PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Ron Paul won by a landslide, with 56% of the vote. -Dick Armey

Gunslinger
08-08-2007, 06:14 AM
FreedomWorks Weekly Update

Dear FreedomWorks Member,

It has been busy here at FreedomWorks HQ. We just completed our 2008 GOP presidential straw poll, in which more than 16,000 people voted for the limited government candidate of their choice. Congressman Ron Paul won by a landslide, with 56% of the vote. He was followed by former Senator Fred Thompson, with 16%. Thanks to everyone for voting in the straw poll. We hope that you will stay involved with us during the 2008 campaign season!

Now, we have begun our 2008 Democrat presidential straw poll. You can vote for who you think is the most fiscally responsible Democrat by visiting http://www.freedomworks.org/strawpoll2/

After you vote in the Democrat straw poll, take a minute to read about some federal campaigns that we are engaged in right now and be sure to take action!
August Congressional Recess
As Congress flees the summer heat of Washington, D.C. and heads home for a month, freedom advocates everywhere have a chance to turn up the heat by taking the freedom agenda message directly to legislators. Many Members of Congress will hold listening sessions and town hall meetings to hear what their constituents have to say about public policy ranging from taxes to spending to energy security. As a proponent of liberty, you have an opportunity to make your voice heard for lower taxes and less government. Here are some issues that need your attention during the recess.

1. Rising Energy Costs
In the wake of Al Gore's propaganda film, some on Capitol Hill are taking advantage of the climate of fear he and his buddies in Hollywood have created. The House just passed an energy bill last week that would increase taxes on energy by a staggering $16 billion. This bill would also reduce domestic energy production, leaving us more dependent on foreign oil than ever before! New burdensome requirements for utility companies would also raise consumers' electricity bills. The Democrats talk a good game about energy prices, but why are they passing legislation that would cost consumers more for energy?

TAKE ACTION!

2. Technology Freedom
As you know, liberals have been trying to grab more government control over the internet through regulations they call "net neutrality." In the guise of keeping internet content neutral, they are willing to grant the government massive control over the future infrastructure of the net. Luckily, thanks to your help, we have been able to defeat "net neutrality" mandates on the federal and state level. We have issued a report about our successes, which you can read for yourself.

Read the report!

3. Taxes
To fund their big-government agenda, Democrats are trying to raise taxes in a bunch of different areas. This session, they have already proposed to raise taxes on capital, foreign investment, energy production and even cigarettes and cigars! Instead of finding ways to reduce the size of government by ending wasteful programs and cutting out the pork, the Democrat-led Congress is leading us down the road to bigger and bigger government. The American people are already over-burdened with taxation, and enough is enough!

Stop the Tax Hikes Now!

During the August Recess, it is important that advocates of liberty take time out of their busy lives to write, call and visit with their elected officials to remind them that freedom works. We appreciate your ongoing efforts to do just that. If you would like to find out when and where you can meet with your legislators, please contact us and we can help!

Sincerely,

Dick Armey
Chairman
FreedomWorks.org

beermotor
08-08-2007, 06:24 AM
I wish there was a none-of-the-above option. I picked Gravel, though... but it looks like people think Richardson is the most fiscally responsible...

ZandarKoad
08-08-2007, 06:26 AM
... Why don't the democrats start listing Ron Paul as an option for ALL of their polls? I don't think he needs to speak at the event to win. :)

freelance
08-08-2007, 06:30 AM
I wish there was a none-of-the-above option. I picked Gravel, though... but it looks like people think Richardson is the most fiscally responsible...

I think I remember somewhere that he has cut NM taxes.

BuddyRey
08-08-2007, 06:30 AM

I cannot express my astonishment at anyone consciously choosing Richardson, so I'll attempt to make my feelings known via emoticon...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: