PDA

View Full Version : So here's a copy of the letter I sent to a few Iowans...

krott5333
08-08-2007, 04:30 AM
Hello from Pennsylvania. Please don’t tear me up! I can imagine being in Iowa you are probably sick and tired of all the phone-calls and door to door campaigning. I am not writing from an official campaign. I am merely a concerned and compassionate citizen wanting to make things better.

I don’t know much about Iowa. I live in Pennsylvania, why would I? However, I can imagine that you and your family know quite a bit about Iowa; its strengths, and its weaknesses. I believe a state knows best about what they need. This is just one of the many reasons why I support Ron Paul for President. Ron Paul believes that the federal government should intervene less with our lives and allow more freedom for state and local governments.

Congressman Paul also believes in the right of the individual. Ron Paul doesn’t believe in gay rights, black rights, or white rights. He believes in individual rights, and the same individual rights for all citizens, with the keyword being citizens. He does not believe in amnesty for illegal immigrants. He feels that instead of protecting Iraq’s borders in a wasteful and pointless war, we should focus more on protecting our own borders. In Ron Paul’s own words “It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left open.”

The most important reason why I feel Ron Paul is a far greater candidate than anyone else, republican or democrat, is his respect and unwavering support of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Congressman Paul has been named “Dr. No” by his colleagues simply because he refuses to vote yes on a piece of legislation he feels is unconstitutional. I am sure you are well aware of the lack of regard our current administration has for the Constitution in the name of “security.”

Our country is slowly veering off the path of liberty and freedom. Ron Paul can put us back on track. I urge you to show your support by voting for him in the Ames Straw Poll and in the Republican primary. I feel that once inform yourself of what Ron Paul truly stands for, perhaps you will even want to campaign for him as I have.

Thank you for your time.

Patrick A. Krott
Fairview, PA

P.S. If you’re on the web, check out http://freeme.tv for some great Ron Paul videos to see what he is really about. And course there is the official website, www.ronpaul2008.com

:)

Kuldebar
08-08-2007, 05:23 AM
Awesome letter, I love your opening remarks about state rights versus federal control.

krott5333
08-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Awesome letter, I love your opening remarks about state rights versus federal control.

mackler
08-08-2007, 07:00 PM
nice. how many have you sent?