View Full Version : Need Photoshop Help!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-08-2007, 07:34 AM
I'm no pro in Photoshop, and can't seem to find how to curve text. Not the warp feature -- it doesn't look quite right. I'm making a button art file and want to curve text around the outside. Help? Thanks!!!!!

08-08-2007, 08:07 AM
do you mean like this ?


if so, just highlight the text and select the "warp text" tool and select "arc" and then you can bend the text into a circular shape, bend it the other way for the bottom of the button.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-08-2007, 08:10 AM
I tried that but it doesn't arc perfectly all around for 180 degrees. Maybe I should try a different font. I'll play with it again. Thanks.

08-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Look here: http://webdesigninfo.wordpress.com/2007/07/26/photoshop-tutorial-text-along-a-path/

This only works if you have a new-ish version of photoshop though. I have 7.0 on my computer and it doesn't work.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-08-2007, 08:26 AM
I have 7.0. I think I can get the warp to work. Thanks for your help, you guys!

08-08-2007, 08:39 AM
i'd suggest you try doing the text on illustrator, if you have it. just import whatever images you may have and then place the text with illustrator. you'll get 100% better results. besides, you'd rather have crisp vector text than grainy text, right?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't have illustrator. The problem with warp is that it won't perfectly circle. I may just do something different. I do appreciate the help.

08-11-2007, 01:45 AM
If you can, either go into paint, or try to draw and scan and show me, or explain to me exactly what it is that you are trying to do. I can probably either step you through it, or I can warp the text for you and send it to you in a .psd file. It shouldn't be hard to warp it that way though. Don't give up, the beauty of Photoshop is working through problems like these. I am willing to help you get that done. Granted, I have the newest version of Photoshop, but even then, you can do everything else except the text, and I can just send you that layer rasterized so you can just work on top of it.


Oh and by the way Santa, I think your wrong.

I was under the impression that all text in Photoshop was vector. If you highlight any of the text layers before they are rasterized, you can use the shortcut ctrl + t to do a free transform, and whichever way you resize the type it does not lose quality.

Also I work with vector graphics quite a bit with Photoshop. Adobe Illustrator is more so for people that are hardcore vector graphics people (even someone like me is skeptical of learning it).

But yeah Photoshop uses vector graphics, if you would care to submit any documentation or somewhere that says that Photoshop doesn't use vector graphics, I would really like to hear it. I'm almost 100% sure I'm right, especially with things like custom shapes and the pen tool. I have a couple of .psd files I can alter at will without changing the quality that say your wrong though.