PDA

View Full Version : ***********attention: Early Voters!************

zbus12
02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I am getting reports of people that took advantage of early voting, then going into their polling place to claim a ballot and are voting a second time!!!!

Something fishy is going on here!

zbus12
02-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Has anyone heard of this happening yet???

Eponym_mi
02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
If they are someone else's supporter, I'd say this is a good thing because both their votes would be disqualified. If our supporters are doing this, they should stop!!

zbus12
02-05-2008, 02:06 PM
how do they check these things out? But the question is WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED A SECOND BALLOT?

crazyfacedjenkins
02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
In NJ they don't even check your ID when you vote. You just say your name and then vote, seems very easy for someone to come in and vote multiple times under several names.

zbus12
02-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Something going on here!

thehittgirl
02-05-2008, 02:10 PM
ID not checked here in NY either, but they have our signatures down and we signed a book today.

FreeInChrist2
02-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, this is interesting. I was wondering if this could really happen, and I found out this afternoon. My wife has a cousin that was raised in a democrat family who were very active in the party. She said her dad always told her to vote early and vote often. I always took it as a joke, considering the conversations when they were interjected.

I voted a couple of weeks ago. I took my wife in to vote this afternoon. They pulled her card and handed her her ballot. Then my wife gave them my name and they pulled my card from the binder and then gave me a ballot. I just about told them, no, I already voted. But I was curious to see if the voting machine would pick up on it if I voted again.

When I made my vote selection for my candidate, it marked it for a second then disappeared. Like it was a glitch. So I punched it again and then it took. I completed my ballot and took it up to the election official. He scanned it and said your all good, Done.

So now I'm wondering why was my card not pulled at the election office after I voted the 1st time. And if I just did it, perhaps cousins statement wasn't a joke after all. If I could do this, then anyone could.

I called cousin, and asked her about this situation and she said this has been going on for years. She just retired from city government. I asked her how this could be found out and she said, only if there is a recount will anyone know. The machines only count the votes and of course they go elsewhere for the total tabulations. The on site computers are not connected to any state or city direct interface as far as she knew.

Don't even ask me if I am happy with what just happened.
I'm also sure there are federal laws in place for voting twice.
I just wanted to find out if it could be done, and now I know and kind of wish I didn't know.
Not to mention this sin I have to deal with now in repentance.

Now I'm wondering where to go with this info and should I not say something to someone, somewhere?

Believe me, I do not advise anyone else try this. But now that I know, what to do now? How far do I take this?

Ex Post Facto
02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Contact the campaign office in your state.

FreeInChrist2
02-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Ok, I just received the official state law from which I live in. It states that although I voted early, I have the absolute right to vote in person on election day and the second vote is counted as it then cancels out the 1st vote. WHHeeeoo! Nothing to report to officials.

No voting sin to repent for, but the other 300 for the day still needs dealt with. Thank God for forgiveness.

zadrock
02-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok, I just received the official state law from which I live in. It states that although I voted early, I have the absolute right to vote in person on election day and the second vote is counted as it then cancels out the 1st vote. WHHeeeoo! Nothing to report to officials.

No voting sin to repent for, but the other 300 for the day still needs dealt with. Thank God for forgiveness.

That's interesting - if you vote early, but then change your mind, you can just go vote again? That's good to know.

Z