PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul.. sheep in wolf's clothing?

Bradley in DC
08-08-2007, 07:55 AM
http://community.myfoxcolorado.com/blogs/Abunai/2007/08/06/Ron_Paul_sheep_in_wolfs_clothing

Mesogen
08-08-2007, 08:16 AM
This guy is dumb. Not only that, he's ignorant.

Whatcha gonna do?

This new platform called "Non-interventionism" seems to be the tip of the campaign sword. Not to be confused with "Isolationism" which is the title blamed for America's sleeping at the wheel of defense.

I have issues with this new term. That it was ok to go to Afganistan as many considered that a war declaration, but not Iraq. This to me is a perfect display of tunnel vision, and the complete lack of any historical perspective to world powers striving to control a region that we depend on for our quality of life. Don't want to tap your own energy resources and get your hands dirty, then we had better take a crisper interest in the region that allows us this privlege. Iraq is not about Oil as much as its about competing with other industrial nations for the majority influence in the middle east. I think this part of foreign policy is being missed by all on the left and a few on the right.
There are so many things wrong with this, where to start?

Non-interventionism is new? Dum du dum dumb.

It was ok to go to Afghanistan because it was considered a war declaration. No it was never declared or considered declared. RP wanted to go the Constitutional route, but Congress didn't want to. I think this is the one time Dr. No couldn't be Dr. No.

And then the last part. The War in Iraq isn't about oil, but it's about competing with other countries for influence over the Middle East. Uh, for uh carpets and camels, I presume, but definitely not for oil resources.

Unfortunately, I think this guy and this type of thinking represents a very large portion of our voting population.

God help them. God help us.