PDA

View Full Version : Report from Blount County

WedgeTalon
02-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I unfortunately got to the polls late in the day (dang work) at around 5 or so. Stayed until just a little after 7. I'm in one of the supposedly most active precints in Blount (Alcoa). Didn't see too many people come in while I was there. Maybe a few dozen. Most people shrugged off my advances. Talked to one girl who had decided to vote Ron Paul last night (called him the "only choice"!) Might have swayed one or two with my candidate comparison sheet. They at least took it and gave it serious thought (though they didn't say who they ended up supporting). Only signs at the place for presidential candidates were the 7 I put up for Ron Paul (I put up 3 the night before, brought 3 more with me (in case they had been removed (again)) and one to hold), and 2 or 3 for *gack* Hillary.

ord33
02-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I am totally shocked at my County (Sevier). While canvassing and sign waving we found only 2 McCain supporters and he is winning Sevier county? Wow, I definitely didnt expect that.

Sevier
updated 9:45 p.m. EST, February 5, 2008 75%
reporting

McCain 4,769 38%
Huckabee 4,343 35%
Romney 1,868 15%
Paul 675 6%
Thompson 446 4%
Giuliani 132 1%
Uncommitted 131 1%

JonathanR
02-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I worked Beech Grove today. I gave out 47 candidate comparisons and talked to many people (certain that I swayed a few). No other candidate was represented and the place was covered in Ron Paul signs. I am quite beat and my voice is going out!

http://www.keyboardconspiracy.com/Poll.jpg

ord33
02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I worked Beech Grove today. I gave out 47 candidate comparisons and talked to many people (certain that I swayed a few). No other candidate was represented and the place was covered in Ron Paul signs. I am quite beat and my voice is going out!

http://www.keyboardconspiracy.com/Poll.jpg

Good work Jonathan, looks like you certainly did your part!

JonathanR
02-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks!

I also garnered a lot of votes for our delegates. People who said "I like Ron Paul but I don't think he can win" I responded by saying they could vote for McRomnabee but if they vote for the Ron Paul delegates then it was like voting for both. Got a few saying they would do that. :)

Matt Collins
02-06-2008, 11:07 AM
That is perfect. If we had a RP booth at EVERY precinct in the nation, then we would've done MUCH better in TN. Good work though...