PDA

View Full Version : What states does ron paul still have a shoot for first place?

Give me liberty
02-05-2008, 08:05 PM
So far he is getting 0 wons :(

Michael Ingram
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Montana, Alaska, Minnesota

I am forgetting some though.

jeff43
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Alaska? I don't think he'll win any states to be honest with you.

hellsingfan
02-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Montana, Alaska, Colorado, Minnesota

Michael Ingram
02-05-2008, 08:09 PM

Who is it Romney, Mccain, Huckabee? Are you volunteer or paid?

jeff43
02-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm not trying to be negative, but it just doesn't look good at this point. I'm not part of either of those campaigns. Let's wait and see if Paul wins a state.

Give me liberty

get lost you sick warmonger neocon

you came all the way here to just to bash didnt you :mad:

Tell me newbie why do you love war so much?

transistor
alaska only. don't count on minnesota guys :(

Cinderella
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM

DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff43
02-05-2008, 08:13 PM
You guys don't treat new people very well. If people don't say what you want to hear, you call them trolls and warmongers? What did I say that makes me a warmonger? Let's wait and see if Paul wins any states. I think he's got a shot in Alaska.

Acidlump
02-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Don't forget NORTH DAKOTA

transistor
02-05-2008, 08:17 PM
You guys don't treat new people very well. If people don't say what you want to hear, you call them trolls and warmongers? What did I say that makes me a warmonger? Let's wait and see if Paul wins any states. I think he's got a shot in Alaska.

ignore them. you can't say anything without being called a troll around here

abbgt1
02-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Jef is right. That's an awful way to treat a newcomer who didn't say anything nasty, just gave a different opinion. I highly doubt the other campaigns & supporters are coming on here to the Ron Paul forum at this point.

jacross
02-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Don't call him a noob warmonger neocon just because he is telling what is clearly going to be the truth (and if it isn't then God has smiled upon us).

You are all the noobs because you clearly thought this was goingto be easy. You must be noobs to the liberty movement because you don't realise how well this campaign has gone.

You think this is bad? It gets a whole lot worse before we find anything better. For those of us who have been libertarians (or whetever else you are) for a while, this campaign has been an upswing and anything above 5% is amazing.

nate895
02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Why are the low posting members always the ones that protect negative posters?

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Don't forget NORTH DAKOTA

Why not SD? :rolleyes:

Give me liberty
Sorry everyone and sorry to jeff, i am just pissed.

at least we woke some people in the country to carry on ron paul visions

jointhefightforfreedom
What we do have a shot at is a brokered convention if we can't get the nomination then it's time for a 3rd party run

transistor
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Why not SD? :rolleyes:
SD doesn't vote for a couple months.... and since i live here, i can tell you there is no way ron paul would win SD. it's a huge neocon state

Shink
02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
What we do have a shot at is a brokered convention if we can't get the nomination then it's time for a 3rd party run

How would that work, chronologically?

jacross
02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Why are the low posting members always the ones that protect negative posters?

Logical fallacy. Attacking the man in no way refutes what I said.

For the record, it's probably because they think people like you are fucking idiots and are discouraged from posting.

Or maybe it's because I'm Australian and thus cannot post about real campaigning.

Or maybe it's because non idiots are busy people out there actually working for liberty.

Or maybe it's a combination of all of those.

SWATH
02-05-2008, 08:34 PM
None, if we can't climb out of last place in Montana, there is nowhere we can win. However we still may be able to surreptitiously get delegates.

jacross
02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Nah Alaska is a funky little ice paradise that may shine on us.

Gustogus
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber

hehe, every time I see someone backlash with an instant "Troll" denunciation my first thought is of Sean Hannity.

Whenever a caller calls in with any type of dissenting opinion, no matter how loyal a republican they've been through the years, Hannity's immediate reaction is to discredit them by calling them a liberal.

Is that what you want? Do you want to be the Sean Hannity of the RP forums?

Roxi
02-05-2008, 08:46 PM
you guys stop worrying, you knew this would happen. the popular vote is nothing but a beauty pageant. most of these states dont hold their caucuses and delegate selections for another month. we still have a huge chance at this IF EVERYONE GOES TO THE STATE CAUCUSES. even if you don't want to be a delegate, STILL GO!!! the more people who show up the more delegates we get to take. these states that are winner take all states are only so if ONE candidate gets 51% if not it goes to brokered convention. none of them will take 51% in most of these states. so if 100 people in each county show up at the caucus for ron paul then we can take most of the delegates. don't stop calling your call lists after tonight. keep calling them and ask them to show up at the caucus for ron, stay positive and make sure your telling people that these results don't matter its the delegates that matter.

Soccrmastr
02-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Everyone bashing Jeff is fucking retarded.

dan barry
02-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Newcomers are less likely to be caught up in the Ron Paul hype. They are more realistic. You ARE what you surround yourself by: People with over 1,000 comments live, shit, and breathe Ron-Paul-information....and they lose touch with reality. I went and voted for Ron Paul today....I was wearing Ron Paul gear...people laughed and stared at me....I'm in Burbank California......I had to wait in line and fill out provisional ballot....I was there for 30 minutes and out of the dozens of people I saw, not one of them said "hey, nice Ron Paul shirt",...nobody said shit to me.

I saw about 30 people vote on the Democratic side of the room, and I only saw 1 fucking person cast a ballot on the Republican side of the room...and that person probably voted for McCain because he looked like a fuckin' prick. It was fucking sad. But its the Truth!! I know the policy here is Only Report Good News or else you are a negative troll, but enough is enough.

We need to accept his downfall, and prepare his 3rd party run,...he needs to do something drastic. Also, I agree with some of the others,...his ads have sucked. Also, if you're gonna make a You-Tube video, make it one minute long. DON'T make a 8 minute video with a slow sentimental one-minute intro. DON'T make a corny crappy song about Ron Paul, it makes us look like hillbillies. Do you see any comical McCain songs on Youtube by McCain fans. No. Please make concise Ron Paul vids that ATTACK his opponents, and use the word NEO-CON as much as possible.

While I was watching the Superbowl at my friends house there were a few people that noticed my Ron Paul shirt and they went up to me and said "Are you serious?, you know he has no chance, what in the world makes you like that guy?"