PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of the WV Deal; Regardless of the Results

MortaLiberty
02-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Throughout my year supporting Ron Paul, I didn't attend any rallies and I didn't join any meetups. Don't let this be mistaken for not pushing the cause very ardently. I have donated many times and will continue as long as Paul says he will stay. I have turned nearly everyone that has came into contact of me either a Paul supporter or a Paul-sympathist, mostly supporters.

I volunteer for college radio, so I try when I can and am able to push the cause as much as prudent.

I noticed as I began to hang out with the Paul delegates in their meeting room, the knowledge that each of them had. They all knew much more about the situation in America than any other supporter combined. The diversity was incredible. The tenacity and support was unwavering.

And I tried to have a conversation with everyone that I knew was a Paul delegate so that I could see what the level of commitment really was. I talked about how the movement is much larger than we could dream and that this will continue and only get stronger past November of 08, regardless of the results.

Every single one of them agreed.

Even after Paul's name was dropped from the process and the deal was offered, whether the delegates chose individually if it was a worthy idea, they all still agreed that this was not close to over. They weren't misguided; they were well aware of the fact that this is a long uphill climb. The ones who chose the deal didn't just give in. They thought it over, and it was a very tough decision for them all. No decisions were made quickly, and bickering certainly did happen. The ones who chose the deal did so because they thought it was the best thing for Dr. Paul.

The ones who left did so to continue the fight. The ones who stayed did so to continue the fight.

It's been hard on me head to have been banging it against the wall of American Politics for the past 8 months. But Dr. Paul has about 30 years experience on me, so I'm sure I can last as well.

No one wavered on That issue. They all said the same thing: It's not over and it never will be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, that's a 19 year old's perspective about the situation.

steve254
02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
+1

MrAustin
02-05-2008, 07:50 PM
THIS is the attitude we need to have. Continue to fight right now, AND don't ever stop.