PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Blitzer says!

amistybleu
02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
McCain and Huckabee people joined together to defeat Mitt Romney.

tekmo
02-05-2008, 03:25 PM
one down, 2 to go.

Bruce4Ron
02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
McCain and Huckabee people joined together to defeat Mitt Romney.

What a lie and a twist

Everyone email Wolf Blister and tell him that it was Ron Paul who walked away with the 3 national delegates. NOT MCCAIN

So who exactly worked together on this one ?????

Read the comments on bullet #5
http://www.wsaz.com/political/misc/15267036.html

amistybleu
02-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Well it is true and in the second round when paul was out Paul's camp wheeled a deal for 3 delegates. woot :D

Doriath
02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
From what I've read it sounds like McCain's folks also threw their support to Huck. I would bet that no more than 9 of those alleged 18 Huck delegates are actually Huck's. Probably more like 9 Huck, 6 McForeverWar, 3 RP. But that's just a guess.

PennCustom4RP
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
They are still saying right now on CNN, @ 340 Cst...that WV is winner take all, and that the Huckster got them all...no talk of deal with RP, and his getting 3...
They talk of the wheel n deal of McCains ppl, throwing in with the Huckster to beat Romney, but no talk of RP. or any dealing with him....

freedom-maniac
02-05-2008, 04:13 PM
This needs to be figured out...Perhaps it's winner take all, but the winner can give delegates to other candidates? I dunno.

Doriath
02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
This needs to be figured out...Perhaps it's winner take all, but the winner can give delegates to other candidates? I dunno.

Weigel @ Reason has some details...

http://reason.com/blog/show/124817.html

freedom-maniac
02-05-2008, 05:17 PM
It was a gentleman's agreement...

Wow, hard to believe anyone still believed in those these days.

raiha
02-05-2008, 05:19 PM
They are still saying right now on CNN, @ 340 Cst...that WV is winner take all, and that the Huckster got them all...no talk of deal with RP, and his getting 3...
They talk of the wheel n deal of McCains ppl, throwing in with the Huckster to beat Romney, but no talk of RP. or any dealing with him....

Huckabee is agreeing he has won 18 delegates.
Horrible man! I don't know who i hate most!!!

Doriath
02-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Technically, I believe Huck is right. I'm pretty sure those 18 delegates are bound by rule to vote for Huck on the first ballot.

Original_Intent
02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I was wondering - the three delegates that we got - they are still bound to vote for Huckabee in the first round of the national convention, right? It would only be in later rounds that the three replacement delegates could vote for Paul.

Right?

freedom-maniac
02-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Technically, I believe Huck is right. I'm pretty sure those 18 delegates are bound by rule to vote for Huck on the first ballot.

No, those delegates resigned their position after pointing. Since this happened, Huckabee has the right to fill in the spots with whoever he wants. So there in comes the 3 Paulites.

Doriath
02-05-2008, 05:28 PM
No, those delegates resigned their position after pointing. Since this happened, Huckabee has the right to fill in the spots with whoever he wants. So there in comes the 3 Paulites.

Right. But I believe the WV GOP rules bind the delegates to the convention winner -- Huck -- for the first round. I could be wrong, but that's how I interpret this:

http://www.republicansource.com/states/westvirginia.htm

Original_Intent
02-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I was wondering - the three delegates that we got - they are still bound to vote for Huckabee in the first round of the national convention, right? It would only be in later rounds that the three replacement delegates could vote for Paul.

Right?

I still believe those three are bound to Huckabee for the first round of voting at the national convention.

But since they are Ron Paul delegates, they could (and would) vote for Ron Paul in later rounds. Since everything we are doing is depending on it oging to those later rounds of voting, this was a smart move.

hrdman2luv
02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
What a lie and a twist

Everyone email Wolf Blister and tell him that it was Ron Paul who walked away with the 3 national delegates. NOT MCCAIN

So who exactly worked together on this one ?????

Read the comments on bullet #5
http://www.wsaz.com/political/misc/15267036.html

Wolf or CNN doesn't pay any attention to any emails with Ron Paul in the subject line. I think their computers are set to reject anything with Ron Paul in the email. You can easily set your email to block all emails with any word.

Just a note: CNN is still saying that Ron Paul came in 3rd in maine.
I'm down to just watching MSNBC. And even they tick me off because of the lack of Ron Paul. Tucker does try to mention him from time to time. And olbermann mentioned earlier today that the Ron Paul supporters in W. Virginia banned together for Huckleberry after Ron Paul was eliminated. I don'y like Huck, but I don't like Romney or McCain even more.

bbachtung
02-05-2008, 05:31 PM
They are NOT bound to Huckabee if he releases them. He will have to release the three and then they will NOT be bound to Huckabee.

freedom-maniac
02-05-2008, 05:39 PM
They are NOT bound to Huckabee if he releases them. He will have to release the three and then they will NOT be bound to Huckabee.

Release the hounds...err...delegates. It's better to have them vote for Huck in the first round since he won't win anyways.