PDA

View Full Version : **Its McCain Stupid! --The WV Horror**

spacehabitats
02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
First off, you can put away your "Troll" smears. This last weekend I took three days off, drove to Missouri with my wife and kids and spent the time chasing down potential delegates, posting yard signs, and going door-to-door handing out slim jims to little old ladies. I truly appreciate how hard everyone has worked in every state, including West Virginia. I'm not saying this to beat up on the WV delegates.

But this deal stunk on ice, even before Huckabee's back-stabbing wench did her 180!

We can learn from our mistakes, but not if we don't recognize them as mistakes.
Let me try to explain this as simply as possible.

If we can't win the nomination outright, the next best outcome is a brokered convention.

To get a brokered convention we don't need more candidates in the race, but we do need to keep any one candidate from winning more than 50% of the delegates.

1) We need Romney to take as many delegates as possible to keep McCain from running away with the nomination. (Remember one of our goals is a brokered convention.)

2) We had a chance to seal the deal without Huckabee or McCain. In other words, Ron Paul is the power broker and the other guys are frozen out completely.

On the way home tonight I heard NPR announce that Huckabee had won all 18 WV delegates after he made a deal with McCain that defeated Romney.
No mention of Ron Paul, any three-way deal, or the three delegates that I guess we aren't going to get anyway.

(In their defense, I guess there was some concern that not all of the Romney delegates would stick on the second ballot, although I can't imagine why when the deal would have insured his win.)

I have been saying since Iowa that McCain was the one to fear and Huckabee was just the Romney-killer.
It has been painfully obvious that McCain was the true anointed one, and just as obvious that Romney was not THEIR BOY. The MSM has done just about everything to sabotage his campaign that they could do to a "front-runner". Didn't you notice that even as McCain started to take the lead Fred, Mike, and Rudy were still piling on Romney during the debates? And if Romney and Huckabee both make it to the convention Mike will turn his delegates over to McCain faster than you can say, "Ron Who?". You heard it here first.

Bottom line: Even if you didn't realize that Mike Huckabee and his supporters are scum-sucking liars there were plenty of good reasons not to make the deal with these particular devils.

Remember, we have to stop McCain and Huckabee!

QWE
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
If Romney got those delegates, McCain would have ended up with the same number of delegates. Romney doesn't have to beat McCain, McCain just needs to get less than 50%

wfd40
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
we shouldve given west virginia to Romney.. Huckatard has been getting free press ALL FUCKING DAY from it as a result and guess what everyone...

Huck is taking a bunch of states that Romney had a shot in.. Now its all but over.. forget the brokered convention.. way to go w.v

The msm used west virginia to rally the Huckabee troops today.. HEY MA.. WE'VE GOT A SHOT!! LETS GO VOTE YEEEHAW.

QWE
02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Also looking way ahead - Huck delegates are WAY more likely to support Paul at the convention than Romney delegates are.

literatim
02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
No one did a 180. The deal was brokered between the local campaigns, not national and the national have nothing to say about it since the deal was struck.

ItsTime
02-05-2008, 08:30 PM
qft

If Romney got those delegates, McCain would have ended up with the same number of delegates. Romney doesn't have to beat McCain, McCain just needs to get less than 50%

Original_Intent
02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
we shouldve given west virginia to Romney.. Huckatard has been getting free press ALL FUCKING DAY from it as a result and guess what everyone...

Huck is taking a bunch of states that Romney had a shot in.. Now its all but over.. forget the brokered convention.. way to go w.v

The msm used west virginia to rally the Huckabee troops today.. HEY MA.. WE'VE GOT A SHOT!! LETS GO VOTE YEEEHAW.

Umm Huckabee, Romney, what difference does it make - they are dlegates that McCain didn't get so a brokered convention is just as likely.

Also the three delegates we got in WV - they still count as Huckabee delegates because it is winner take all. What happened is three of Huckabee's delegates stepped down and Ron Paul delegates were raised in their place.

Understand this - even though they are Ron Paul delegates they count for Huckabee because WV is winner take all and they MUST vote for Huckabee in round 1 at the convention. It is only if it goes to a second round do they become uncommitted and can then vote for Ron Paul.

If Huckabee drops out before convention (don't think it will happen) ALL of his delegates to nat'l become uncommited and the three Paul delegates could vote for Paul in the first round - ASSUMING that Paul qualifies to be nominated.