PDA

View Full Version : Do you really want media coverage? Real men only need apply.

JimInNY
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Do you really want media coverage for Ron Paul? I know how to get it, but it will take 10,000 real men to vow to do this every day until the national convention.

Wear a pink Ron Paul R3volution thong over your pants all day every day until we win!

http://newr3volution.com/images/thong.jpg

Benefits:

1) They absolutely attract attention and spread Ron Paul's name out there. People will ask if they don't already know who he is.

2) You will get propositioned by the ladies all day every day. They can't resist a man in pink panties for some reason.

3) The media cannot ignore 10,000 men in pink panties. They can try, but in the end, the panties win.

4) Also great to wear to sign wavings. You'll get lots of horn honking for sure.

5) Your picture will be taken relentlessly with cell phone cams and spread virally to all the photographer's friends.

Wearing these to sell my t-shirts in Sturgis during bike week got me on the news, in the newspapers, in biker magazines, and my helper got on the Leno show. I know from experience that you WILL be the center of attention every where you go.

If there is enough interest I will make a website, get them made and shipped out within 2 weeks.

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Wouldn't it be better to do this for McCain? Especially after Huckabee and Romney drop out, it'd be good to scare conservatives over to Paul.

thefred
02-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Wouldn't it be better to do this for McCain? Especially after Huckabee and Romney drop out, it'd be good to scare conservatives over to Paul.

so true!

acptulsa
02-05-2008, 02:31 PM

Yeah, its a point. We desperately need to get some humor in this campaign, though, and we really do need something that the media won't dare ignore. Hard to do these things without pissing of conservatives, though. Better ideas?

ClayTrainor
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
HAHAHAHA, this is very original i must say.

I don't even doubt that it would help spread his name recognition like wildfire!

Although i do think this is a joke (a good one) i do beleive that we need to do something drastic that the media simply cant ignore.

i dont think pink panties are the solution solution (hahaha) but i do like the sentiment of this post!

McDermit
not loving it.

We're already being painted as the whacky fringe nutjobs. I don't see how 10,000 men in pink underwear could help improve that image.

Yes, we want media attention, but we need POSITIVE coverage.

JimInNY
LOL you may have a point there.

But we all have to practice our lisps and shaking our limp wrists. lmao!

KurtBirk
02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Real men?

In Going My Own Way I will be a man by my own definition, search for wisdom and use my abilities for the welfare of myself and fellow men (http://menforjustice.net/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=34)

crazyfacedjenkins
02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
HAHAHA. I've excepted being called fringe and wacko and all that other good stuff, this seems like a good way to make light of it.

JimInNY
02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Real men?

yeah, you have to pretty secure and confident in yourself to wear them. :)

MalcolmGandi
02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Hmm... any media coverage is good.

Kombaiyashii
02-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I have been doing this for months. Best time to do it is when going door to door canvassing for the good Doctor.

TonySutton
02-05-2008, 02:56 PM
I bet Giuliani already has a pair ;)

JimInNY
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
If I order them in lots of 2000 I can send them out for $6.00 each.

the_bee
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
bump

dvictr
02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
it would be cool to win the popular vote with no msm coverage