PDA

View Full Version : Another Ray Of Hope From Iowa

Thom1776
08-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Over the past couple of weeks, I have been using Myspace to reach Iowans. With the "browse" feature, I put in an Iowa zip code and received a list of Myspace members from that area. I then sent the following message to each member:

Hi. I don’t live in Iowa, but if I did, I would go to Ames on August 11th, pay the $35 for the Straw Poll and vote for Ron Paul.

I can’t, but you can.

If you already plan on doing just that, then I both thank and congratulate you!

If you don’t think you know enough, or anything, about Ron Paul, then please, just take a few minutes to learn some things about him.

Look him up on Google, YouTube or any other of your favorite websites. It’s easy: Enter “Ron Paul” and hit search.

Hopefully, you will see that he is far different from any other person who has run for President in a very long time. I admire him for his honesty, integrity, and strength of his convictions. He is a true American Patriot running for President on behalf of the American People. I haven’t voted in ten years, but finally, here is someone worth voting for!

So, from one American to another, please consider this great American, Ron Paul, and if you like him and he inspires you, do what you can to help us help him take our country back!

Thank you.

Tom.

So far, I've sent this out to about 300 Iowans on Myspace. As of today, about 150 have actually read it. (they were marked as "read" in my sent folder)

Today, I received this reply from a 19 year old man who lives in a small town just north of Ames:

i dont think you have to worry about the area im in. i know me and EVERYONE i know are voting in the straw poll. ron paul has are vote

I sure hope he knows A LOT of people!

I also received one other reply confirming a vote for Ron Paul.

So this is my little contribution to the Battle of Ames in our fight to take our country back!

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Wow, Thom! What great news and what a great job by you. Thanks, man.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Yes, I remember proposing this a few weeks back. I have a myspace auto friend adder program / auto comments / auto message, want it? ;)

Dave
08-08-2007, 08:35 AM
You are awesome! People can work Iowa without setting foot here! I hope RP supporters will keep this up after Ames and broaden the focus from central Iowa (target-rich for Ames) to the entire state to keep spreading the word in preparation for the Iowa Caucuses.

Hats off to you!

Badger Paul
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Bump.

UCFGavin
08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
same thom from facebook?

ghemminger
08-08-2007, 10:52 AM
This is a Fantastic idea! Who's hitting the other Social Networking sites? Do we have tickets and ride for them?

brumans
08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
MySpace and facebook are all really good ideas.

Mass messaging would be great -- we could mass message everyone in the Des Moines area telling them about Ron Paul. A LOT of people, especially the younger crowd, have MySpace.

We should organize this and try to push it from now until Saturday.

rich34
08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Tell them to drag as many people as possible to the straw poll with them.

I got a headache because I've been worrying about this all week.

Cowlesy
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!

lucius
08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Way cool, Thanks!

FreedomLover
08-08-2007, 11:00 AM
You are awesome! People can work Iowa without setting foot here! I hope RP supporters will keep this up after Ames and broaden the focus from central Iowa (target-rich for Ames) to the entire state to keep spreading the word in preparation for the Iowa Caucuses.

Hats off to you!

Good point Dave! All this work isn't just for Ames, The straw poll is merely the beggining. All this work is laying the foundation for the caucuses, and national primaries!

mport1
08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Good idea. I will start doing this tonight.