PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Independent Run?

Patriot123
02-05-2008, 06:23 PM
First, I'd just like to say, before I get flamed for saying this, I support Paul for life. Whether G-d forbid this turns violent, this turns into some march into DC to take back our government, or whatever else. I'm not a troll. Now.

Maybe it's time that we think about going Independent. We would get the nomination easily, I believe. But then again... I just have one question, if Paul were to do this. How could Paul get the Independent nomination if the election process is all ready half under way? There would only be about ten Independent primaries left, right? So how could Paul possibly run as an Independent at this point? I just don't quite understand this. Can someone help me on this? How would an independent run work, if half of the independent primaries have all ready taken place? Or is the voting process for Independents different than other parties?

FreeTraveler
02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Is there really any reason to start yet another thread about this? Comment in any of the 1000 other threads already open on this topic. Let this one die.

Patriot123
02-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Um... Well, this thread was rather more of a question, if you read it through and through, so I doubt anyone else would have had the same question as me :/

PaleoForPaul
02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
if Paul were to do this. How could Paul get the Independent nomination ?

There is no 'independent nomination'. He could run independent by getting on the ballot in every state via petition. He could also be nominated by one of the other parties, such as the constitution or libertarian party...or both. They haven't had their nominations yet, and they don't have primaries AFAIK, but someone from the LP could probably fill you in better on that.

Elliott
02-05-2008, 07:50 PM
First, I'd just like to say, before I get flamed for saying this, I support Paul for life. Whether G-d forbid this turns violent, this turns into some march into DC to take back our government, or whatever else. I'm not a troll. Now.

Maybe it's time that we think about going Independent. We would get the nomination easily, I believe. But then again... I just have one question, if Paul were to do this. How could Paul get the Independent nomination if the election process is all ready half under way? There would only be about ten Independent primaries left, right? So how could Paul possibly run as an Independent at this point? I just don't quite understand this. Can someone help me on this? How would an independent run work, if half of the independent primaries have all ready taken place? Or is the voting process for Independents different than other parties?

I've been saying he needs to run 3rd party forever, but at this point I want him to do it, even if for no other reason than to destroy the Republican party.