PDA

View Full Version : Liberals, Yankees, The Only Racists

constituent
08-08-2007, 08:54 AM
ON the Jena Six...

I keep hearing all this bleeding heart... Jim Crowe is back in town crap from all the "liberals" out there (scholars and rogues, alternet, democracy now... the list goes on and on.. .colorofchange.org) over this issue. what I don't understand...

Six kids got together and conspired to attack (gang up on) ONE person. The background information means nothing, kids fight all the time (particularly in the rural south) and guns being pulled is not uncommon... I know more than one person who's been shot due to this sort of thing.

Six black kids got together to beat the chit out of ONE white kid. AFter the kid was already knocked out on the ground, several of the conspirators continued to

KICK THE KID IN THE HEAD.

Where I live Kicking a person in the head is ALWAYS considered and prosecuted to the full extent of the law as ATTEMPTED MURDER... and it should be because it is attempted murder (even if your head is so far up your own ass you don't realize the dangers of kicking another person's brain). Just like kicking someone with steel toed boots is prosecutable as assault with a deadly weapon.

These kids savagely beat another human, treating them like one of Micheal Vick's dogs... and none of these people are screaming HATE CRIME?

I guess it can only be a hate crime if you're not white...

and that's the thing... everyone keeps trying to spin this as a southern white racisim issue... I would argue (having grown up in the south) that we are much more integrated than our always know better friends to the north and the fact is that...

LIBERALS/PROGRESSIVES, whatever they want to call themselves are the racists. Hence inflating currency to provide crap programs and endless strings of loops to dehumanize the poor and the minorities into accepting a life of "please sir may I have some more."

Right now on Alternet.org, there is an article about the Green movement being "too white." I'm sure there are countless other incidences of this sort of thing going on...

The campaign would be well served by a concerted effort to point these issues out... b/c most people are good and NOT racists and really do want to see everyone succeed (that's why they are so regularly drawn to the "liberal" lies and so easily exploited as is the case with the CFR/UofChicago Neocon Obama campaign).

Please dr. Paul, as my representative... please please address this issue of reverse race discrimination and the enormous implications it has for the coming century. Do we believe in MLK's dream or not? That's the question here, are we (all americans regardless of race, socioeconomic standing, or political affiliation) going to judge ALL people by the contents of their hearts? Or will we continue to shout racism as we retreat into our marshmellow gated-communities and shopping districts?

ChooseLiberty
08-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Every ethnic group except European-Americans has at least one lawyered up organization to go to bat for them in cases like this.

To even out the playing field the poor/lower middle class whites need something like LULAC, La Raza, NAACP, etc. with plenty of lawyers on tap that can't be considered "racist". Put your thinking cap on.

Maybe you should start asking why it's not a hate crime. Did any of the black kids say any words referring to race?

constituent
08-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Are you familiar w/ the Jena Six situation? It's a long story to narrate.... uh, search NPR, they had a great segment about it on all things considered a week or two ago...

Sam Smith (who I've also noticed posts at some professional outfits as well) had this to say....

Sam Smith - June 28, 2007
Goddammit, some of the most treacherous vermin alive are Southerners, but treachery of that magnitude breeds heroes who are as noble as the villains are vile. So let’s acknowledge those people and POINT THEM TOWARD JENA. It’s unfathomable that all these years after Montgomery, after Selma, after the Woolworth’s sit-ins we should have to talk about maybe having a civil rights march in the South, but if that’s what it takes…

Is it going to take Federal action to step in and insist that justice be done here? Do we NEED to send in a bunch of Yankee lawyers, or can my fellow Southerners be trusted to find justice in their hearts?

Jim, thanks for a fabulous civics lesson. Let’s all promise to keep paying attention to Jena.

and

Sam Smith - June 29, 2007
And as we have talked about in the past, America has been steadily anesthetized ever since the ’60s by prosperity and consumerism (trying my damnedest to avoid using the words “bread” and “circuses” in close proximity here). As I once said about my generation, we’ve never had anything big to force us to step up and take a stand - the Boomers had Vietnam, but our wars have become video games (Gulf 1) and All-Volunteer Poor People Force adventures (current mess). On the same day that the WTC towers came down you could have walked into a store in any city in America and bought a new video game system to play FPS games on. We were terrified, but not in a way that compelled action.

And Civil Rights? If MLK were alive today his only recourse would be to become a rapper (and I imagine he’d have been a damned good one). But the call to action of rap these days isn’t get your march on, it’s go buy my CD.

To which an angry constituent replied....

constituent - June 29, 2007
First, ending segregation wasn’t such a wonderful thing. If it were, would this be happening? I actually live in the South, and accordingly have the right to say. School was hell for many black kids in my town because of desegregation. Rather than attend the Asberry School, where the members of their community taught each other (quite well in fact), they were forced into the one-size fits all, Northerners know everything and that’s why New York is so perfect model of education. The old white women who taught them instead were often quick to judge and quicker to punish, egging them on in their own ways.

And for the self-righteous buggers who think they actually helped things during the 1960’s, I recommend you pick up a copy of Local People (hands down the best book on the subject). You can’t figure out what is really happening in your own world, how are you going to fix someone else’s? Besides, these days the racists are a very tiny minority represented equally in all races, black, white, hispanic, asian, etc.

The difference, unlike the highly segregated neighborhoods of the north, everybody in the south deals with everyone else on a daily basis. When human conflict arises, there is a tendency for many folks to hit below the belt. It sucks to hear about people treating each other so poorly, intimidating each other and things like that but it is a fact of life which no amount of self-righteous, we know better than everyone, indignation will change.

Face it yuppies, members of the worthless generation, you were clueless then, you are clueless now, you have been clueless your whole life! The “social upheavel” of the 60’s was a sanctioned revolution, social catharsis, you walked right in to it Congratulations suckers!

Clean your own house first.

I probably could have been nicer... but man I hate when people start talking their "Yankee knows best" garbage... so clueless. They remember their little Selma bit as some Moses parting the waters thing... not how the people who lived there remembered it.

Brent
08-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Jim Goad covered this territory exhaustively in his book The Redneck Manifesto. This is a quote from Jim:

"In The Redneck Manifesto, I cited the FBI Uniform Crime Reports from 1988—of 9,415 interracial rapes reported that year, only TEN were white-on-black.

TEN...out of NINE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN.

I read that shortly thereafter, the Feds ceased providing racial breakdowns on such statistics because they so roundly undermined the nanny-goat bleating of the Jesses and Als and their coveted constituents such as (Tawana Brawley)..."
Not to mention that brutal rape and torture and murder of the white couple in Knoxville, Tn by 4 black thugs. Where was the media on that?

I, myself, am white and have lived in SC for 15 years. I have never once witnessed white-on-black discrimination. In fact, what I see is white people bending over backwards stepping all over themselves as to not appear to remotely offend blacks or any minority. I have been discriminated against many times in the workplace that is dominantly black.

PennCustom4RP
08-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I live in the state where this happened, Louisiana.

And who shows up? Al Sharpton, of course he did, with more of his whining.

see story:
http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2007Aug05/0,4675,JenaSchoolFight,00.html
FOXNews.com

Sharpton Chides Officials in La. Town

Sunday, August 05, 2007
By MARY FOSTER, Associated Press Writer

JENA, La. —
The Rev. Al Sharpton criticized officials in this racially tense Louisiana town on Sunday, saying the attempted murder charges leveled against six black teens show "one rule for white kids and one for black kids."

Sharpton and an entourage of three dozen religious and civil rights leaders met and prayed privately with one of the teens, 17-year-old Mychal Bell, for about 15 minutes at the LaSalle Parish courthouse.

Bell faces up to 22 years in prison after being convicted of aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy to commit aggravated second-degree battery. He had initially faced attempted murder charges. Four 18-year-olds and a juvenile _ who round out the group dubbed the Jena Six _ are awaiting trial on attempted murder and conspiracy charges.

"I did not come to Jena to start trouble," Sharpton said while preaching at a local church service after the meeting. "I came to Jena to stop trouble."

Bell and five other teens were charged in the December 2006 beating of a white schoolmate, 18-year-old Justin Barker. Barker was treated for a swollen and cut face and released the same day, but said he took pain medication for a week.

Black community leaders across the country were outraged, protesting that the attempted murder charges were too harsh.

In comments directed at District Attorney Reed Walters, who is prosecuting the Jena Six, Sharpton said, "You can't sit in the courthouse and have one rule for white kids and one for black kids."

Walters did not return a call for comment left on an answering machine at his residential number. No one answered Sunday at his office.

Jena, a town of 3,000, is mostly white with about 350 black residents. Residents said racial tensions have escalated because of events at Jena High School.

Last year, the morning after a black student sat under a tree on campus where white students traditionally congregated, three nooses _ unmistakable lynching symbols in the old South _ were hung in the tree.

Students accused of placing them were suspended from the school for a short period, and tensions increased.

Then on Dec. 4, six black students were accused of jumping Barker and beating and kicking him. A motive for the attack was never established.

"You cannot have two levels of justice," Sharpton said Sunday. "Some boys assault people and are charged with nothing. Some boys hang nooses and finish the school year. And some boys are charged with attempted murder."

Sharpton is a hypocrite, and so full of shit. His entire purpose is to be there and start trouble, as is his purpose everywhere he goes.
To say there cannot be two levels of justice is more of his diarrheal nonsense. White on black is a hate crime, black on white is not...bullshit!

constituent
08-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Yea Sharpton...

and who does he work for? who pays him to show up and blab on the tube?

Al Sharpton is an enemy of the African-American, Carribean Islander, West Indian, whatever label you want to put on, the black community.

So is Barak Obama.

And Jesse Jackson... is he an informant? I don't know, I look at his face in the picture where he's standing next to MLK's body (peace be upon him) and pointing and ... I don't know, it's a feeling really, a vibe... I don't know.

I just always try to remember that when I point my finger, there are three other fingers pointing right back.
...just a thought.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 03:31 PM

constituent
08-08-2007, 04:23 PM
which century is this?

and if you think blacks haven't done any lynching... n/m. the point is about where we are now, not then. to use the problems of the past as an excuse to encourage more problems (racial tension, stereotyping... you know, the ol' divide and conquer bit) in the future is certainly folly... and worthy of pointing out.

Liberal Yankees are the ones pulling the present garbage... hence the title.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 05:13 PM

PennCustom4RP
08-08-2007, 05:28 PM
The difference, unlike the highly segregated neighborhoods of the north, everybody in the south deals with everyone else on a daily basis.
t.

I will comment on this because I have lived in both geographical locations.
I am from Pennsylvania, yes a Yankee. As you may be correct that the neighborhoods were segregated there in PA, but the schools were not. I was bused across town for the sake of diversity, to a school whose population after busing was 50% White, and 50% Black. If I had gone to the school two blocks from me, in my neighborhood, I would have gone to a 98% white school. This school of course was upset too by busing, as the students from the black school were bused to the white school.

I now live in Louisiana, and just as it was there in PA, the neighborhoods are generally segregated. The whites live on the south side of my town, and the blacks live in the north side. There is no busing for school diversity though, the black kids go to the school in their district, the whites in theirs, of course there is some overlap.
I don't think that this is a geographic issue, not Yankee or Southerner. Racism does not know geography, as the North and the South are equally racist, from all sides, the North may just be more overt about it.
This may be however a Liberal Issue, Nationwide, as they are the ones who use the terms of 'diversity' and 'universal' all too often.

of course just my observation, and .02

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 05:47 PM

constituent
08-08-2007, 06:24 PM
thank you for admitting that...

sometimes feels like we've been swimming upstream trying to fight that myth... man... you made my day!

constituent
08-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I have a pretty skewed version of "Yankee"

Yankee-
anyone living north of San Antonio.

(alot of texans north of San Antonio get irked by that... it makes me laugh)

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 07:05 PM

PennCustom4RP
08-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I have a pretty skewed version of "Yankee"

Yankee-
anyone living north of San Antonio.

(alot of texans north of San Antonio get irked by that... it makes me laugh)

I hear that, here they say anyone north of I-10:D

PennCustom4RP
08-08-2007, 08:16 PM
PennCustom,

Thanks for taking a more measured tone. It is appreciated.

In regard to liberals talking about diveristy, I can't resist tossing this out there...

"America must not fear diversity. We ought to welcome diversity." -- George W. Bush (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/06/20070601-12.html)

GW is usually not considered to be a liberal, but he is a transplanted yankee.

Thats not a prob Darren, I'm a Coal, Slate and Steel hillbilly forever, regardless of where I live.
I'm sure youve heard what they say about PA, Philly on one side, Pitt on the other, and Alabama in between ....I know how we are, good, bad or otherwise:D

And so true. Dubya is from CT

Mesogen
08-08-2007, 08:22 PM
When we moved from New Orleans to Baton Rouge when I was a kid, my grandmother made fun of me by saying "You're a yankee now!"

Anyway, I remember Ron Paul talking about racism being some form of collectivism and that was, like, bad.

So dividing people into separate populations based on heritage and skin color is not the way to go.

My advice would be to stop looking at these things as black vs. white, even though it's that way in the minds' of the participants and most of the spectators.

If people could stop thinking that way themselves, maybe things will change, their children will be different than their parents and we will see an end to racism one day. It might not happen in our lifetimes, but it won't happen at all if we don't start now.

There, that's my soapbox message.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 08:35 PM

PennCustom4RP
08-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Anyway, I remember Ron Paul talking about racism being some form of collectivism and that was, like, bad.

So dividing people into separate populations based on heritage and skin color is not the way to go.

My advice would be to stop looking at these things as black vs. white, even though it's that way in the minds' of the participants and most of the spectators.

If people could stop thinking that way themselves, maybe things will change, their children will be different than their parents and we will see an end to racism one day. It might not happen in our lifetimes, but it won't happen at all if we don't start now.

There, that's my soapbox message.

While this all may be true, people do naturally divide on these lines, 'Birds of a feather' etc, and this isn't necessarily a bad or racist thing. Finding commonality is the same as collectivism in my opinion. Heritage itself is collectivism.
Diversity is fine if freely sought, but not forced upon.
We are all here on this forum because of something in common, routing for the same team. Collectivism bad? I think not.

constituent
08-08-2007, 09:03 PM
here here! garble garble garble garble...

great post!

PennCustom4RP
08-08-2007, 09:23 PM
If they like to drink beer and swim in the river in Alabama, then that's true.

I (heart) Armstrong County!

http://www.armstrongcounty.com/photos.php?cID=3

I (heart) Carbon County!

Mesogen
08-08-2007, 09:28 PM
While this all may be true, people do naturally divide on these lines, 'Birds of a feather' etc, and this isn't necessarily a bad or racist thing. Finding commonality is the same as collectivism in my opinion. Heritage itself is collectivism.
Not really. Only if you thought that your heritage should determine the way you live your life.

Collectivism isn't just people rooting for the same team. In the case of race, it's basically saying that there is this entity called 'the white race' or 'the black race' and that this entity has goals, desires, and interests.

I know that in reality people think this way, but my 'advice' was for people to try to stop thinking this way, or at least realize it when they do it. Maybe the trait could be passed on.

Diversity is fine if freely sought, but not forced upon.
Exactly, that's individualism.

We are all here on this forum because of something in common, routing for the same team. Collectivism bad? I think not.
Hmm, well, like I said, just rooting for the same team isn't collectivism.

Another example of collectivism to me is when people say that immigrants (legal or not) must "assimilate into the culture" Even Ron Paul has said this. I say, no, just follow the law and you can make your own life, whatever your culture or heritage. You get to chose how you live your life. That's individualism. Assimilation is collectivism.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM

PennCustom4RP
08-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Not really. Only if you thought that your heritage should determine the way you live your life.
Doesnt heritage do that, culture do that? Mine does. My race, and where I am from, are part of how I live my life and what I am. I have no problem with that.

Collectivism isn't just people rooting for the same team. In the case of race, it's basically saying that there is this entity called 'the white race' or 'the black race' and that this entity has goals, desires, and interests.

There is an entity called each of those things, each has goals and desires, and interests, not always attuned with each other. There are varying degrees of collectivism, and I still believe thats ok

I know that in reality people think this way, but my 'advice' was for people to try to stop thinking this way, or at least realize it when they do it. Maybe the trait could be passed on.

Reality is probably the key word here, and nearly impossible for people to 'give up' heritage or culture.
Still one can determine what 'trait' or idea they pass on or do not.

Another example of collectivism to me is when people say that immigrants (legal or not) must "assimilate into the culture" Even Ron Paul has said this. I say, no, just follow the law and you can make your own life, whatever your culture or heritage. You get to chose how you live your life. That's individualism. Assimilation is collectivism.

I think this is necessary, without assimilation, how does a person communicate, associate, etc when they come into contact with another? Only a man alone in the desert can be the absolute individual, because he never deals with anyone else. What will happen, is that one will seek out those like him, and congregate, maintain their common culture (see more collectivism), and maybe someday/decade this culture will be what is mainstream with the culture they entered.
Following the laws of the land is assimilation. Society is collectivism.

I still think collectivism is ok, provided its not gone into blindly, without choice. The choice the immigrant made was in his immigration. He chose to enter a place where the culture may not be the same as the one he left.
Individualism is fine too, but remember with a room of a thousand individuals , you have as many opinions and potentials for disagreement, and nothing ever will get done. There has to be some kind of consensus, and a consensus is a commonality, therefore a collective.
Individualism and collectivism are not absolutes, there are varying shades of grey across the gradient.

I understand what you say, and probably all is in varying degrees, like Pride in ones culture or race, and racism, there is a very fine line.

constituent
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
well hell yea....

this thread is shaping up nicely.

PennCustom4RP
08-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Albeit off original topic...but thats cool too...

constituent
08-09-2007, 09:00 AM
whenever i start a thread, that tendency is my central focus....

it's never really about the attention getter

Liberals, Yankees, The Only Racists...

that's just to rile people up. i like to watch the posts/viewed ratio for the first few posts... the lower the posts vs. viewed, the more successful... when the thread take off and begin discussing the generalities behind the topic brought up...

well, that's perfect!