PDA

View Full Version : Didya hear about the 370-point Dow drop today?

wgadget
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Vote Ron Paul!

:D

luvthedoc08
02-05-2008, 06:16 PM
yepppp

wgadget
02-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Dang, they're reporting about another Fed interest rate cut!

DrCap
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Dang, they're reporting about another Fed interest rate cut!

The funny thing is the fed can't act fast enough, their not supposed to meet again til March. Emergency cuts at this point will fall on deaf ears!:)

krott5333
02-05-2008, 06:19 PM
The funny thing is the fed can't act fast enough, their not supposed to meet again til March. Emergency cuts at this point will fall on deaf ears!:)

look at the last rate cut they did.. they cut 50 basis points and still ended the day in the red!

Its a friggin joke anymore

transistor
02-05-2008, 06:20 PM
i'd laugh if my portfiolo didn't drop 5% today :(

Oyate

Can't act fast enough for what? Every time they cut rates USD takes another tumble on international markets. That's YOU MONEY they are throwing away for temporary bumps to Wall Street.

luvthedoc08
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111950

this might explain some of it...

slantedview
yea fuck wall street. hope you losers liked that drop.

Cleaner44
02-05-2008, 06:22 PM
yea fuck wall street. hope you losers liked that drop.

I love it, I bought some inverse funds, USPIX and URPIX.

Oyate
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111950

this might explain some of it...

Needs no explanation. Fed cuts rates, credit eases, Wall Street gets a little bump, USD takes a hit, it splashes back on Wall Street, markets tumble, gold takes a temporary hit as people are forced to sell hard assets to cover margins and shorts.

Bigvick
Why do you all want the stock market to crash? To make RP more viable? This is insane thinking, if you live in the United States and the market crashes big time I don't care who becomes president YOUR GONNA TAKE A HIT IN THE WALLET, YOUR JOB GONE,PRICES INCREASE, CHAOS, Retirement GONE,Everything SUCKS....

I understand that we all want to elect Ron Paul but the markets going down is not a time for celebration.....Besides..The dow gained 4.6% last week..it had to make a correction sometime..

tomveil
02-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Why do you all want the stock market to crash? To make RP more viable? This is insane thinking, if you live in the United States and the market crashes big time I don't care who becomes president YOUR GONNA TAKE A HIT IN THE WALLET, YOUR JOB GONE,PRICES INCREASE, CHAOS, Retirement GONE,Everything SUCKS....

I understand that we all want to elect Ron Paul but the markets going down is not a time for celebration.....

It's happening regardless. If this is the thing that wakes people up, then I'm for it. Nothing we can do can STOP it.

DrCap
02-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Can't act fast enough for what? Every time they cut rates USD takes another tumble on international markets. That's YOU MONEY they are throwing away for temporary bumps to Wall Street.

Sorry I've already abadoned ship, it's not my money any more crashing... though I am still working in this country right now so... I;ll still be screwed. I used to think a recession was going to come, but now I am more scared of a recurrent depression, and I'm starting to understand how the great depression occurred, by our government playing with the markets in these stupid ways. We are not supposed to be in the recession yet, most folks haven't even figured out their homes are loosing value, haven't figured out they are loosing their jobs soon, haven't figured out their dollar is crashing, and that the CDO's are all worthless pieces of paper (not value backed loans) and they haven't found out their government is bankrupt- this is really going to be bad when the merde hits the fan.

luvthedoc08
02-05-2008, 06:24 PM

I understand that we all want to elect Ron Paul but the markets going down is not a time for celebration.....Besides..The dow gained 4.6% last week..it had to make a correction sometime..

it is but it isn't, obviously everything you said is true, but we've all known this was coming and have hopefully taken steps to prepare ourselves for the worst, this is about waking people up

Oyate
02-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Why do you all want the stock market to crash?

Huh? Why does the Fed want to destroy all value in our currency? That's the question to ask.

Talk about shooting the messengers.

luvthedoc08
02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Needs no explanation. Fed cuts rates, credit eases, Wall Street gets a little bump, USD takes a hit, it splashes back on Wall Street, markets tumble, gold takes a temporary hit as people are forced to sell hard assets to cover margins and shorts.

i'm just trying to plug my thread, i feel like it's being avoided when i know alot of you would be really interested in the videos.

Oyate
02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
...I'm starting to understand how the great depression occurred, by our government playing with the markets in these stupid ways.

Ah no. You still don't get it. The last one was engineered by the Fed and it's European counterparts just like this one is.

hummtide
02-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Im literally praying for a 3700 point drop to happen... stupid American people deserve this coming DEPRESSION

rodo1776
02-05-2008, 06:32 PM
the fed wants to help and support it's Friends in wall street. The market will continue to go down and test it's lows and then either go up if it has support or continue to decline.
Best to be in cash (or short) until it tests the lows and then if it bounces off 1300 or so S+P buy in and maybe it will go up.
Almost all 401Ks and IRAs are fucked if we don't get the good Doctor in office.

DrCap
02-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Ah no. You still don't get it. The last one was engineered by the Fed and it's European counterparts just like this one is.

See it wasn't on purpose, at least not the first time, I think the fed actually really was trying to save the economy and the government was really trying to save the country from a recession, but they just made it horribly worse. I guess I've always thought someone was smart enough to understand this and so would not do it again. Rothbard of course did a lot of great work on the governments' ability to maintain a depression for many years. Now I feel like I'm living in history watching my government do exactly the same stupid stuff they did in the 1920's, including this b.s. helicopter rebate checks for us and the fed's moronic moves recently.

Oyate
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
the fed wants to help and support it's Friends in wall street. The market will continue to go down and test it's lows and then either go up if it has support or continue to decline.
Best to be in cash (or short) until it tests the lows and then if it bounces off 1300 or so S+P buy in and maybe it will go up.
Almost all 401Ks and IRAs are fucked if we don't get the good Doctor in office.

Markets are too unstable for me to get involved in shorts. Keeping money in USD cash is cutting your wrists. EU or CAD is a good place to keep cash right now. Look into an account with HSBC bank. I also know people who are looking at the bond market. In Australia that is.

Oyate
02-05-2008, 06:38 PM
See it wasn't on purpose, at least not the first time, I think the fed actually really was trying to save the economy and the government was really trying to save the country from a recession, but they just made it horribly worse. I guess I've always thought someone was smart enough to understand this and so would not do it again. (snip)

I don't believe you understand what the Fed is, who owns it and what it's history is.

Required movie watching:
1. The Money Masters by Bill Still
2. Fiat Empire by Griffin

Oyate
02-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm amazed at how many of us still don't understand our basic observations on the Fed and it's malicious role in American history. How our founding fathers from Adams and Jefferson to Jackson fought long and hard against this very entity, these same interests in our nation's development. Until you understand this, you don't even know who or what we're fighting.

And that's not an insult or a judgment. It's just simple fact.

Richandler
02-05-2008, 06:48 PM
No one wants the market to crash contrary to what a lot of people think Ron Paul supporters want. Ron Paul supporters KNOW the market will crash and no one tends to believe us.

Time for Change
02-05-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=60041

Interesting...

attackkatt
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Markets are too unstable for me to get involved in shorts. Keeping money in USD cash is cutting your wrists. EU or CAD is a good place to keep cash right now. Look into an account with HSBC bank. I also know people who are looking at the bond market. In Australia that is.

I'm just a working stiff that finally has 70k in cash. Do I blow this on hookers or get some EU. I just don't trust anyone, were do I go to just exchange my cash for EU?:confused:

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-05-2008, 06:53 PM

Should go to gold asap.

mavtek
02-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Sold around $3k in index funds this morning before the real drop. Now I only have $2200 in the market! :) Yea for me!

freelance
02-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Most didn't hear about it because of the bread and circus known as Super Tuesday.

krott5333
02-05-2008, 07:00 PM

I dont own anything anyway, except a bunch of debt. If it takes something like this for people to wake up, so be it.

wgadget
02-05-2008, 07:01 PM
And then there's THIS:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080205/tbs-security-usa-threats-7318940.html

LBT
02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
It's happening regardless. If this is the thing that wakes people up, then I'm for it. Nothing we can do can STOP it.
I remember hoping that 9/11 would wake Americans up, instead most of them became twice and stupid and crazy as they were before.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope that a market crash will get the mainstream interested in Austrian Economics. The Great Depression led to 10+ years of the most ludicrous economic policies the country has ever seen.:(

tomveil
02-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I remember hoping that 9/11 would wake Americans up, instead most of them became twice and stupid and crazy as they were before.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope that a market crash will get the mainstream interested in Austrian Economics. The Great Depression led to 10+ years of the most ludicrous economic policies the country has ever seen.:(

Well, I'm used to being terribly dissapointed by the American People :)

asheville4paul
02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Wanna make some money? Buy puts that don't expire for a while.

Geronimo
02-05-2008, 07:25 PM

At least you have one.

voytechs
02-05-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm just a working stiff that finally has 70k in cash. Do I blow this on hookers or get some EU. I just don't trust anyone, were do I go to just exchange my cash for EU?:confused:

Every bank can exchange it for you. The foreign currency will be shipped to the branch and you can pick it up.

Myerz
02-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Come on CRASH!

My Gold is going up!

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Sorry I've already abadoned ship, it's not my money any more crashing... though I am still working in this country right now so... I;ll still be screwed. I used to think a recession was going to come, but now I am more scared of a recurrent depression, and I'm starting to understand how the great depression occurred, by our government playing with the markets in these stupid ways. We are not supposed to be in the recession yet, most folks haven't even figured out their homes are loosing value, haven't figured out they are loosing their jobs soon, haven't figured out their dollar is crashing, and that the CDO's are all worthless pieces of paper (not value backed loans) and they haven't found out their government is bankrupt- this is really going to be bad when the merde hits the fan.

QFT.

This isn't going to be a wake-up call. This is going to be a "kill you in your sleep" event, IMO.

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I dont own anything anyway, except a bunch of debt. If it takes something like this for people to wake up, so be it.

Same here. Student loans are the biggest crock 'o shit. Of course, I own assets and even some gold, but my net is negative.

There was a time when it wasn't necessary to put yourself 20,000+ dollars in the whole just to get a piece of paper, just so you can be a part of the "middle class" and suffer the inflation tax.

I swear there was. There must have been...

Corydoras
02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I just don't trust anyone, were do I go to just exchange my cash for EU?

Here's where I'm seriously considering getting into foreign currency myself.
http://www.everbank.com/001WorldCurrency.aspx

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 07:56 PM
And then there's THIS:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080205/tbs-security-usa-threats-7318940.html

YES!!

It's been in the works for ages. Our politicians are too daft to see their ineptitude is dangerous for our national security (I don't buy the conspiracy theories, which imply that hundreds of---I think---not too bright politicians are somehow in collusion with knowledge of Keynesian economics' inevitabilities).

But you can bet that our "enemies" are keenly aware of our financial straits and how to exploit them to our demise.

The dollar depends on oil, and our ability to back it up with warfare. Without that, the world wakes up and realizes that it's getting a bum deal:

We give them devaluing pieces of paper, and they feed us for it!!

Not too much longer though. Perfect storm.