PDA

View Full Version : End the War to Improve Economy?

Opiner
02-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I think it could be damaging to the doctor’s image if he always relate the war to financial matters. Repeatedly saying the reason to stop the war because of the negative financial impact could turnoff many people. People dying is much more important that money. :o

rollingpig
02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
the good doctor speaks the truth!

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
The occupation of Iraq costs $150 billion a year alone. Interestingly, that's also the price tag of the stimulus package. Want a stimulus package every year? End the occupation!

acptulsa
02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
People dying is indeed more important than money. Important enough, in fact, that about three quarters of the U.S. population want us out. Important enough, in fact, that a pro-war candidate is highly unlikely to win. So, no, no one here thinks he should give any half-informed member of the populace a chance to paint him as just another G.O.P. warhawk--especially those few Republican primary voters who actually want the party to win the general election.

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 03:54 PM
about three quarters of the U.S. population want us out.

Not to nitpick, but according to a recent poll it's closer to five-eighths. 90% of Democrats, 66% of independents, and 32% of Republicans want withdrawal within a year.

http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm (It's the LA Times one.)

Just thought the most recent numbers would be useful. :)

jkm1864
02-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Not according to the powers that be... They have no respect for our lives or our money its theirs to throw away as they wish. I wish America would wake up.

mconder
02-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it could be damaging to the doctor’s image if he always relate the war to financial matters. Repeatedly saying the reason to stop the war because of the negative financial impact could turnoff many people. People dying is much more important that money. :o

The economic losses will have a far greater impact on the average American, even if we'd all like to think the 4000 or so American lives lost is of greater consequence. I'm not saying this to diminish the loss of life in anyway. I'm just saying the coming economic apocalypse is going to have a direct affect on all of us.