PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another "I THINK I KNOW" the strategy thread

rdenner
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Well the WV caucus has re-affirmed my long held belief in the Ron Paul strategy. Hear me out and tell me if you think I'm crazy.

I have no proof whatsover if any of this is true. I am going by gut feeling and the ENDLESS HOURS I spend pouring over Ron Paul stuff here and everywhere else. So here is the strategy they are pursuing.

* First off, the Ron Paul camp KNOWS they can't win in a straight up fight with any of the front runners. This has been evident since the begining. But Ron Paul PROMISED us that he would fight for the nomination and not just "make a statement". They were dealt a crappy ass hand from the get go. We had no name recognition, very little money and no MSM coverage.

* After the 3rd quarter results I think they realized that they had a real shot at winning this. It was just going to take a new strategy. I think they have been covertly spending money on other candidates. With the yo-yo effect or Whack a mole if you will, of one candidate after another POPPING to the top and getting whacked down by the media, I started thinking that this might be a great job of media manipulation by supporters of Ron Paul.

* The only way Ron Paul wins is WITH TIME. And the time from the 3rd quarter till Super Tuesday was just too short. Our support is growing STEADILY but unfourtunatly it's SLOW. If the strategy was to make sure that NO ONE was able to secure the nomination by Super Tuesday and force this thing all the way to the convention. THAT WOULD BE the only way Ron Paul could win the nomination.

Wouldn't it just be beyond hilarious if the John McCain RESURGANCE was a mass media manipulation by forces loyal to Ron Paul? And just as he thinks he's poised for a Super Tuesday sweep, we turn everything around on him and throw our Caucus support behind Huckabee(where appropirate) and behind Romney (where appropriate) and to win OUTRIGHT those states that are winable(Like Alaska/Colorado, etc).

I know many will think this is just me trying to find Intelegent Design where there is none. But i just sit and wonder WHERE DID ALL THAT MONEY GO?? And what about the Millionaire threads?? What if the millionaire is buying ad time for the other guys in the guise of good old fashioned "special interests?"...

Let the flames begin

:)

I won't take it personal I promise.

Robert

dvictr
02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
McCain vs Hillary and Ron Paul wins in NOVEMBER

hillertexas
02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Robert...I like it.

pappy
02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
We have conspiracy theories about what everyone else is doing. Why not.

mosquitobite
02-05-2008, 03:15 PM
McCain vs Hillary = Ron Paul win in NOVEMBER

I've said this from the beginning. Ron Paul can win as a third party with that ticket. The ONLY hurdle will be getting the polls to reflect that he can win. If people don't think he has a chance, too many will be voting for the "lesser" candidate in order to keep the other out.

LiveToWin
02-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Uhhhh....

Wouldn't it just be beyond hilarious if the John McCain RESURGANCE was a mass media manipulation by forces loyal to Ron Paul? And just as he thinks he's poised for a Super Tuesday sweep, we turn everything around on him and throw our Caucus support behind Huckabee(where appropirate) and behind Romney (where appropriate) and to win OUTRIGHT those states that are winable(Like Alaska/Colorado, etc).

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

NO

How do you expect us to win those states if we support huck and mit?? Boosting one candidate doesnt outright hurt others, it hurts the people who try it because they are the only ones losing people.

rdenner
02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
But if we weren't going to win there ANYWAY, why not make a strategic decision to prop up someone else to our own benefit.

It's a two tiered approach(I am now talking like it's true :) ).

Tier One is to make sure that no clear front runner emerges. Prop up whoever the flavor of the week is. First Huckabee, then Thompson , Then McCain, then Romney.

Tier Two is to grow the grassroots. This would be things like the Precinct captain projects and all the other grassroots organization stuff.

Just thinking.

Robert

LiveToWin
02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
If Ron cant win a state you vote for him there anyway. This is not a game.

pacelli
02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I agree that the best thing that we have on our side is time. I don't think the campaign has enough money to overcome the media blackout that will persist even if McCain, Huckabee, and Romney drop out.

I think it is completely ridiculous to seriously consider the campaign or anyone secretly connected with it throwing money into other people's ads. Our biggest problem has been electability. Spending cash on rival ads to secure 100,000+ more voters for the rival reduces our votes and reduces our ability to counter the electability problem.

dblee
02-05-2008, 03:22 PM
..... and now back to reality.

SilentBull
02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
I've said this from the beginning. Ron Paul can win as a third party with that ticket. The ONLY hurdle will be getting the polls to reflect that he can win. If people don't think he has a chance, too many will be voting for the "lesser" candidate in order to keep the other out.

I think with the precinct leader program, we can definitely win. We can have all the precincts covered by November.

Rebel Resource
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
It could be that there's no need to pump up other candidates, and the climate is already perfect for a brokered convention.

That would seem a lot more plausible.

rdenner
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
You are all MISSING THE BIGGER PICTURE!!!!

The point is to make sure we are able to be considered in a brokered convention and that requires only a certain amount of delegates and popular vote.

If we prop up others, it's for ONE reason and one reason only and that is to buy time for the Ron Paul message to grow organically.

Our only chance HAS ALWAYS been for a brokered convention and everything that the Ron Paul HQ has done, has been in preperation for this.

i was in a conversation with some GOP people last week. And was talking to them about how brokered conventions work.. And they were clueless. I asked them if Huckabee(one of the guys) and Romney(the other guy) were pursuing any kind of grassroots precinct level organization, and they both stared at me blankly.

They aren't doing it, and we are!! If this goes to the convention(which is the stated goal now) then it will be the candidate that QUALIFIES and has the grassroots support at the precinct level that wins..

Robert

acptulsa
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Someone needs to spend less time theorizing and more time at the phone bank. You think phone banks are free? Literature? Stamps? Hello?

I'll give you some little bit of credit. Hanging in while McCain shows his foot-in-mouth disease, Huckabee does the same, and more and more dirt comes out about Romney--and encouraging/releasing the same at the appropriate times--has been an evident strategy of both the campaign and us all along so as to keep the nomination up in the air until our message can overcome all resistance and sink in for the conventionally-minded. Sure. But if you think we're supporting other campaigns when all we need is to give each enough rope to hang themselves and pulling each knot at the appropriate time, you need help.

All these "where's the money gone" threads are too damned much. Just how cheap do you think this has been. A million stamps alone costs $410,000, people! How much do call centers in every major and medium city cost? We're talking from Honolulu to Martinique--didn't think of those two, did you? I think my favorite is the one suggesting we take our twenty million bucks and blanket the Super Bowl--as if that much money would buy even thirty seconds on that broadcast.

Come on. We have better things to do, don't we?

ziggrl
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Can I buy a delegate? Or two?

Phenom24
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I think my favorite is the one suggesting we take our twenty million bucks and blanket the Super Bowl--as if that much money would buy even thirty seconds on that broadcast.

Um, actually, a 30 second ad on average cost about $3 million this year, up from $2.7 million last year.

Just FYI.

jkm1864
02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I wonder whom went to the Caucus to prop Mc'Cain up I know I didn't. I hate that zombie broom up arse traitor. I wish other Americans would feel the same about that stiff. I think its more media manipulation to get a Hillary vs Mc'cain ticket.

Maltheus
02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
All these "where's the money gone" threads are too damned much. Just how cheap do you think this has been. A million stamps alone costs $410,000, people! How much do call centers in every major and medium city cost? We're talking from Honolulu to Martinique--didn't think of those two, did you? I think my favorite is the one suggesting we take our twenty million bucks and blanket the Super Bowl--as if that much money would buy even thirty seconds on that broadcast.

Yeah, I use to wonder about where the money was going too. After going through the numbers, it's clear that it is being spent and that we're practically broke. We'd be lucky to have even $5 million left. If we make it to a brokered convention, don't expect much (if any) spending between now and then. Only a third party bid has a chance at refilling the war chest at this point. Why would people donate now for anything less?

ErikBlack
02-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Never underestimate the power of denial...