PDA

View Full Version : Match My $20 - Message From Campaign

mport1
08-08-2007, 06:08 AM
I will donate $20 if 5 other people will join me. Ron needs our help now. Let's keep this momentum going. $20 is nothing in the name of liberty.

Don't forget to join Ron's birthday pledge at http://www.en-gb.pledgebank.com/RPbirthdaybash#comments

Message from the campaign:

"Build Momentum

August 7, 2007

The purpose of a political campaign is to win. To do that, you have to constantly build momentum and reach top speed on Election Day. The Ron Paul 2008 campaign is now shifting to a higher gear. The next stop: Iowa straw poll this Saturday.

But before we shift gears, let's remember how our campaign was dismissed by many at first. The "experts" didn't give us a chance. They didn't think we could even get our engine started. What they did give us were their inside-the-Beltway opinions why Ron Paul's campaign for freedom and constitutional government would sputter after only a few weeks.

But the "experts" were wrong. Why?

1. The message: Freedom.
2. The man: Ron Paul.
3. You.

This combination confounds the so-called experts. However, to you and me, it's no surprise at all.

But let's get back to focusing on the future and building momentum.

The Iowa straw poll this Saturday is an important stop along the way for Ron Paul to win the Republican nomination, and then the general election for president. Competing in the Iowa straw poll is important, and it is also expensive.

For example, the entry fee alone is $15,000.00, which gives you the privilege of then having to spend a bunch more. Radio and TV spots, office space, staff, travel expenses, signs, direct mail, phone banks, campaign events, and on and on...all add up to a lot of money...several hundred thousand dollars actually. (Some campaigns are spending even more; much more.)

Dr. Paul and his wife Carol are in Iowa this entire week with a crew of dedicated campaign staffers and hard-working volunteers. Their days start before dawn and end near midnight. But that's what it takes to build the momentum.

Will you help us build the momentum?

We have produced three radio spots and a television commercial just for the Iowa straw poll this Saturday, August 11. The purpose: get Iowans to attend the straw poll and vote for Ron Paul. But for that to happen, thousands of Iowans throughout the entire state will need to hear and see these ads many times, and that will take a bunch of money.

We're already stretching our budget with the expenses I mentioned earlier, so we don't have much left to broadcast our TV and radio ads. We only have a few days left to introduce Ron Paul and his message of freedom and constitutional government to Iowans from every corner of the state.

Dr. Paul and his wife Carol are on the ground in Iowa talking with folks day and night. Help them spread their message of freedom and constitutional government in the air by donating today.

Listen to the three radio ads and take a look at the TV spot. Then make a donation.

During the next few days, thousands of Iowans must hear about Ron Paul and his message -- our message -- of freedom, peace and prosperity.

Donate today. Encourage Iowans with these radio and TV ads to attend the straw poll and vote for Ron Paul. Help us build momentum.

See the ads and make a donation. Go to http://www.ronpaul2008.com.

Thank you!

Kent Snyder
Chairman, Ron Paul 2008"

BillyDkid
08-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Hi, Just donated $25.00 more.

I think the radio ads need to be a little more visceral - our incomprehensible national debt and mortgaging our childrens future, Americans dying on foreign soil for the vanity and stupidity of a spoiled fool and egomaniac, our massive indebtedness to China, loss of nearly all decent paying working class jobs, America, once the beacon of hope to the world, now hated by nearly everyone and on and on. Remember the stuff that working people (and not the disaffected wealthy) respond to. This country is being destroyed by those who scream loudest and longest about patriotism and national security. and, of course, our collapsing infrastructure - imagine what the many hundreds of billions of dollars thrown away in Iraq could have done for this country. We're building bridges and infrastructure in Iraq (which will be destroyed) while our own country falls apart. You need to go for the gut. We can't play nice anymore. The future depends on it. My best, Doug Carkuff

mport1
08-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Who else wants to chip in the measly $20?

TheConstitutionLives
08-08-2007, 08:38 AM
i gotcha 20 right here. Now where does that put us?

disinter
08-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Anyone know how the fundraising is going so far this quarter?

james1844
08-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I put in $5.

mport1
08-08-2007, 08:57 AM
i gotcha 20 right here. Now where does that put us?

2 in, need 3 more.

mport1
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Nobody else has $20 to get this thing done?

mport1
08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
$20

mport1
08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Bump.

pyrazole2
08-08-2007, 11:27 AM
broke for another week, but *bump*

mport1
08-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Whatever, pretty pathetic showing. I just went ahead and donated. Feel free to still join in.

"Thank you for your generous donation of $20.00!
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number."