PDA

View Full Version : Report from a voter in Chicago

Guinness
02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
The volunteers at the polling place I went to said I could only vote for one party? Is that correct? I told them I wanted to vote for both and they gave me a blank ballot but told me I could only vote for one party or the other. I was under the impression that Illinois was an open state and you could vote in the primaries for a candidate in both parties. Am I mistaken? :mad::mad:

Eponym_mi
02-05-2008, 11:52 AM
You have to pick a party. You should pick Republican and vote for Ron Paul.

Guinness
02-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Also the people at the polling place were all about YELLING your choice out to vote democrat or republican. There was NO privacy. They had sheets with all the names marked red or blue as to which party they voted. Surprisingly most of the names were in red.

RPinUptownChi
02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
--

Dojo
02-05-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm in Barrington... I had to say out loud what party ballot I wanted too. A lot of republicans in line....... Hope they were RP republicans..!!

asifp
02-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I am in Chicago voted Paul.

People are just voting for Obama like crazy , I asked one guy why did he vote Obama and he is like he is for change and is honest so I was like , ok what has he done in the senate

he draw a blank face

i was like you dumb fuck you wasted your vote to a marketing gimmick , nicely done

thechitowncubs
02-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I had 2 democrats vote for RP today at the polling place I staked out.

freedom-maniac
02-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I had 2 democrats vote for RP today at the polling place I staked out.

Niiiiice!

Lord Abaddon
02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm in Fox River Grove, small village outside Crystal Lake. You pick one or the other party and vote for that primary. Of course I voted for Ron Paul as well as any Republicans that have those leanings rather than just the neocon word. From what I could hear more people were voting Republican (though McHenry County is nearly all Republican, so much so that few Democrats were even running for positions).

RPinUptownChi
02-05-2008, 05:42 PM
--

atthegates
02-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I am in Chicago voted Paul.

People are just voting for Obama like crazy , I asked one guy why did he vote Obama and he is like he is for change and is honest so I was like , ok what has he done in the senate

he draw a blank face

i was like you dumb fuck you wasted your vote to a marketing gimmick , nicely done

yeah dude its insane how people are voting for obama, especially among seniors at my high school, just cuz they think its the "cool" thing to do and he represents "change."

Billy Baro7
02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Live in the South Subs.
No one had any signs up! NO ONE!
Posted a BIG OLD RON PAUL BLUE SIGN on the Corner of Center and Sauk Trail a the voting poll! Drove around and put up one at the library one at the High School and one at the Rex center of the Square!

RON PAUL 2008

notagain
02-05-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm in Orland Park. Not to many signs around the polling places. One place was very empty- I went at 5:30. I had my dad vote RP. He's been askin me why he isn't he ever on TV?

bkreigh
02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
The volunteers at the polling place I went to said I could only vote for one party? Is that correct? I told them I wanted to vote for both and they gave me a blank ballot but told me I could only vote for one party or the other. I was under the impression that Illinois was an open state and you could vote in the primaries for a candidate in both parties. Am I mistaken? :mad::mad:

One person, One Vote. Of course you can only vote for one party. Open means you can vote for either. Not both.

Why would this even be a concern? RON PAUL!!!! He is a republican. Its that simple.

RPinUptownChi
02-05-2008, 07:32 PM
--

unstatusthequo
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I had fun in will county because the election judges threatened that I couldn't vote because of the "I support Ron Paul" shirt I had on. They claimed I was "electioneering."

It was fun getting them all worked up.

Lord Abaddon
02-05-2008, 09:25 PM
One person, One Vote. Of course you can only vote for one party. Open means you can vote for either. Not both.

Why would this even be a concern? RON PAUL!!!! He is a republican. Its that simple.

Apparently you don't understand how politics work in Chicago! :p

RPinUptownChi
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
--

Larry R
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm in Hickory Hills and I voted this morning around 11 am, lot's of Ron Paul signs up in Palos Township, Roberts Rd covered pretty well. I haven't seen a single sign for any other presidential candidate in the area.

Still no idea what the Illinois results are like.