PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Book: Why April 30th Release Date?

phixion
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm curious.

At what stage will the elections be on this day?

Could this release date suggest anything in regards to a third party bid, or is it merely a book Ron wrote to compliment his presidential run and further the freedom movement, leaving himself a solid legacy.

Pete

Ex Post Facto
02-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I know North Carolina is one of the last states to vote and they do it in begining of May followed by Oregon. April 30th would be at the very end of the race that is for sure. Ron Paul has stated he will go as long as he has the support and people are willing to hear the message. I'm not sure if that means a 3rd party run or not.

Change
02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
He will be more effective if he stays in the Republican Party!

ArrestPoliticians
02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
i just hope the book is truly radical and revolutionary. Dr. Paul is not one to mince words, anyway.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-05-2008, 03:21 PM
i just hope the book is truly radical and revolutionary. Dr. Paul is not one to mince words, anyway.

i'm confident it'll meet this revolutionary's expectations

phixion
02-05-2008, 03:25 PM

Is that really true though?

I'm pretty sure people with money wouldn't mind lending financial support to Ron Paul as a 3rd party candidate against the other 2 nominated.

It would probably be a waste to throw millions at him while he's still trying to get the republican nomination...

I'm leaning toward the idea that this book is the spark for a 3rd party bid and would compliment the announcement of a third party run perfectly.

Pete

Ron Paul of Tarsus
02-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I can't wait to get it. I have it preordered!

walt
02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I've read a copy of the advance. It's OK, it's not outstanding. Like most things in this campaign the timing and execution has been horrid. This would have been *highly useful* in November when people got the buzz after the money bomb. Unless John Mccain has a heart attack before April 30th, this book is the right message at the wrong time.

The Lantern
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm curious.

At what stage will the elections be on this day?

Could this release date suggest anything in regards to a third party bid, or is it merely a book Ron wrote to compliment his presidential run and further the freedom movement, leaving himself a solid legacy.

Pete

Ron can send an autographed copy of his book to every delegate to the RNC. With a brokered convention delegates will be able to make an informed choice.

Sauron
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Walpurgisnacht. 63rd anniversary of the death of Hitler. Hail Satan!

slacker921
02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
"I know North Carolina is one of the last states to vote and they do it in beginning of May followed by Oregon. April 30th would be at the very end of the race that is for sure." .... the book will most likely be insignificant as far as the NC primary goes. The NC GOP is planning on not having Paul on the ballot at all.

notsure
02-05-2008, 04:55 PM

I may differ. I think he could get bipartisan support by running third party while shaking off the negative stigma that accompanies the Republican Party. If it's obvious that the Republican party is stupid enough to vote for a McCain and totally ignore the truely conservative Ron Paul, then the Party deserves to be punished. The R. Party says we have a fundamental difference on Foreign Policy. They believe in nation building and spreading democracy, sadly by any means. They do not share the values of the rest of us. Pauls own party as even tried to marginalize him. This is a 2 sided fight and it doesn't benefit us to have our message drowned out by the Republican mainstream. The party's only a hindrance and time is somewhat crucial. The republican party machine has been compromised. We cant afford to wait for the rest of the party to get behind the revolution. Just my opinion.

slantedview
02-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I've read a copy of the advance. It's OK, it's not outstanding. Like most things in this campaign the timing and execution has been horrid. This would have been *highly useful* in November when people got the buzz after the money bomb. Unless John Mccain has a heart attack before April 30th, this book is the right message at the wrong time.

is the book aimed at furthering a "movement"? i'm assuming that's what it's intended for.

walt
02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
is the book aimed at furthering a "movement"? i'm assuming that's what it's intended for.

It's really nothing new. It looks like a recording of this thoughts from September to November (likely because that is what it is).