PDA

View Full Version : Dazed and Confused!

westmich4paul
02-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok, here is my question here and I am basically asking all long time Republicans in here. I myself have been a conservative Democrat (no thats NOT a oxymoron!) my whole life. I was born into a Democratic family and have been pretty much apathetic to the whole election process until I was in my thirties. This summer I learned of a candidate by the name of Ron Paul(for the first time) and he basically said the same things I have been saying to everyone I know for years regarding foreign policy. I truly believe in a non welfare state and believe that people who work for a living should keep the majority of the fruits of their labor. So Ron appealed to me almost on every level.

Now when I started campaigning grassroots for Ron I was like wow this guy has such conservative convictions he should do well. Little did I realize what the establishment had in store for him. So we come into super Tuesday with McCain leading the Republican party. All this while such Republican Icon's such as Pat Robertson, Rush, Ann Coulter are pretty much saying this guy is not a Republican, does not represent the views of the Party, and they will have a very difficult time supporting him. Hell even Ann Coulter said she would support Hillary over him.

So my question is how in the world is John McCain doing so well ? Has the conservative right wing of the party really become that minute? If John McCain gets the nomination how will the grassroots Republicans vote? I just becoming a Republican since I started camapigning for Dr. Paul cannot see myself pulling a lever for Mr. (warmonger) McCain even if that means writing in Ron Paul or not voting at all and become apathetic again and concentrating on getting Ron Paul Republicans into office on a local level.

It really has me dazed and confused. I am not trolling here and have not given up on Ron's camapaign I just am kind of a realist and with each passing primary am becoming more and more disenchanted with my new party. How could anyone Republican, Democrat, Independant, ect ever vote for Mc Nasty?