PDA

View Full Version : True Ron Paul grassroots results in Alabama

hummtide
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Watch for results in Houston County (Dothan), where it didnt matter where you lived, YOU HEARD ABOUT RON PAUL or got a slimjim, knock on your door, and most especially.. saw PLENTY of hundreds upon hundreds of signs.

In neighboring Dale County which we pretty much ignored we will use that versus Houston County to see how effective our efforts were. I will update when I get the results. And btw, the demographics are almost identical in the 5 county Dothan metro area.

utrunner07
02-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Watch for results in Houston County (Dothan), where it didnt matter where you lived, YOU HEARD ABOUT RON PAUL or got a slimjim, knock on your door, and most especially.. saw PLENTY of hundreds upon hundreds of signs.

In neighboring Dale County which we pretty much ignored we will use that versus Houston County to see how effective our efforts were. I will update when I get the results. And btw, the demographics are almost identical in the 5 county Dothan metro area.

interesting, please bump this stuff back up when the poll numbers from Al start coming in.

hummtide
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Final result.. total failure. The difference was inconclusive.

IN SE Alabama...

Counties we canvassed - % of vote for Paul
Henry 3%
Houston 3%
Geneva 3%

Counties we DIDNT canvass - % of vote for Paul

Coffee 2%
Dale 3%

So what is done is done.. I myself wasted hundreds of hours canvassing nearly 5,000 homes for nothing. And the lesson is this..

Yard signs dont mean s***. Put them up... ONLY on property of supporters. Dont waste your time putting them up in public viewed areas as they accomplish nothing. The sign cannot answer questions. And when you canvass.. KNOCK ON THE DAMN DOOR! Screw the worry of whether your an inconvience. Direct face to face contact is the only way to make it happen. If a supporter whose home or business has one on their property, then questions can be asked and answered. Aside from that, the media has us finished. We cannot compete in any way with them and my America I know realize is officially doomed. Oh well, time to start over from scratch.

hummtide
02-05-2008, 10:15 PM
bump

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
MSM is still extremely powerful and I don't see that changing for 2 decades (and even then they may get control of the internet).