PDA

View Full Version : A psychological issue

jerry
02-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't know how to statistically prove this but I believe that it is those who are unhappy with their lives who are voting for CFR members to put into outward display something that represents what's inside but too painful to be faced directly. Inside each person are abused, unwanted, dispised, weak, child parts of ourselves. It's so painful to know this that it stays underground. But the mind insists they be acknowledged, so it "projects" these traits onto anybody who can, even ever so partly, fit these traits. The color underground is dark. Starting to get the picture?

Muslims are dark skinned, child like, not as developed, weak (almost all are passifists). So this action to attack dark skinned people is a most tragic, ineffective and unsuccessful way to keep these hidden child parts repressed.

Robert Bly and others started to teach the world about shadow projecting but the media shut them down, laughed at him and the so called positive men's movement.

I wish I can express myself better in this point. I hope you can still gleam it's meaning.

If Ron Paul wins, I hope he will amend the constitution to declare that most or all boys be initiated into positive manhood through ritual processes. Going to war to kill harmless innocents is not what being a man is about. Initiated men protect all life and help heal those who are wounded.

Paulitical Correctness
02-05-2008, 08:33 PM
..Over my head

yongrel
02-05-2008, 08:34 PM
I have never seen a post that belonged in grassroots less.

thuja
02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
books? island, by huxley and the true believer, by eric hoffer

H Roark
02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I think YOU need to see a psychologist.

pacelli
02-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't know how to statistically prove this but I believe that it is those who are unhappy with their lives who are voting for CFR members to put into outward display something that represents what's inside but too painful to be faced directly. Inside each person are abused, unwanted, dispised, weak, child parts of ourselves. It's so painful to know this that it stays underground. But the mind insists they be acknowledged, so it "projects" these traits onto anybody who can, even ever so partly, fit these traits. The color underground is dark. Starting to get the picture?

Muslims are dark skinned, child like, not as developed, weak (almost all are passifists). So this action to attack dark skinned people is a most tragic, ineffective and unsuccessful way to keep these hidden child parts repressed.

Robert Bly and others started to teach the world about shadow projecting but the media shut them down, laughed at him and the so called positive men's movement.

I wish I can express myself better in this point. I hope you can still gleam it's meaning.

If Ron Paul wins, I hope he will amend the constitution to declare that most or all boys be initiated into positive manhood through ritual processes. Going to war to kill harmless innocents is not what being a man is about. Initiated men protect all life and help heal those who are wounded.

Interesting concept, Jerry. I'm a psychologist, but this evening my resources are focused on the polls. Sorry.

thuja
02-05-2008, 08:37 PM
he or she is a thinker

pacelli
02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Freudian / Neo-Freudian object-relations analysis from what I can tell just by skimming it. This is a theoretical post, thus can be moved to another forum.

Cinderella
02-05-2008, 08:41 PM
i think, therefore i am, i think

jerry
02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Ouch.

I'm suprised that this topic got largely dished. Does anyone have a better answer to the deep motivations of the masses voting for CRF and more war?

I don't know how Ron Paul does it. Now I truely understand why he keeps saying 'enthusiastic'
After all he's been through, I can see how he really must need it.

Patriot123
02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Wow. I'm amazed how we Ron Paul supporters are insulting this man for a simple post. This is what destroyed the campaign.

Michigan11
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the forums Jerry!

Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts......j/k

Heracles
02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
America lost tonight because America is scared to face the truth. That is all there is to it.

Obama offered hope. Clinton offered familiarity. McCain offered strength. Huckabee offered Faith.

Ron Paul offered them the truth. And they can't handle the truth.

AmyPA
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
We should be able to rate all threads.

Patriot123
02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
We should be able to rate all threads.

Not if you were intending to support Ron Paul's principles, and win this. This is what caused us to lose our country tonight.

jerry
02-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks Patriot123 for the supportive comment and insightful observation. Thanks Michigan for the welcome and humor. Thanks Thuja for the kind remark.

Heracles, agreeing with you. And notice how the mainstream keeps saying, 'not realistic' to our Restoring Father. When in fact it's true. If we pull all troops back, give a deeply heartfelt sincere apology, we can all get on with our lives.

Ron Paul once joked that he would like Doug Casey to be his VP:
An awesome speech. This is the straight talk that the masses can relate to. If this got distributed, I think we can make much headway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC-ZxzYneOQ

asgardshill
02-06-2008, 12:14 AM

Jerry, you're obviously a thinker and I appreciate stream-of-consciousness as much as the next guy.

1. I honestly do not believe that 99.9 percent of voters have a clue or even care if the person they are voting for belongs to the CFR or not. Other than a very tiny group of the cogniscenti and political junkies, CFR membership matters not one whit to the average voter.

Who do they vote for? Sometimes they vote against one or more somebodies. Others vote straight party ticket, or cafeteria-style, because somebody shoved a flyer into their hand last week, or for the guy who looked the best on TV. A few weirdos even vote for the person they think will do the best job in the elected office regardless of party affiliation.

But yes, your main point is a valid one - people do sometimes vote in an attempt to scratch their own personal itches. They vote for every reason from the noble to the venal.

2. I hesitate to assign broad characteristics to all adherents of a particular religion. There are some fine upstanding Muslims, some who are lukewarm or noncommittal about their religion, some who backslide or have backslid, and there are some total jerks and psychopaths as well. Which IMO is true of any religion. We're not all of a piece, and I think the rabbit trail we hop down if we try to assign general characteristics to members of a particular religion is one I don't really wish to explore.

3. Your "positive manhood" meme intrigues me. I'll do some Googling of the clues you dropped and try to educate myself further. I personally try to be the best example I possibly can for my kid, and think that our family's rituals and choices constitute at least a small tributary of what very well might be the stream of thought you alluded to.

Can you be a skosh more persuasive that amending the Constitution in the way you described is the right choice to promote better "men in training"? I stand ready to be persuaded.

Shink
02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Why did you post those lies about muslim people? Have you been around any? How about living in the middle of one of their population centers?

jerry
02-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Asgardshil, thanks for reply. I laughed at your nugget, "people do sometimes vote in an attempt to scratch their own personal itches" - that's my worry, folks don't want to find out about CFR, etc .. because that will only make their itch become more to the surface of their awareness. The whole positive manhood material comes from the works of Michael Meade and Robert Bly, in a nutshell, boys need to break from the world of mommy and enter into the world of men. Since the bond between mother and son is so great, a serious initiation ritual is needed to make the transition. If this transition isn't made, we have what we have in the current world - 4,000 momma's boys who want world domination (ie: to recreate secure base via servants (surrogate mommys) in order to then try to find self) (4,000 figure from http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958&q=edward+griffin&total=201&start=0&num=20&so=0&type=search&plindex=1). I suppose in a free society, we will naturally re-discover our need for those rituals.

Shink, I totally agree with you and thank you for catching me. I really didn't mean to generalize. Although, I was speaking from their point of view, it doesn't do good to slip into that way of thinking. Yes, look at each person as an individual. .. I argue that psychology is better than philosophy in understanding things. I'm not a psychologist, a guy trying to understand and become a postive man.

MalcolmGandi
02-07-2008, 12:57 AM
I think GWB could be a manifestation of our collective psychosis. The willingness of people to believe his lies and those of the media, I feel, is an outgrowth of a deep spiritual sickness. We should all work to improve our spirit. This will better the spirits of those around us. I truly believe there is a collective unconscious, and we can have a profound effect on it.

Shink
02-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Asgardshil, thanks for reply. I laughed at your nugget, "people do sometimes vote in an attempt to scratch their own personal itches" - that's my worry, folks don't want to find out about CFR, etc .. because that will only make their itch become more to the surface of their awareness. The whole positive manhood material comes from the works of Michael Meade and Robert Bly, in a nutshell, boys need to break from the world of mommy and enter into the world of men. Since the bond between mother and son is so great, a serious initiation ritual is needed to make the transition. If this transition isn't made, we have what we have in the current world - 4,000 momma's boys who want world domination (ie: to recreate secure base via servants (surrogate mommys) in order to then try to find self) (4,000 figure from http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958&q=edward+griffin&total=201&start=0&num=20&so=0&type=search&plindex=1). I suppose in a free society, we will naturally re-discover our need for those rituals.

Shink, I totally agree with you and thank you for catching me. I really didn't mean to generalize. Although, I was speaking from their point of view, it doesn't do good to slip into that way of thinking. Yes, look at each person as an individual. .. I argue that psychology is better than philosophy in understanding things. I'm not a psychologist, a guy trying to understand and become a postive man.

Yeah, I know this psychological thought and discussion is very interesting. I just don't like corralling all Arabs into any one category. I was there in the occupation of the country belonging to those poor, good people. They are liberty lovers in their own way. They want/need to be left alone to raise their families and be happy. I had to kick down doors and charge in with my squad only to find cowering, crying women and children, terrified in the middle of a room. If you ever want to see someone as human, put a gun in their face. You'll see them as a person and possibly see yourself as less of one.

jerry
02-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Malcolmgandi, what you said is exactly what Michael Meade says. In his words, GWB is our collective shadow, "we elected our shadow into office." For sure, if more folks can heal themselves they won't be so easily manipulated by fear propaganda.
Shink, I feel your sincerity and I feel so sad about it.
Maybe seeing the raw terror of an innocent person is a twisted way for a soldier to finally see an image of a lost and unknown-unfelt memory of how he must have felt when he was abused/neglected as a newborn.

It's all so crazy. These 4,000 leaders with all the money in the world .. all they need to do is create a nice resort island for themselves with a bunch of best therapists and do slow, daily healing work in a safe way. In a few years they would come out feeling heartful and rich in heart. Wow what a great chance they have. Instead they bond together over an addiction and loyaltiy to their abusive systems, and still compete with each other and secretly hate each other.

Let's make a deal with them We give them a Hawaiian island with every expense fully paid for. They can relax and heal themselves. We will leave them alone and they can take as long as they like. Let Ron Paul fix up the world in the meanwhile.

jerry
02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
In every city, it seem there's an impoverished area. The rich all around feel relieved to see those in this area because it takes the focus off of their own improverished parts and by seeing them outside of them, judging it, feeling pity, sorry, giving a slice a pizza, etc they ever so slightly acknowledge it, then quicking ignore it and go with their seeking fame or comfort lifesyles.

If one day, these poor folks realized their trap, they make shake it off and leave, thus leaving a city with everyone rich, but then among the rich, they will pick the weakest among them and scapegoat them. Some old cycle. It just incredulous that we can build thousands of nuclear bombs, we still don't know understand ourselves.

I'd really like this thread to develop in the quest for mutual understanding.

jerry
02-10-2008, 03:26 PM
The psychology of Ron Paul supporters MIGHT be this: We had smothering mothering so severe that we demand liberty. For the others it was abusive and smothering but included the odd rare moment of security to build attachment and loyalty. Old childhood issues getting played out in world affairs and politics. Joseph Clinton Pearce says in his book, Magical Child, that fascism is a womb. Do you recall the joke: We spend the first 9 months of life tring to get out of the womb and the rest of our lives trying to get back in."