PDA

View Full Version : This is real BS

Jim_Karr
02-05-2008, 06:35 PM
My nephews high school had a vote today in social studies for kids to vote and make pins for candidates. The teacher mentioned all the names and said Ron Paul wasn't a factor in this race and he didn't count. So they didn't get to vote for him.:mad: The teacher even saying he isn't really in this race.

ronpaulfollower999
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Did he refuse to vote?

0zzy
02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
My nephews high school had a vote today in social studies for kids to vote and make pins for candidates. The teacher mentioned all the names and said Ron Paul wasn't a factor in this race and he didn't count. So they didn't get to vote for him.:mad: The teacher even saying he isn't really in this race.

I'd fight my teacher, I really would. People really piss me off, so, so badly.

Paulitical Correctness
02-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Unfuckinbelievable.

It's literally everywhere.

Why are people so afraid of freedom? And REAL change?

derdy
02-05-2008, 06:38 PM

See if the parent's can file a complaint. She's supposed to be a teacher not judge and jury on who counts in elections.

the_bee
02-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I would seriously consider going down to the school and telling her/him you have no right to impose your views on these kids

Ron Paul Fan
02-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Even though the teacher is right about Paul, he should have let the kids vote for whoever they wanted.

Jim_Karr
02-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Did he refuse to vote?

No. He wrote in obama and Huck. I have him on the xbox telling kids to tell their parents about Ron Paul and he doesn't stand up for Ron Paul. Pissed me off at him it did. But then he is only 13 and he thinks the teachers know what is what.

homah
02-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Back when I was in school, I'd have listened to the teacher and voted for someone else. My soon to be born daughter will be raised to think for herself and fight back on stuff like this. Change comes gradually...

Acidlump
02-05-2008, 06:42 PM
You can sue for a social study teacher imposing political views and bias.

They are not even supposed to tell students who they support

Jim_Karr
02-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Even though the teacher is right about Paul, he should have let the kids vote for whoever they wanted.

No they are not right. They have no idea what is going to happen in this election.
The fucking idea that they included all the candidates except Ron Paul is what pisses me off. I am so pissed about this BS.

utrunner07
02-05-2008, 06:44 PM

Im more worried about why the hell kids are doing this in high school, seems like this is more of an elementary school project to me.

Son of Detroit
02-05-2008, 06:45 PM
This isn't possible. 13 years old and in highschool?

pacelli
I'd put a fucking call in to the teacher immediately and report his/her ass to the board of education as a matter of principle.

dannno
I'd put a fucking call in to the teacher immediately and report his/her ass to the board of education as a matter of principle.

+1

kyleAF
Im more worried about why the hell kids are doing this in high school, seems like this is more of an elementary school project to me.

QFT.

Schools have been amazingly successful since their inception.

The point is what they were intended to do in the first place. It wasn't teach.

tomveil
This isn't possible. 13 years old and in highschool?

I was 13 in high school. Wasn't everybody?

the_bee
02-05-2008, 06:46 PM

You are just like the teacher:mad:

Ron Paul Fan
02-05-2008, 06:48 PM
No they are not right. They have no idea what is going to happen in this election.
The fucking idea that they included all the candidates except Ron Paul is what pisses me off. I am so pissed about this BS.

We had a pretty good idea and this is what I was trying to tell people the last few days. Ron Paul is polling a distant 4th in almost all of these states. I knew he wasn't going to be much of a factor, but people didn't believe me and called me names. So the teacher was right about Ron Paul being a non-factor, and you'll see that unfold tonight, but I agree with you that he should have let the kids vote for any candidate still running.

Jim_Karr
02-05-2008, 06:49 PM

It's high school. I just asked him and he said the pins was allready made and they had to pick up the ones they wanted. Ron Paul was not there and that is when he was told about Ron Paul not in the race more than less.

8th grade he is in.

utrunner07
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
It's high school. I just asked him and he said the pins was allready made and they had to pick up the ones they wanted. Ron Paul was not there and that is when he was told about Ron Paul not in the race more than less.

8th grade he is in.

I see, well I am in no way bashing you or your nephew, hope it did not come off that way. He is a pretty cool kid for standing up and asking about Ron Paul. I was just kind of half joking I would think things would be more advanced than election games.

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 06:53 PM
This is how it starts. I don't see what's so difficult about just including all the candidates, even if the one you've deemed a long-shot isn't given as much attention. Disgusting.

Jim_Karr
02-05-2008, 06:58 PM
You can sue for a social study teacher imposing political views and bias.

They are not even supposed to tell students who they support

Seriously? Maybe this could make our daily paper here. The PA. primary is not till April here.

PhantomSTi
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
In my Christian Highschool back in 2004 we were allowed to vote for anyone on the ballot (we all received ballot books explaining every candidate). This included Ralph Nader of course. I'm shocked at how fair my Christian school was compared to a Public School.

LukeNM
02-05-2008, 07:10 PM

You are really too much -- You have been trolling here for months waiting for your chance to say, "I told you so". Go post some more of your shameless self-promoting links why don't you! Ron Paul Fan my rear… Get lost!