PDA

View Full Version : 0% in West Virginia [RP was eliminated in 1st round. That is why he has 0%]

Myerz
02-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't buy it for a second!

WTF?

tropicangela
02-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Huck threw us 3 national delegates.

http://www.wsaz.com/political/misc/15267036.html

TSOL
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Apparently the people of WV like government telling them how to wipe their asses.

utrunner07
02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't buy it for a second!

WTF?

dude, so what? who cares if you don't buy it? Its what happened. Ron Paul did not get near enough coverage to let the average voter who does not care enough to put thought into his decision hear his plans. Yeah he has GREAT, WONDERFUL WORLD CHANGING IDEAS, but relatively NO ONE heard them....so believe it....we are going to be seeing a lot of this today...its reality...just because you don't want to believe it does no mean its not true.

malkusm
02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
It was a state convention, not a primary or caucus.

Here's what happened:

The state convention in WV is a winner-take-all process. The delegates vote for a candidate. If no candidate receives 50% or more of these delegate votes, the candidate with the least remaining support is dropped out, and these delegates must support another candidate.

Today, Paul was 4th in delegates in the first round of voting. His delegates then had to choose another candidate. They were no longer allowed to vote for Paul because of the rules of the convention.

Hope this helps.

GoDrNo
02-05-2008, 01:49 PM
After the first round of voting, RP was eliminated and could not be voted for, look at McCain also, he recieved 0% too.

The pick up of 3 National delegates was a good move, 3 is better than 0 any day :)

Ayse
02-05-2008, 01:49 PM
We came in 4th in the first round, so were eliminated and the remaining 3 were the only ones that got voted on. Romney actually won the first round.

josh24601
02-05-2008, 01:50 PM

So, instead of sittin on our hands and letting Romney win, we throw in with the Huck, let him win, throw more of a wrench into the "sweeping Super Duper Tuesday battle" and take some national delegates to boot.

Well played, Dr. Paul.

defe07
02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
But Huckabee got the 18 delegates... :confused: Did I miss something here?

TonySutton
02-05-2008, 01:52 PM
4th place and 3 delegates :) not bad.

For those that do not know, there was an earlier issue that put us at a disadvantage in WV. All things considered, I think we did well.

Now on to Montana and Alaska!

GoDrNo
02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
But Huckabee got the 18 delegates... :confused: Did I miss something here?

Seems like in reality Huck got 18 then but pledged 3 of them to us in a deal to get the RP delegates to vote Huck after RP was eliminated in the first round. The media will report all 18 to Huck but if the deal that was mentioned on the WV tv station website is true it is actually 15 for Huck and 3 to RP.

literatim
02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
It is great we got 3 national delegates out of it. I bet Romney wish he didn't burn bridges by treating us like crap.

NoPants
02-05-2008, 01:54 PM

Wow, it's the 5th bullet point down. That's great. So Huck walks away with 15, we get 3! I'm ok with that because McCain still gets a big fat dough nut.

Redcard
02-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Wow, it's the 5th bullet point down. That's great. So Huck walks away with 15, we get 3! I'm ok with that because McCain still gets a big fat dough nut.

It might be more like, Huck gets 10 or 9, McCain gets 5 or 6, and we get 3.

NoPants
02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Seems like in reality Huck got 18 then but pledged 3 of them to us in a deal to get the RP delegates to vote Huck after RP was eliminated in the first round. The media will report all 18 to Huck but if the deal that was mentioned on the WV tv station website is true it is actually 15 for Huck and 3 to RP.

That's 2nd place in delegates! So, that makes 4 states where we've placed 2nd in delegates! That's great.

Ex Post Facto
02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
It's good for us. I hear a lot of RP supporters went with Huck propelling him to victory. If huck drops those Huck people are likely to join us giving us most of the delegates.

NoPants
02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
It might be more like, Huck gets 10 or 9, McCain gets 5 or 6, and we get 3.

Didn't see any information showing McCain received any. McCain's people were directed to vote Huckabee by the campaign. There was ZERO chance of them voting for Romney and if I knew they would vote for me either way I'd stiff 'em.

Redcard
02-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Didn't see any information showing McCain received any. McCain's people were directed to vote Huckabee by the campaign. There was ZERO chance of them voting for Romney and if I knew they would vote for me either way I'd stiff 'em.

Well, we'll see. I mean, if we're getting delegates for jumping, I suspect they'll get some too. It's just how the game is played.

CrownThyGood
02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
that winner take all thing is just pure crap !!

dblee
02-05-2008, 02:03 PM
That's cool, it shows we have clout. Freaking MSM blatantly ignores the facts.

anyway for the idiots who don't understand...

THIS WAS NOT A PRIMARY, NOT A CAUCUS, IT WAS A CONVENTION

homah
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM

Yep, no reason for them to offer anything to the McCain campaign.

GoDrNo
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, we'll see. I mean, if we're getting delegates for jumping, I suspect they'll get some too. It's just how the game is played.

What I've read so far is that the McCain people went Huck solely for the fact that it would prevent Romney from winning, I haven't heard anything about a delegate trade for their votes. They could have picked some up, but as of now the word seems to be that its 15 Huck 3 RP

This page is a link the a reporter's twitter updates as the convention progressed.

VoteForRonPaul
02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
This deal sounds very weird, it sounds like we are pushing Huck to stay longer. And he might not drop at all, if he will continue like that!

RoyalShock
02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Apparently the people of WV like government telling them how to wipe their asses.

If WV has a high percentage of people below the poverty line, I'm not surprised.

They already don't pay federal income tax and likely receive government assistance. So of course they don't mind being told what to do.

GoDrNo
02-05-2008, 02:17 PM
This deal sounds very weird, it sounds like we are pushing Huck to stay longer. And he might not drop at all, if he will continue like that!

3 delegates vs. 0 delegates. Sounds like they played it smart.

Trigonx
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
McCain made NO DEAL with Huckabee, McCain supporters went to huckabee to stop Romney, but the RP supporters made a deal with Huckabee to give him the victory for 3 national delegates. So those who think McCain may get something out of this is wrong.

defe07
02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
4th place and 3 delegates :) not bad.

For those that do not know, there was an earlier issue that put us at a disadvantage in WV. All things considered, I think we did well.

Now on to Montana and Alaska!

So we picked up 3 national delegates?