PDA

View Full Version : AAACCKK!!!!!!! (Wikipedia Calls Ron Paul a RINO!)

BuddyRey
08-08-2007, 07:09 AM
See for yourself, under "More RINOs, according to various organizations."

I don't know who put that there, but RP is the Un-RINO!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_In_Name_Only#.22Accused.22_RINOs_and_RI NO_hunters

Bradley in DC
08-08-2007, 07:18 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_In_Name_Only#.22Accused.22_RINOs_and_RI NO_hunters

I think the whole entry is fair: some (ill-informed) do accuse Paul of being a RINO but the comments and explanation are great.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Scour the article.. remove negative things that don't have citations, "restructure" the ones that do, rinse, repeat lol

Akus
08-08-2007, 08:17 AM

If I said Earth is flat, that is a false statement.
If you say Earth is flat and then I say BuddyRey said Earth is flat, I made no false statements, you did say that.

All wiki's saying is that some groups consider RP a RINO. Big deal.

Swmorgan77
08-08-2007, 08:18 AM

Hmmm.... well the essence of the blurb seems to be that he's a RINO because he's TOO conservative to be a real republican.

LOL

That's the first time I've heard someone called a RINO for being TOO conservative!

freelance
08-08-2007, 08:50 AM
If you're talking TODAY'S Republican Party, he IS a RINO. If you're talking true Republican Party, the rest of them are RINOs.

jjschless
08-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Mitt Romney and Fred "That Dog don't Hunt" Thompson are on there too.

Interesting tangent: Fox News wants Fred in the Race, "Now", according to an exchange on the Hannity and the other guy show.

FluffyUnbound
08-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I corrected the article by adding the text:

Naturally the best example of a RINO is George W. Bush, whose record of exploding the deficit, passing massive new federal entitlements like the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit, interjecting the federal government into local education via the No Child Left Behind bill, and abusing the Constitution by signing the McCain-Feingold campaign finance legislation into law certainly indicates that he is not a legitimate Republican.

BuddyRey
08-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I corrected the article by adding the text:

Naturally the best example of a RINO is George W. Bush, whose record of exploding the deficit, passing massive new federal entitlements like the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit, interjecting the federal government into local education via the No Child Left Behind bill, and abusing the Constitution by signing the McCain-Feingold campaign finance legislation into law certainly indicates that he is not a legitimate Republican.

Hehehe! NICE!!! It won't last long with the Wiki-Police roaming about, but it still feels great to stick it to the man!

But can you explain the McCain-Feingold thing? I thought Bush HATED Campaign Finance Reform?

PennCustom4RP
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
If you're talking TODAY'S Republican Party, he IS a RINO. If you're talking true Republican Party, the rest of them are RINOs.

I would have to agree here.
If RP could run for his Congressional seat, and for PROTUS , as a Libertarian, with the same equity that the Dem and Rep parties have, I am sure he would.
Same for all of us who have to re-register as GOP(like me) to elect RP.
If that is what it takes, RINO it is.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Ron Paul, the strongest supporter of gun rights in congress, the guy who wants to end birthright citizenship, the guy who wants massive tax cuts and spending cuts, the guy who wants to dramatically reduce the number of federal departments and the size of the federal government itself, the guy who wants the U.S. out of the UN and didn't accept medicaid payments as a doctor is a frickin' RINO?!

obsolescence
02-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow, they have Jeff Flake on National Journal's list, too.

Congressmen Ron Paul and Jeff Flake are the two most economically conservative members of Congress...