PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it

Marshall
08-08-2007, 07:00 AM
I dropped my status as a libertarian for the first time so that I can vote in the republican primary. I feel kinda dirty, but I know it's for the best of causes :D

BuddyRey
08-08-2007, 07:05 AM
I hope it doesn't feel too icky, because I have to finally quit putting it off and do it this week too! :( ('cept I'm an Indie, not a Libertarian)

At least you can pretend that the R stands for Ron!

rockfree33
08-08-2007, 07:10 AM
You don't have to feel dirty at all. Republicans used to stand for liberty but the neocons took it over and have ruined it. Just think of yourself as an old school Republican.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
I used to be registered as a Republican, then got fed up and registered Libertarian, then with Ron Paul in the race, I just changed back to Republican.

I recall when I first registered as Libertarian that they gave me a funny look when I told them the party. It was as if they had never heard of it before.

All for the advancement of small Constitutional government

Badger Paul
08-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Switching back and forth, people do it all the time. Besides, just because you've registered for a party did that mean you voted for all their candidates all of the time? Of course not. Registering is just a way parties can get you on mailing lists to hit you up for money, nothing more.

jj111
08-08-2007, 10:11 AM
We are not "joining" the Republican Party, we are "taking over" the Republican Party and taking back the political process (or at least trying to)....

BuddyRey
08-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Switching back and forth, people do it all the time. Besides, just because you've registered for a party did that mean you voted for all their candidates all of the time? Of course not. Registering is just a way parties can get you on mailing lists to hit you up for money, nothing more.

It's true!!! When I donated 30 bucks to the Democratic Party about 6 months ago, I was suddenly flooded with mails from Greenpeace, The Sierra Club, and Amnesty International!!!

nullvalu
08-08-2007, 10:16 AM
We are not "joining" the Republican Party, we are "taking over" the Republican Party and taking back the political process (or at least trying to)....

lol or as the fellas at Ultimitt put it, we're "hijacking" the republican party.

i'd like to see it more as taking it back from the neocons.

brumans
08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
My state (Michigan) is an open primary.
Therefore, I do not need to register Republican to vote for for Ron Paul. Correct?

Also, what is the deadline for those in the closed primary state to register Republican?

FreedomLover
08-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Im proud to be a Ron paul Republican. The GOP of today isn't the GOP it used to be, neocon fundamentalists are the ones that have hijacked it from true small-government pro-liberty conservatives.

Let's bring integrity back to the Republican Party.

Sean
08-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Everyone should switch to Republican to take over the party. Just look at the Neocons. They were communist followers of Trosky and they were able to rise to rule the party even though they consisted of a small minority. There are only two parties in the US that matter so we might as well take over one of them.

Dary
08-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I did some research on the web and found that Michigan did have an open primary where anyone from any party could vote in the Republican Party primary.

However, just as I suspected, there was a bill in Michigan that passed recently to change it to a closed primary where only people who are registered Republican will be able to vote in the Republican primary.

The bill number is SB. 0625. It set the Primary date to Feb. 5th and closed it to anyone who isn’t registered Republican.

The best thing to do if you want to vote for Ron Paul in the Republican primary would be just to go down and change your registration to republican, and the sooner the better.

brumans
08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I did some research on the web and found that Michigan did have an open primary where anyone from any party could vote in the Republican Party primary.

However, just as I suspected, there was a bill in Michigan that passed recently to change it to a closed primary where only people who are registered Republican will be able to vote in the Republican primary.

The bill number is SB. 0625. It set the Primary date to Feb. 5th and closed it to anyone who isn’t registered Republican.

The best thing to do if you want to vote for Ron Paul in the Republican primary would be just to go down and change your registration to republican, and the sooner the better.

I think that is going to hurt Ron Paul's chances in Michigan. Most people do not know this. Most anti-war people are democrat and Pro-Bush/War people are Republican.. I know a lot of previous democrats or independents would vote for Ron Paul. Or, since they just changed it, a lot of people who are not registered one way or the other will get excluded because they still think its open!

Ninja Homer
08-08-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm in an open primary state. Is there any benefit in registering as Republican anyway?

jpa
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm in an open primary state. Is there any benefit in registering as Republican anyway?

go to local republican meetings and spread the word of Dr. Paul. That is the only we are going to win the primaries.

FreedomLover
08-08-2007, 10:57 AM

Yep. The Powers that be will do anything to prevent a popular candidate with broad appeal from having a chance in the primary. They want a partisan suit that looks good and will do what he's told.

The best for all of you, even if you're 100 percent sure you have an open primary, SWITCH TO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND VOTE FOR RON IN THE PRIMARY.

This is too important to let slip away because of a last minute bill in your state.

BuddyRey
08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I think that is going to hurt Ron Paul's chances in Michigan. Most people do not know this. Most anti-war people are democrat and Pro-Bush/War people are Republican.. I know a lot of previous democrats or independents would vote for Ron Paul. Or, since they just changed it, a lot of people who are not registered one way or the other will get excluded because they still think its open!

Then the best thing you can do is spread the word to every anti-war, freedom-loving individual you can find, from every party (or none at all). Shout it from rooftops if need be. :D

Dary
08-08-2007, 10:59 AM

The best thing to do if you want to vote for Ron Paul in the Republican primary would be to change your registration to republican, and the sooner the better.

I thought that the Michigan primary would be open so there would be no need to change voter registration. If I had not looked into it, then I would have never known that they had changed the rules.

The status can change quickly. Register republican and be SURE that you'll be able to vote.

michaelwise
08-08-2007, 11:00 AM
We need to make a list of closed primary states, and get the word out there, that voters need to change their party affiliation to republican.

Dary
08-08-2007, 11:10 AM
We need to make a list of closed primary states, and get the word out there, that voters need to change their party affiliation to republican.

I’ll say it again:

The best thing to do if you want to vote for Ron Paul in the Republican primary would be to change your registration to republican and the sooner the better.

It doesn’t matter if the primary is open or closed. The status could go from open to closed overnight.

If you want to be SURE that you’ll be able to vote for Ron Paul in the republican primary, change your registration to republican now!