PDA

View Full Version : Message From Ken Lindell

subdefective
02-05-2008, 01:06 PM
This was sent out in an email just now, and I wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

Dear grassroots Ron Paul supporters:

It has come to my attention that the Maine State Republican party is being
flooded with calls from around the country, complaining about the results of
the presidential preference poll conducted at the caucuses held around Maine
last weekend. I am asking all of you to PLEASE STOP these calls and
e-mails. They are hurting the Maine Ron Paul campaign and are mostly
without merit.

Here are the important facts that you need to know:

· We have independently verified that Ron Paul came in a close third
in the Presidential preference poll with about 18% of the vote. There is no
significant discrepancy between the numbers reported by the Maine GOP and
those reported by our precinct leaders.

· Nobody is sitting on any results. The reason that only 70% of
precincts are reporting is that the law allows each municipality to schedule
its own caucus up until March 20th of every even numbered year. Those
municipalities that have not reported have not caucused yet, and might not
do so at all. Since all of the big cities and towns have already caucused,
the 30% that have not represent less than 10% of the potential vote.

· Ron Paul did very well in Maine, and our campaign has been treated
very fairly by the Republican establishment in Maine. Ron Paul's vote total
in the preference poll was the highest we have seen in any caucus or primary
so far. We also picked up many delegates. We estimate that we came in well
above John McCain in the delegate count.

Please stop calling and e-mailing the Maine Republican Party. The Maine GOP
has a small number of staff and they have been very fair with us. We need
to maintain good relations with the party staff and leadership going into
the State convention on May 2nd if we want to have a chance to elect Ron
Paul delegates to the national Republican convention. Rude and
disrespectful calls from Paul supporters are a reflection on the Paul
campaign and they damage our chance to build on the hard work we did in
Maine to win delegates at the caucuses.

Yours Sincerely,

Ken Lindell

Maine Coordinator

Ron Paul 2008 PCC

amistybleu
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
+1

I for one have more pressing issues than badgering the Maine GOP. ;)

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
bump

pathis
02-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Definetly needs to be sticky

allyinoh
02-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree but people do that when they are kept in the dark. We need more communication especially on these primaries that are weird.

jarofclay
02-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I agree but people do that when they are kept in the dark. We need more communication especially on these primaries that are weird.

Good point. This should have been part of the press release.

makrothymia
02-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Bump

Thank you for keeping us informed. I will spread the news.

liberteebell
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
bump

AisA1787
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM

I agree we need more info, but unless you have a legitimate, specific complaint with solid evidence, it's best not to call and harass the GOP staffers in any state. The funny thing about politics is that it's political -- Rule #1 is don't needlessly piss anyone off, especially if you need their support to get your candidate elected.

Sandra
02-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Well, this IS the state that felt some counties didn't FEEL they needed to call in results. Their state GOP failed in explaining the process somewhere.

CGMike
02-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Bump for Sticky Status...

ronpauleddy
02-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Man...people gotta chill!!!
I'm a RP supporter and I'm even getting sick of RP supporters!!

CGMike
02-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Unfortunatly its all the out of staters who are calling up the Maine GOP for the results to the MEANINGLESS straw poll....LET IT GO

C'mon now, we still have to live here and go to the convention with these folks.

RufusTDoofus
02-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I think this type of problem of rabid supporters harassing people via email and on the phone/fax is one of the root causes of the MSM blackout. The legions of RP whackos became a cost burden on the MSM essentially shooting themselves in the foot.

I don't know why someone from outside of Maine would feel they could accomplish anything positive by calling the Maine GOP.

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2008, 02:04 PM
This was sent out in an email just now, and I wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

I The reason that only 70% of precincts are reporting is that the law allows each municipality to schedule its own caucus up until March 20th of every even numbered year. Those municipalities that have not reported have not caucused yet, and might not do so at all. Since all of the big cities and towns have already caucused, the 30% that have not represent less than 10% of the potential vote.

Ken Lindell

Maine Coordinator Ron Paul 2008 PCC

Is this the 21st Century we live in today? Oh wait, why bother holding a CAUCUS on a certain date THEN?

Hey Maine, why not hold a Caucus on every 5th Friday of the month... with cities/towns beginning with Consonants voting in the EVEN months and Cities/Towns beginning with Vowels voting in the ODD months. Then Maine delivers the collected votes by PONY EXPRESS from each and every town and tallied on Bush's Kennabunkport, ME estate, during LEAP YEARS!

note: SARCASM laid on pretty thick...
Another example of WHY this country is full of MORONS

Mike Conlon
02-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Is this the 21st Century we live in today? Is Maine still delivery votes by PONY EXPRESS? Oh wait, why bother holding a CAUCUS on a certain date?

Hey Maine, why not hold a Caucus on every 5th Friday of the month... with cities/towns beginning with Consonants voting in the EVEN months and Cities/Towns beginning with Vowels voting in the ODD months. Then Maine delivers the collect votes by PONY EXPRESS from each and every town and tallied on Bush's Kennabunkport, ME estate, during LEAP YEARS!

Hey Hollywood:

Suck my Caucus.

I'm heartened to see that what the MSM likes to portray as a well-oiled machine is actually a bunch of people who are only marginally more informed than the rest of us schmucks.

angelatc
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
States rights.

BreakYourChains
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Stop calling Maine.

BreakYourChains
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
bump

CGMike
02-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Is this the 21st Century we live in today? Oh wait, why bother holding a CAUCUS on a certain date THEN?

Hey Maine, why not hold a Caucus on every 5th Friday of the month... with cities/towns beginning with Consonants voting in the EVEN months and Cities/Towns beginning with Vowels voting in the ODD months. Then Maine delivers the collected votes by PONY EXPRESS from each and every town and tallied on Bush's Kennabunkport, ME estate, during LEAP YEARS!

So if the cities and towns get to vote, what about the Plantations?

And, this is Maine now, and everyone up here knows that the votes don't come in by Pony Express, they come in by MOOSE ;)

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2008, 06:55 PM
So if the cities and towns get to vote, what about the Plantations?

And, this is Maine now, and everyone up here knows that the votes don't come in by Pony Express, they come in by MOOSE ;)

GO BLACK BEARS~! :rolleyes:

dustup
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Whats going on in Maine??? Watch for yourself! They are fighting bureaucratic red tape and plain BS!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=inxjjBJhel4

http://http://youtube.com/watch?v=fGyY7u9dwwQ (http://youtube.com/watch?v=fGyY7u9dwwQ)

Aratus
05-04-2008, 08:06 AM
another vintage thread now read in terms of the linked to article... in the thread by "change"