PDA

View Full Version : voted, but did i f' up?

romeo2
02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
california ballots, san diego to be exact. my brother and i filled ours in no problem. i saw the section on top, the tear off section with the precinct number and everything. i was assuming that was our receipt or proof thing you get to take home.

i turned mine in, the lady took the ballot out of the privacy folder and slipped it in the ballot box. another lady took my brother's at the same time and did the same thing. then they said "wait, here's you guy's sticker" that had "i voted" on it. im thinking "wtf, weren't you supposed to give me the top portion" but i didnt know for sure.

there was a line forming behind us so i just asked what the precinct number was and they showed me it. i typed it on my phone. omg did i just f' up? if i did and those bastards should have given me the top portion, please send the word out so everybody knows. :confused:

romeo2
02-05-2008, 03:22 PM
bump, c'mon i know a lot of you guys voted already. i would like to know this please!!!!

WarningSLO
02-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah, you're supposed to tear that top part off before you drop it in the box. It's your receipt.

Cali4RonPaul
02-05-2008, 03:26 PM
They were supposed to give you your ballot stub, it was to be removed and retained by the voter, mine says No. 54

intelliot
02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
yes, you're supposed to keep the top portion as a receipt. the lady at my polling place here in los angeles tore it off and gave it to me before telling me to seal the envelope. mine's #7

limequat
02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
In MI they kept both the ballot and the top tear off part.