not only the only moral and by far the most productive system; it has become the only viable system for mankind in the industrial era. Its eventual triumph is therefore virtually inevitable.

amp
02-06-2008, 06:43 AM
(Here is what i was going to post in its own thread but i thought it would fit better here. It's 80% conveyed properly )

Lets sail this usa-boat off the waterfall.

It is easy to be constantly annoyed with people who are clueless of what is actually going on, old, brainwashed, fox.. whatever the cause.

Being discouraged with the number of people going out to vote for McMittHuck, i got to thinking about how you can only warn people so much. Instead of going against the current and hoping we can turn the entire thing around now, i feel like the worse the usa boat gets and the sooner and the better. Then real reform can happen. If hard times is what it will take to change things, so be it. LET's GO.
[Feels more optimistic in a way]

For me, Ron Paul is the only choice, its a matter of principal. He would be the only reason to vote. So it seems Tuesday, the uninformed populous has voted. In another 6 months it will be interesting to see how many more people are informed. The grassroots is a powerful platform, any network like that has the potential to grow astronomically overnight. As for the money i donated, if it got one person to wake up, it was well worth it, cause eventually it will become 2, 4, 8, 16 over time.

Feels like we are still yelling "FIRE", to a person in a coma.. for now.

ladyliberty
02-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Ron Paul is the Katrina Forecaster of our day! Remember the guys from NOAH who told everyone to evacuate - but they didn't? The ones who were just PLAIN STUBBORN decided to ride it out and look where it got them! I plan to be one of the people who listens and bugs out before its too late! I am paying off all of my bills, putting non-perishable food back into storage, and getting ready to implement my back up plan for when all you know what breaks loose!

Henry
02-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Great post!!!

wgadget
02-06-2008, 07:27 AM
RP DVDs for everyone!

alexlcameron
02-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Cheers!! We will not fade away into the cold dark night. Stand united for liberty!!

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-06-2008, 08:13 AM
:-) +1

KevinDW78
02-06-2008, 08:21 AM
I agree that the Revolution goes far beyond Ron Paul and this ONE election. However, Ron Paul would be too old to run in another 4 years. I think we need to find the Ron Paul "successor" who can continue the fight.

deanne
02-06-2008, 08:40 AM
I just put down my laced kool aid....
Hell Yeah, this is the beginning of thier end!

:) yes, after last night, this is a life-saving thread for me too!

FBodyJim
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
It's great to post something cheery and pat each other on the back, and agree, the Revolution MUST continue.... but in 2012... You can search for past posts by me - and you'll see they are all in reference to getting the word out. I'm no quiter, and I'm not just a forum poster/BSer, I've been hard at work for a long time. Here was my post to my local meetup group.

=============================================
First, along the lines of Anthony's disclaimer - this isn't a flame,
it's a mere reality check. Most of you won't like, others will flame,
some might listen, and not that I'm anyone special, so delete if you
want. We all, or at least most us, did our part and made an honest
effort - I don't think we could have, or should have, done anything
differently.

First, since I'm an IT guy, let's look at some numbers since that is
what I'm good at:

#1) Re: Canvass vs Volume distribution:

Anthony states 800 flyers = 22 votes - or 2.75% of the vote in
Eatontown. I'm not sure where Anthony found the number of votes in his
town, I'd like to see those numbers in Little Silver/Shrewsbury/Long
Branch/Howell. Anyhow...

800 flyers distributed by one person is ABOUT 7 hours of time give or
take 2-4hours. - but let's say 8 hours as a ballpark figure.
Anthony suggests he should have canvassed (knocked door to door)
instead, which I propose would take AT LEAST 10-15 minutes per house
that actually wants to talk to you - figure you can hit ABOUT 4 houses
in one hour including time to talk to people, time to get people to
answer their door and listen, walk between houses, etc. Had Anthony
gone this route - he would have MAYBE hit all of 30-35 houses in 8
hours. Even at a 100% conversion to Ron Paul, he's not far off from
his 22 votes with the volume method. Even if my estimate of 8 hours is
off and it is 20 hours, then MAYBE Anthony hits 60-70 houses - again,
even at 100% conversion, not going to be election changing results and
certainly not all 60-70 people will actually vote for Ron Paul - right
back to the 22 number, IMO AND I'm sure not all 22 votes were from
these flyers - I'm sure some already knew of/about Ron Paul.

And I'm not just talking out of my ass here - I also spent many many
hours and many many dollars trying to get the word out. Over the past
6 months, I covered the entire northern section of Long Branch with my
own printed Ron Paul flyers - TWICE. After I found the meetup group -
I hit about 500 of the same people that seemed like good voters again.
I helped in Oceanport with Anthony, Tiffany, and Amanda and then hit
about 300 more houses on my own in two other outings to Oceanport. I
helped get about 1200 flyers out in Shrewsbury. I helped get about 300
flyers out in Little Silver. I got about 300 out to the LB train
station, another about 300 at the Monmouth Mall, about 1-200 more at
random shopping centers in the Eatontown/Long Branch/West Long Branch
areas. I didn't waste my time - but I certainly was no match for
McCain/Romney/Clinton/Obama on the front page of the papers,
magazines, billboards every day. No match for hours and hours of daily
tv coverage, radio coverage, etc. I even spent about an hour and half
from 5 to about 6:30 standing at a busy intersection in Long Branch
last night with my huge sign, waving at everyone passing by - I got
maybe 10 people to honk - at least half of said honkers just looked to
be drunken Mexicans or Brazilians who are probably illegals and honk
at everyone, or wouldn't vote for Paul anyhow. I saw all of about 20
people going into the firehouse to vote - not that I judge people
based on skin color - but let's just say that I watched Obama get
about 20 votes. I also had one group of feminazis stop thier little
red car in front of me to wave their hillary sign at me - as if I
would somehow go vote for her - their efforts quite misdirected - but
somehow she won, go figure.

So, first bold statement I'll make, canvassing is a waste of time and
too much work - not many of us, self-included, know and understand
enough of the details of Ron Paul's policies and opinion to explain
them one on one and even if we could, how accurate will we be? What
might we say or suggest that is a turnoff, or just poorly worded.
While handing out flyers, one old fella wanted to know Ron Paul's
stand on some specific NLRA (?) issue, then on some highway issue,
then on some union issue, then on some pension/labor issue. Certainly
I, and none of us, could possible answer (or find answers) to these
specific questions in a one on one canvass. Secondly, I highly doubt
anyone in Jersey is going to welcome you into their home with your Ron
Paul flyers and DVD and sit down and shoot the shit with you about
politics. I've lived in this state long enough to know that we all,
self-included, are truely assholes and none of us will give a door to
door anything the time of day, let alone talk politics with some
stranger.
My *OPINION* - volume of confirmed information is the best path we can
take. We just need more volume, more information, more often, more
specific targeting. People are just uninformed. As much as I hate
them, the APP was dead on with their 4% prediction - we had 5%. That
means that they are probably accurate on 76% of Americans want out of
Iraq - which means the 83% of people who voted McCain/Romney are just
uninformed because if they are part of the 76% - they voted for
something they don't want - because they don't know those two dummies
are for a 100 year long war in Iraq.

#2) This meeting group was the only Ron Paul voters....
Here comes my second bold statement - we, the 128 of us on the
Monmouth Meetup group - were the only people who voted for Ron Paul.
There were 2,216 votes for Ron Paul. there are 128 people on this
mailing list/meetup group. That means for each 1 of us - there were 16
other votes. I can tell you - my 16 other people in this county that
voted Dr. Paul were my immediate family and friends who I had to beg
and plead with to vote Ron Paul - and I'll be honest - at least 10 of
them voted for Ron Paul as a goof - as in - fine - cause it won't make
a difference, enough of people will vote for McCain that he'll win -
but this at least shuts you up so you don't bother me. My dad never
votes for R or D, he always votes 3rd party (even without research)
and he even voted for Ron Paul yesterday. If each of us, all 128 of
us - only converted out immediate family and a few friends - then that
indeed is the 2,000 votes we came up with. That said, be honest- if
there are 128 of us on this list - there are probably 128 more people
who are Ron Paul supporters that don't want to bother with the mailing
list - and suddenly is 8 voters to 1 of us - seems like some of us
couldn't even get our friends/family to vote with us.

With those numbers into perspective, I've said it before and I'll say
it again - "we" claim that we are taking on BigMedia - we're not -
just face it - they have us beat by a long shot - 83% apparently. In
fact, we're somehow losing to Huckabee - I saw *1* huckabee sign in my
walking of Long Branch - that sign came down after the 3rd time I put
a Ron Paul flyer on the guy's door. Maybe he converted, maybe someone
just stole his sign, who knows. Huckass gets little more support from
the media than we do - yet he's beating us - and yes - he is beating
us - don't be confused or delusional.

Taking on BigMedia - educating 83% of the population is not easy - it
can't be done in 8 hours. It can't be done in 20 hours, it can't be
done in 40 hours. It requires weekly, if not daily, in your face
education. 33% or more won't just vote for Ron Paul because he is a
3rd party on the ballot. If we're (un)lucky, Bloomberg will hop into
the race and it'll be a 4 way battle - again, be honest, 50% of the
population won't vote 3rd party/independent so we can't say 25% will
vote for Paul - we can say MAYBE 50% of the 33% will... still nowhere
near good enough.

Getting delegates to the convention, overrunning the convention with
Ron Paul supporters, etc sounds nice - but so does winning the $102
mega millions jackpot. Face it, we're not going to get 1000+ ron paul
supporters are delegates to the convention. We're not going to overrun
it and take over, we're not going to sneak Paul on the Republican
ticket. The new Republican party doesn't want Ron Paul and the people
are too ill-informed to want him, or at least knowingly want him.

In my opinion, the ONLY possible solution is a brute force, take on
BigMedia, information (but kind of a smear) campaign. Ron Paul
Revolution on top - The issue (Real ID, the wars, the economy, etc)
and why every one of the "major" candidates just has no answer, no
credentials and no ability to fix the problem. I wouldn't even bother
saying that Ron Paul can fix said problem - just give a URL that
offers more information and a subtle banner/ad for Ron Paul from
there. People know, or think, a politician is a politician is a
politician and just because they get a flyer saying some politician is
different or better - they won't believe it - and in fact they'll wait
for the "news" to tell them. But if you start hitting home, scaring
people with the facts, and making them do some research on their own -
you MIGHT, be able to convince a few people to think 3rd party.

I'll say this - at this point - I'm prepared for the news "First Woman
President" or "First Black President" - because we just don't stand a
chance against BigMedia - unless THOUSANDS, even tens of thousands,
or Ron Paul supporters nationwide act in a concerted effort to inform
people that Republicans suck and democrats are worse and the only
solution is to vote 3rd party.. It's not 800 people in eatontown, 1500
in shrewsbury, 3000 in long branch, etc that need to be reached. If
our flyers are effective for 2.75% of people, and we need 400,000
votes to win - It's 14,545,454 people in new jersey we need to reach -
problem obviously - there aren't that many people in New Jersey! In
other words, we'd have to reach EVERY single voters, every single
week, just as "BigMedia" does. Its an effort that every single one of
us has to be on board to support. Good weather is coming soon - I did
the math in my last email and we need to reach about 3 million
households. We would need to get 3,000,000 of the same newsletters -
and to answer the dumb email someone sent me - I don't literally mean
a newsletter - I mean a single page ad - we don't need a "think tank"
like you suggest, we need a single page with good and accurate
information. Include all of the links/URLs I see sent back and forth
on this list in a small box somewhere on said flyer. If 4 person teams
chip in to get 1000 of these printed and distributed, we'd need 30,000
of these 4 person teams to act in a concerted effort to get these
printed and distributed each week. We'd be reaching 6,000,000 with the
information, at least giving us a shot - at 2.75% - that'd be 165,000
votes, but we can't do this once and move on to the next town - we
need to repeatedly hit the same towns over and over and over again and
get from 2.75% to 5%, or 10%. They need to see "Ron Paul" as often as
they see any other candidate. And I'm not contradicting myself - I
said leave Ron Paul off of the flyer - aside from Ron Paul Revolution
- they'll catch on, or at least visit one of the websites/URLs we give
to see more. If they don't - we didn't stand a chance with that person
anyhow. Of course - this leads to a second problem - if I say we need
30,000 of these 4 person teams, then we need 120,000 people to help.
We don't have that many Ron Paul supporters in this whole state. WE
barely have 20,000 at this point. Even if we could get all 20,000 to
help with this effort - 20,000 makes 5,000 teams of 4. 5,000 teams *
1,000 flyers each is only 500,0000 households. At 2.75% conversion -
we're looking at maybe 13,750 households converted - about 2 voters
per household - only MAYBE another 20,000 votes - we'd be rocking all
of MAYBE 40-50,000 votes despite these efforts.

I'll be honest - I'll stay in the fight as long as Ron Paul wans to be
in the fight and other people want to stay in the fight - but the
numbers are very much stacked against us and there really is no way to
win as a Republican and even less of a chance to win as an
independent/3rd party - especially if someone like Bloomberg, who can
outspend Romney and Clinton combined, gets into the race.

Thanks for trying - I suggest someone sets up a mailing list/meet up
group for those of us who seem to lean libertarian and/or want real
change (not change like the others promise) and maybe 4 years from
now, if this country still exists as the United States of America, and
we're still a democracy, and we're still allowed to talk politics on
the internet and exercise free speech, free press, etc - maybe then we
can try again. But be honest, at this point, we not only don't stand a
chance of winning anything - we don't even stand a chance of standing
a chance of getting even a noteworthy showing.

Unless there is an honest concerted effort along with a plan from the
top (the campaign) - I think I'm ready to call it quits, get back on
track with my workout schedule and just fade into the daily non-sense
that makes this country tick. Spending more time and money on a losing
effort, and in fact and impossible (look at the numbers) battle is
kind of pointless. In fact, it is kind of like the US staying in Iraq
- we lose a little more ground each day, the media shoves us off to
the back pages, or leaves out a mention all together, the majority
forgets about us.

Keep me posted on any future efforts - I'll be on the mailing list as
long as it exists - and I'll be willing to help - but my opinion is
that it's time to call it quits. Regroup, rethink and plan ahead for 4
years from now... or two years from now when the US collapses like the
USSR did....
=============================================

Kinda of pessimistic and disheartening, I know - but again, ***WE'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TAKING ON BIG MEDIA***

If you want to take on BigMedia - you need a writer - a few of them, and good ones. You need (cheap and fast) printers. You need trucker drivers to deliver said paper to local distribution centers - you need a local delivery fella to get that paper door to door. You need the convenience store clerk to offer the paper and a smile with your morning coffee. You need the TV and radio to show the face, and tell the story and message. Clearly, you need people, thousands and thousands of people. And we can all sit here and post and agree with each other that we're doing so well, but the numbers just don't show it. We're kind of acting the Amish here - living in our own little world - ignoring everything going on around us - and we're just not being honest with our selves if we think emailing the guys at CNN/Fox/etc nasty emails or making thousands of phone calls is "taking on BigMedia". You want to take on BigMedia? ALL OF US need to become our media. All of us need to get the information printed locally (because we don't have a central printing plant or truck drivers). All of us need to chip in and pay for it (because we won't be finding any advertisers). All of us need to go door to door and deliver the "news" (because who knows your town better than you). And all of us need to coordinate (because it'd be pointless for 2 of us to hand the same "news" to the same person on the same day).

You can be optimistic - and you can keep doing your part to keep the revolution moving - but don't be delusional and think we're winning. Big Media has been around for a long time and if we want to take them on, we need twice as many people as they have, and we need to work twice as hard as they do.

Tedhunter
02-06-2008, 11:56 AM
My desire to be free, truly free, will motivate my actions for the rest of my life. It doesn't matter if I find freedom through Ron Paul, or through any other candidate in particular. It doesn't matter if I have to leave this country to find it - I will always resist tyranny. Ron Paul has simply given me a clearer understanding of my struggle. Hopefully this message of ours can permeate to all people - humanity will need it in the years ahead.

~TW

UziSprayTF
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
FBodyJim,

I like that your post has actual numbers in it. We need more of those for 2012. However, it all wasn't in vain. Ron Paul barely registered on the national polls nine months ago. It is much harder to increase a voting percentage from 2% to 6% than from 20% to 30%. We need to be all ready for 2012. Thank you for your work.

fufurios
02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
That's all I hoped to hear from you, nothing else.
Thanks. Keep on fighting.