PDA

View Full Version : *EXTREME* bad weather in the south and midwest!!!

dblee
02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Hopefully no one gets hurt, but hot damn, look for an upset :)

Wells
02-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I've been calling in ND and a few people here and there are citing the shitty weather as a reason for not going out to vote tonight..

Bilgefisher
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Shame, its beautiful weather here in Colorado. Sun is out, only a light breeze and 29 degrees outside. Thankfully we have a closed caucus.

pacelli
02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I've been calling in ND and a few people here and there are citing the shitty weather as a reason for not going out to vote tonight..

RP people?

lasenorita
02-05-2008, 02:34 PM

They're not Ron Paul supporters, are they? :eek:

mello
02-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm in Milwaukee & I just heard that we are going to get 20 inches.

Fuck.

Janet0116
02-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Bad weather (tornadoes, hail) scheduled here in Arkansas, I'm hoping it's God's way of telling all Huckabee supporters to stay home. lol

constitutional
02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Hopefully no one gets hurt, but hot damn, look for an upset :)

Thank God almighty, we are free at last!

^airborn

rollingpig
02-05-2008, 03:03 PM

Fuck.

20 inches?!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Trigonx
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM

Fuck.

i'n in Kenosha right below ya, are we really getting that kind of snow?

rollingpig
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Bad weather (tornadoes, hail) scheduled here in Arkansas, I'm hoping it's God's way of telling all Huckabee supporters to stay home. lol

huckapeople are pretty determined as well, maybe they are praying for bad weather.

Wells
02-05-2008, 03:06 PM
RP people?

They're not Ron Paul supporters, are they? :eek:

my bad.. I don't think so.. one lady went on to scream "I'LL NEVER VOTE FOR THAT KOOK!!" in my ear citing that she has 3 sons over in Iraq and we "need to finish the job" over there..

I wonder how she'd feel if one of them were killed over this war nonsense..

I have been to the middle east several times and was lucky enough to have a job that didn't require me to be "in the shit".. but close enough for discomfort nonetheless

I'm done with my military service now and couldn't be happier about it.. my old friends are always saying it's getting worse... the deployments and such

dblee
02-05-2008, 03:26 PM
my bad.. I don't think so.. one lady went on to scream "I'LL NEVER VOTE FOR THAT KOOK!!" in my ear citing that she has 3 sons over in Iraq and we "need to finish the job" over there..

I wonder how she'd feel if one of them were killed over this war nonsense..

I have been to the middle east several times and was lucky enough to have a job that didn't require me to be "in the shit".. but close enough for discomfort nonetheless

I'm done with my military service now and couldn't be happier about it.. my old friends are always saying it's getting worse... the deployments and such

what is with people? so desperate to assign a purpose to a cause without purpose... sigh.

mello
02-05-2008, 03:41 PM
i'n in Kenosha right below ya, are we really getting that kind of snow?

Here's the weather notice that I got:

EXPECTED TOTALS RANGE FROM...6 TO 8 INCHES NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM THE DELLS TO FOND DU LAC...AND 14 TO 18 INCHES ALONG AND SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM JANESVILLE TO PORT WASHINGTON. THERE MAY BE LOCALLY 20 INCH AMOUNTS DUE TO ISOLATED THUNDERSNOW. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL IMPACT MILWAUKEE...WAUKESHA...RACINE AND KENOSHA.

IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW...STRONG NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING UP TO 35 MPH WILL PRODUCE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW CREATING NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS...ESPECIALLY NEAR LAKE MICHIGAN AND ALSO AT INLAND RURAL LOCATIONS.

I'm glad the Wisconsin Primary is not tonight but if it was I still would have voted. Luckily I live 2 blocks away from my voting station.

spivey378
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
20 inches?!!! :eek::eek::eek:

thats what she said
;)

devil21
02-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Hmm coulda fooled me! Its the warmest day so far this winter here in NC.

WilliamC
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Tonadoes in South West Tennessee.

Shouldn't stop any Ron Paul supporters though ;)