PDA

View Full Version : Update on why my party change request was denied.

Starks
02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm still rather pissed that my party change request had been apparently damaged in the mail back in November. Because of this, my local Board of Elections was unable to validate my request. To make things worse, they never contacted me about it until I spoke with them today after learning I was still technically registered "Democrat" rather than "Republican" (I took a nice cold shower after I sent the letter) as I indicated on the form.

What should I do now?

(BTW, I found out my registration here: http://mdelections.umbc.edu/voter_registration/v2/vote_prod.php)

KewlRonduderules
02-05-2008, 03:21 PM
tell them to give you a provisional ballot because you want to contest that.

Joe3113
02-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Yet another reason for an independent run.

Richie
02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm glad you made use of the link I sent you. :p

I'm a Marylander as well, and an election judge. There's nothing you can do. If you go to the polls next week and demand voting with a Republican ballot, they'll send you over to the Provisional Voting table. They will NOT count your ballot if you are a registered Democrat. The only reason they'll let you fill out a Provisional Ballot is because it's illegal to tell somebody they can't vote, even if they can't.

Starks
02-05-2008, 03:26 PM
If I fill out a meaningless provisional ballot, doesn't that mean I forfeit my right to vote for Obama (for lulz)?

Joe3113
02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
If I fill out a meaningless provisional ballot, doesn't that mean I forfeit my right vote for Obama (for lulz)?

We need Hilary to win. DO NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA.

pacelli
02-05-2008, 03:30 PM
At this point the best thing you can do is to start canvassing the Univ of MD and keep calling into radio shows.

Richie
02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
If I fill out a meaningless provisional ballot, doesn't that mean I forfeit my right to vote for Obama (for lulz)?

Yes.

Starks
02-05-2008, 03:40 PM
So, if I fill out the GOP provisional ballot, I have zero chance at my vote being counted?

But if I write-in Ron or vote Obama (my second choice) on the Dem ballot, my vote will be counted. Right?

werdd
02-05-2008, 03:42 PM
hey you if you absolutely cannot vote for paul, just vote for hillary :P. Luckily i live in texas where i can be registered indy.