PDA

View Full Version : Jim Condit on WHO Radio Now - vote fraud

Dave
08-08-2007, 08:10 AM
www.whoradio.com (http://www.whoradio.com)

Listen in if you're interested in the vote fraud thing. Now!!

This is the guy who's leading the fight against the Diebold machines. There's talk of a lawsuit against the Iowa GOP.

Dave
08-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Bob Schultz from We The People is on now, too.

Dave
08-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Chuck Laudner from Iowa GOP coming on after commercial...

Dave
08-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Now Tancredo's Iowa chief is on saying he's not worried about vote fraud and making fun of the RP campaign for scaring people about this.

It's getting kind of heated.

I don't think this is helping us. I was afraid of this.

rajibo
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm listening to this on the internet. This guy is not a good representative for Ron Paul. Very Bad.

rp4prez
08-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Voting machines without a paper trail is one of the dumbest things IMHO. ;)

jj111
08-08-2007, 09:01 AM
I am emailing Mickelson with thanks for this discussion, and encouraging more in the future about voter fraud potential.

mickelson@netins.net

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 09:02 AM
This made us look like the kooks that they have been claiming we are. Condit sounded agitated and did not come across well. He should not have mentioned Ron Paul's name. Condit needs to go volunteer for another campaign. I am mad as hell at him, right now!

THIS DID NO GOOD FOR OUR CAMPAIGN and in fact, did us harm.

I am sick to my stomach, right now.

I certainly hope someone from the RP campaign gets on this interview, ASAP. I have already contacted the campaign about this.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Now Tancredo's Iowa chief is on saying he's not worried about vote fraud and making fun of the RP campaign for scaring people about this.

It's getting kind of heated.

I don't think this is helping us. I was afraid of this.

Is Mickelson on for another hour?

Dave
08-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Ron Paul has now been linked with an attack and lawsuit against the Iowa GOP 72 hours before the Ames Straw Poll. I'm sure as news of this spreads that everyone in the Iowa GOP will be excited to get out and vote for Ron Paul and that we'll feel really welcome up in Ames.

Use your heads, people. If you want to promote fair elections, that's great - really. But don't attach Ron Paul's name to it. You've now done more harm than good. I hope Ron Paul has something to say about this.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Is Mickelson on for another hour?

This jackass, Condit, did more harm to us than 3 hours of commercials could overcome.

I'm mad as hell.

Ninja Homer
08-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I emailed a thank you and sent this link: http://www.nationalexpositor.com/index.php?news=231

I don't think it did any harm to the campaign. However, he would have been much more productive if he didn't say he supported Ron Paul. They managed to flip the issue away a little from "vote fraud" to "Ron Paul supporters are trying to make them look bad."

The question people should be asking is why Romney isn't asking for a manual paper count done in the public eye.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 09:09 AM
You are wrong, Ninja. This is HORRIBLE!! The campaign needs to get on here and distance themselves from Condit and they need to do it NOW.

jj111
08-08-2007, 09:10 AM
I did not attach my name to it, nor did the campaign. But I think that voter verification issues are reasonable issues to discuss. Conduit does not represent RP or his national campaign. He could have emphasized that a bit more, but I personally am all for an aggressive program to address voter verification issues. I am not suing anybody, but I think that overall covering this issue on the radio is good for the nation. But it should be clear that Conduit does not represent RP. He never said he did, but he did say he supports RP.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 09:13 AM
PERCEPTION is EVERYTHING. The perception was that the campaign was sending out emails to old ladies and scaring them about voter fraud. Which is NOT true... this emails were coming from supporters. And Tancredo's rep and the IOWA GOP rep. did quite a fine job of reinforcing the perception that all this was coming from the Ron Paul campaign. Not only that, but that most of RP's support came from out-of-town. Just dandy!

PLEASE people, if you feel that you must contact people about voter fraud, PLEASE do not mention Ron Paul's name. NOT ONCE.

specsaregood
08-08-2007, 09:18 AM
//

jj111
08-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Certainly that charge was made by the GOP - in a sneaky way, he had "heard" that someone had received a letter about voter fraud by RP campaign. That is a falsehood that needs to be clarified on Mickelson's show.

USPatriot36
08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
The national campaing really must distance themselves from him. Some would argue he is an idiot. But maybe he is intentionally trying to hurt the campaign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

An agent provocateur is a person who secretly disrupts a group's activities from within the group. Agents provocateurs typically represent the interests of another group, or are agents directly assigned to provoke unrest, violence, debate, or argument by or within a group while acting as a member of the group.

Agents provocateurs are also used against political opponents. Provocateurs deliberately carry out or seek to incite counter-productive and/or ineffective acts, in order to foster public disdain for the group.

Ninja Homer
08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
You are wrong, Ninja. This is HORRIBLE!! The campaign needs to get on here and distance themselves from Condit and they need to do it NOW.

I disagree, the glass is half full. :D

Seriously, think of the positive outcomes that could result from this:

Stories about the possibility of vote fraud come out in Iowa, bringing that possibility to the attention of everybody who participates in the straw poll.
The Ron Paul campaign comes out that they have decided to flip the bill for counting the votes manually, to provide a fair election for the people of Iowa and make sure every person's vote is counted, and gets a lot of positive press for doing this. The other candidates end up looking like asses because they didn't contribute.
Because the Iowa Straw Poll sets the bar for all the other straw polls that follow it, manual vote counting is used for those as well.
The trend continues to the primaries and then to all elections.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, and if we hand-counted the votes and came out in roughly the same position as the voting machines indicated, we would look like crazed fools.

By the way, do you have the $184K that it will cost to do the manual count? Because that money represents one hell of a lot of advertising that we could do.

ghemminger
08-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't know if I should say this....but I know for a fact that...some of these very aggressive RP supporters...have a little tipsy problem....

I think it explains some of the irrational behavior on the conference calls and this incedent. I did not hear the interveiw....just thought it might explain some things...don't know how I could fix it.:)

ARealConservative
08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm so sick of people propping up their own pet issues in this campaign.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Well, at least Jan Mickelson did a fairly good job of smoothing it all over.

ThePieSwindler
08-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, at least Jan Mickelson did a fairly good job of smoothing it all over.

What did he say?

Ninja Homer
08-08-2007, 10:05 AM
By the way, do you have the $184K that it will cost to do the manual count? Because that money represents one hell of a lot of advertising that we could do.

But... the $184K could result in $millions of free press.

Highmesa
08-08-2007, 10:08 AM

Or...if no fraud was found, it would absolutely mean the end of the campaign.

We are already painted as finge, we need to dispell that, not extend it.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 10:12 AM

Yes. All negative, if the manual count does nothing but confirm the scanner totals.

G-khan
08-08-2007, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't worry about it as most people do not like the voting machines or trust them. They may be real happy someone is making a stink about it. I did not hear it so I may be way off base?

All this is side issue stuff and we need to just keep promoting the good Dr. as this stuff will only get worse if he does well..

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Man, now Mickelson is hanging Romney out to dry on his flip-flopping on abortion. I love it. :)

rich34
08-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Does anyone out in Iowa think that it's possible that Jan will give the good Dr. an endorsement tomorrow when he interviews Ron Paul on his show?

Ninja Homer
08-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes. All negative, if the manual count does nothing but confirm the scanner totals.

Sorry, I went back and re-read what I wrote and it wasn't clear enough. When I said, "flip the bill for counting the votes manually", I meant paying for it ahead of time so that they can count the paper ballots manually from the start, thereby skipping the whole issue of possible fraud with the electric scanners.

If there is a lot of press on "possible vote fraud" tomorrow, and it is a genuine concern for Iowans involved in the straw poll, then it could be a good move for the Ron Paul campaign to spend the money for a manual count. It would solve the problem and get positive press.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you've said, I'm just trying to show that there is a positive way that this could be used.

PS - Mickelson has done a good job in distancing Condit from Ron Paul: "he's kind of nuts about this" ... "he has an agenda" ... "Ron Paul doesn't know about this" ... "he's not part of the campaign"
I don't think it's nearly as negative as it could have been.

Lord Xar
08-08-2007, 10:53 AM
First off, I personally do not see much of an issue.

I mean, you think Iowans are at home and all of a sudden they "oh my, how dare he say the IOWA GOP is not counting correctly.... that man did have some good points...." -- Plus, when Ron Paul goes on there tomorrow, he'll talk about it. These diebold machines and their shoddy behaviour are not new to the Iowans. We are all very hyper critical about anything regarding Ron Paul. He is like our newborn child and everytime something comes close to bumping into him we get worked up.... I do too. But when I listen to talk radio and these kinds of people come on, I don't dismiss them - I figure if the host has them on, there is some legitimacy to what they are saying...

I did not listen to the show, so perhaps it came off a little sketchy -- but I don't think it did much damage... I mean, that little hitpiece they did in the desmoines about his wanting amnesty is MUCH more damaging, IMHO than this..

But not only that, people who listen to Jan Michelson are already probably very informed listeners anyways... its not like they are your normal "mom and pop" sitting watching t.v listening to the radio.

Jim's pet project is voter fraud, but its a HUGE pet peeve and one worthy of attention. Now, we ALL are concerned about this... and rightly so. The only issue I see is that Ron Paul might be associated to this by proxy but i don't think its much of an issue personally. Tomorrow will come and Ron Paul will talk about it.

rich34
08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Xar, do you think we can get an endorsement out of Mickelson?

On the surface he seems very pro Ron Paul.

Bro.Butch
08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
PURE INSANITY-For RP to pay for this, $184,000 is a large % of the RP campaign. That's pocket change for Romney. All you that want it, need to come up with the bucks out of your pocket !

Ron Paul should have done like McCain, Ghouliani,& F. Thompson did and not even have entered this scam !

Before this week he had been in Iowa 2 times. They will have spent well over $100,000 on this "straw poll" that is just a scheme to put money in the IA GOP bank account and line the pockets of their officials. As reported GOP opponents have spent weeks campaigning all over Iowa. Now with this last minute blitz of the official RP campaign in Iowa, some RP supporters actually think RP will win ! They are dreaming, if the voting had been legal RP would have been fortunate to finish sixth in this straw poll (he is ninth in current polling)! Now with this news of the easily manipulated voting machines, Dr. Paul may finish tenth !

Dr. Paul could have saved this money for the Jan. caucus that is for real and people actually stand up and are counted individually and delegates start to be selected. The process is open for everyone to see and the RP supporters in each caucus location can count the totals and call in the totals to a central location. We will have an accurate count in Jan. With these machines, you and I both know they can be rigged to say anything.

Remember !!!: This straw poll is a NON-BINDING vote buying scam to enrich the IA GOP and their officials !!!!!!!

And we all know Romney has the funds to buy off these voting machine people just like he pays people to show up and demonstrate for him. He has five bus loads of people lined up out of Davenport alone for the straw poll. I've said it before he is one of the slickest politician I've ever seen. He is attempting to buy off this nomination. If Romney doen't have the machines rigged, do you really think some others haven't been tempted to do so ?!? The way some of these TV stations are pushing "rat teeth" Huckebee, I look for him perhaps to make a move since these machines are being used !

If you can, it is important to donate whatever you can right now, (not next week) to help offset the expenses of this Iowa blitz. Go listen to the radio ads and see the tv commercial. It's costing alot to put these on the air. Please be as generous as you can. Show Dr. Paul you are behind him, no matter how this turns out. THX

***PURE INSANITY to use RP campaign funds for voter verification or recount in this scam straw poll. If we get swamped, just mark it up to experience and we can start working on not allowing these crooked machines to be used in any '08 primaries that ACTUALLY count toward the nomination. This straw poll is useless with McCain, Ghouliani & F.Thompson skipping it, and think how much money they have saved by bypassing the scam.***

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNVr6JjiCYk
Follow the Money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OC_C...elated&search=
Got 5 bucks? No! Kiss Ron Paul Goodbye

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/
Donate Now to Dr. Paul's Campaign

Ninja Homer
08-08-2007, 11:47 AM
A little while back, Mickelson was talking about Ron Paul's Statement of Faith (http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm) (somebody put it on his car while he was in church). He was very impressed with it. He said that while he didn't endorse anybody, he endorsed what Ron Paul wrote. That's probably as close as he'll get. It's probably in his best interest not to endorse anybody and to stay neutral, and it may even be in his contract.

Ninja Homer
08-08-2007, 12:07 PM
PURE INSANITY-For RP to pay for this, $184,000 is a large % of the RP campaign. That's pocket change for Romney. All you that want it, need to come up with the bucks out of your pocket !

I agree, it would be insanity for Ron Paul to pay for this, unless it generated a lot of free positive press. That's the only valid reason I could see for spending $184K on it. If all the other candidates chip in, or even just the "2nd tier" ones, it may be worth it.

The straw poll is a fundraising scheme, but it generates real press that Ron Paul's funds could never afford. I think the campaign will get a lot more out of it than the amount that was put into it, and that's really what it's all about.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 12:32 PM

I TOTALLY agree.

Man from La Mancha
08-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I agree, it would be insanity for Ron Paul to pay for this, unless it generated a lot of free positive press. That's the only valid reason I could see for spending $184K on it. If all the other candidates chip in, or even just the "2nd tier" ones, it may be worth it.

The straw poll is a fundraising scheme, but it generates real press that Ron Paul's funds could never afford. I think the campaign will get a lot more out of it than the amount that was put into it, and that's really what it's all about.

I also agree they should not pay into this extortion because if in this rare example it is fixed to be accurate it would deflate any future vote fraud discussions. But it is handy for an outsider like Condit to raise the issue since HQ can say he's not one of theirs. As Ron has said about his supporters they they supporting his views and he is not supporting theirs.

After reading all the post now on this subject I'm up in the air about Ron paying for it. I don't know if it is good or bad. Edit added

shrugged0106
08-08-2007, 03:21 PM
This is just rich! WTF? So now it's supposidly Ron Paul supporters that are up to "hanky Panky" with the polls? sheesh

http://www.iowavoice.com/2007/08/08/straw-poll-fraud-proof

http://www.iowavoice.com/2007/08/08/seems-like-everyone-is-getting-traction-in-iowa

here are some gems from those posts for you to enjoy..

"And if Ron Paul somehow makes a decent showing, legitimately (meaning, no hanky-panky, Pauliacs!), then I will eat a big, fat plate of crow for everything I’ve said about him and for calling him…well, everything I’ve called him (lunatic, dangerous, kook, etc). Somehow, I think I’m safe.'

"I mentioned in passing in an earlier post about possible “hanky-panky” by the Ron Paul supporters (I’ve seen a couple of their “ideas”, so it is a legitimate concern). Seems that the Iowa GOP is taking it seriously, as I just received this via email:"

Dave
08-08-2007, 03:37 PM
The podcast is up now:

http://www.mickelson.libsyn.com/

BIG_J
08-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Hanky Panky for Ron Paul? Hop to it everyone who are consenting adults!!!

FreedomLover
08-08-2007, 03:40 PM
1. I thought "hanky-panky" was slang for sex?

2. That guy mentioned that winning honorably means to not buy votes. Uuummmm....that's the whole point of the straw poll! Does he know what he's talking about?

Also, you guys should calm down a little about the diebold stuff. It has absolutely nothing to do with RP, and you can't prove anything at all. Just leave it for another time.

FreedomLover
08-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I’ll say this: if Ron Paul beats any of these guys (legitimately, no hanky-panky, buying votes, and whatnot)

Seriously, how else would he expect romney to win, by people actually liking him enough to pay 35$! O please, lol.

TexMac
08-08-2007, 03:59 PM
http://thecrossedpond.com/?p=1211