PDA

View Full Version : Des Moines Register (AGAIN)

0zzy
08-08-2007, 05:27 AM
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070808/OPINION01/708080367/-1/LIFE04

I've heard that Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, the anti-war and anti-everything-else Republican, is quietly telling his supporters to contact the Romney campaign.

The plan, see, is to ask the Romney folks for a ride to Ames and a ticket. They should let Romney treat them to lunch, and then they vote for Paul.

What the FU#& is up with their editors?

The Dane
08-08-2007, 05:46 AM
Im not sure its the editors.

After all this journalist was writing this himself.

I think that theres some journalist that just pick up easy from the BS transmitters.
Wonder where he head that from ?

CJLauderdale4
08-08-2007, 05:53 AM
What's worse is that this guy is giving some RP supporters in Iowa some really good ideas: show up in Ames, get a Straw Poll ticket and free lunch from the Romulans, and then vote for Ron Paul.

Sounds like a good racket, Des Moines Register!!

0zzy
08-08-2007, 06:12 AM
haha ;)

Patriot
08-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Columnist John Carlson can be reached at (515) 284-8204 or jcarlson@dmreg.com

libertyman
08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
The Register reporter is not only not a fan of Ron Paul his derogatory remarks are directly disparaging of Dr. Paul. He is essentially calling him a wacko. This is very rude and shows the judgment of a person who has never met Ron Paul and has only listened to his debate spots with neo-con filters in place in his brain.

I would bet he is a Fox news watcher.:)

Mesogen
08-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Don't you love that?

Antiwar = Antirepublican

War = Republican ??

(*drool duh drool*)

The attacks on Ron Paul are getting stupider by the day.

Cowlesy
08-08-2007, 08:30 AM
**Sigh**

granny miller
08-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Have you all seen this at the bottom of Congressman Paul's bio at DMR ?

"THE BOTTOM LINE
Paul is without doubt the most anti-government member of the House of Representatives and has often been a critic of his party's spending and foreign policy.
He voted against the Iraq war and Patriot Act. He has never taken a government-paid junket. At 71, he is the oldest Republican running, and his campaign is largely symbolic.
He got 432,000 votes running as a Libertarian for president in 1988, and it's hard to see him doing much in a crowded Republican primary field. "

The page is here
http://tinyurl.com/2z69le

I just got off the phone with the DMR :mad: and bitched them out.

I've just about had enough from Gannett.

I demanded that they correct the information.

Ron Paul is in this race to WIN - nothing symbolic about it!!!

1000-points-of-fright
08-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't think it's a hit piece. He's wrong about the Ron Paul campaign telling his supporters to scam tickets, but I think he kind of admires the tactic of the little guy sticking it to Romney for thinking he can influence voters by throwing his money around.

Bro.Butch
08-11-2007, 03:14 AM
The guy is dead-on about the straw poll. IT IS A SHAKEDOWN. Ghouliani used a similar term when he bowed out.

As for what's up with this paper? They are owned and controlled by the CFR which is behind the north american union and the nwo. They won't be giving RP many puff peices.

You have to admit that would be a lovely idea to use the quarter billionaire's money against him. WOW, wouldn't that have been sweet ! Oh, I know some of you cry FOUL! But come on, it (the straw poll) is just a scam racket anyway bought by Romney. Why not flim-flam the real FLIM-FLAMMER !!! lol

Romney has spent more money in Iowa leading up to this straw poll than Dr. Paul has raised for his entire campaign. And I guess that would be the case that Romney's IA money defeats all other candidates total money, beside Ghouliani, McCain, & F.Thompson of course.

Dr. Paul hasn't spent much time in Iowa so any of you shouldn't be discouraged by the placement of RP. He is polling ninth so anything better than that can be considered a VICTORY !!!