PDA

View Full Version : Caucus - 6:30 pm TODAY!!

J Free
02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
WHERE:

Find your precinct caucus location in this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110405

WHAT TO BRING:
1. Your voter registration card<br>
2. Another form of ID - drivers license<br>
3. A small notebook to record the following:

Results of straw poll
Names/contact info of elected precinct chair (and whether they are RP supporter)
Names/contact info of elected delegates (and whether they are RP supporter)

After the meeting send the info in your notebook to co@ronpaul2008.com or pm me here and I'll get it to the state coordinators.

IMPORTANT: After caucus, delegates are the focus. Swaying them to support Ron Paul - or at least be friendly to his ideas so that we can get platform changes. We need to know who they are.

MORE IMPORTANT: Run for delegate yourself. You are eligible if you are a Republican.

WHO: Only Republicans can get into the caucus and take part. Dress well. network with your neighbors.

But Dems and independents can stand outside the caucus and hand out slimjims or talk about who the troops support or talk about who is the only fiscal conservative or who is electable (after all your very presence will show Republicans that Ron Paul can attract independents). However if you are not a Republican, DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE WAR IN IRAQ and dress very well and for criminy's sake leave your own opinions at home. Talk about the troops and who they support. This is a Republican party event -- NOT a state-sponsored event. I will provide a short "just the facts" handout here so you can print it out if you don't have slimjims.

So EVERYONE should attend.

J Free
02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
For those of you RP supporters who are independents or Dems, here is the "just the facts" stuff to hand out at your local precinct caucus - starting at 6:30 pm.

Print it out - maybe two to a page and then cut. Maybe someone here can put it in the right format. With a slimjim, these will be very useful to hand to the Republicans who are entering the caucus. Many of them - more than you think - will be undecided. Many will not have heard of Ron Paul.

Who do the troops support to be the next CinC?

Ron Paul - $249,000 in donations from 1160 soldiers.
John McCain - $83,000 in donations from 438 soldiers.
Mike Huckabee - $37,000 in donations from 126 soldiers.
Mitt Romney - $24,000 in donations from 126 soldiers.
Barack Obama - $76,000 in donations from 443 soldiers.
Hillary Clinton - $41,000 in donations from 154 soldiers.

Ron Paul has led in donations from the military for each of the last three quarters.
Data from FEC filings.

Who is the fiscal conservative?

Ron Paul - Has proposed $150 billion in non-defense spending CUTS.

John McCain - Has proposed $7 billion in non-defense spending INCREASES.
Mitt Romney - Has proposed $20 billion in non-defense spending INCREASES.
Mike Huckabee- Has proposed $54 billion in non-defense spending INCREASES.
Hillary Clinton- Has proposed $218 billion in non-defense spending INCREASES.
Barack Obama-Has proposed $287 billion in non-defense spending INCREASES.

The last President to CUT non-defense spending was Ronald Reagan.
Data from National Taxpayers Union.

Bilgefisher
02-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I can't vote(unaffiliated), but I am going to the caucus and bringing someone who can vote.

link88
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Good luck in CO. Just voted for Paul here in CA :)

freedom-maniac
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Good luck in CO.

Same here!