PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul releases "Nuclear Option" Radio Ad in Iowa..

Electrostatic
08-08-2007, 03:54 AM
God, I wish they had done this a month ago.. It's wednesday for christ's sake.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/pages/mp3-player?f=/uploads/audio/RPMarque60.mp3&autostart=true

STA654
08-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Is that Mitt Romney talking in that ad?

beermotor
08-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Not bad. It does sound a little like mitt, heh.

0zzy
08-08-2007, 04:53 AM
Mitt supports Ron Paul? :P

Kuldebar
08-08-2007, 05:19 AM
That was nice of Mitt doing the voice work for that radio ad. Maybe we should send him some flowers or hair products?

Shink
08-08-2007, 05:50 AM
That was nice of Mitt doing the voice work for that radio ad. Maybe we should send him some flowers or hair products?

Nah, send him bottles of Nair disguised as hair grease.

Santana28
08-08-2007, 08:54 AM
i could swear that announcer is the same guy that said "You've Got Mail!" on AOL all those years ago. His voice even sounds pixelized.

Sematary
08-08-2007, 09:02 AM
nice ad but I don't know if letters of marque and reprisal will really capture the average voter. He should be talking about bringing the troops home immediately and abolishing the IRS. People will listen to that.

nullvalu
08-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Nah, send him bottles of Nair disguised as hair grease.

LOL.. Mitt Romney: Looking Good Is All That Matters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhNf6OMYQVc)

I thought the spot was pretty good.

jjschless
08-08-2007, 09:04 AM
I like the term "Stealth Warriors" it sounds like a response to the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

That guy has a good voice for radio.

max
08-08-2007, 09:17 AM
It's amatuer hour at RP 2008.

"Letters of marque and Reprisal????"...GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK>>

I'm sure folks in Iowa jumped right out of their chairs shouting "Yeah!"!

Why not talk about phasing out the income tax and getting rid of IRS? Why not talk about our 8 trillion national debt and how we will soon be bankrupted?Why not talk about bringing the troops home? Why not talk illegal immigration?

No Music...no appeal to the emotions. Marque and Reprisal????

What a friggin joke

fletcher
08-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I thought the ad was pretty good. I doubt many people will know what marque and reprisal is, but the ad makes him sound strong against terrorists. I also think the part about 'Christian doctrine of just war' will go over well in Iowa. Hopefully there are more ads that concentrate on other topics.

Gee
08-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Seriously, that add really sucked. If anyone actually looks up what those letters are, they'll probably think RP is a kook. "Stealth warriors"? WTF?

ARealConservative
08-08-2007, 10:32 AM
That's it?

umm - they do want to win and stuff, right?

ThePieSwindler
08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
It makes him sound strong on terrorism and liberty at the same time. I like it fine.

michaelwise
08-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I thought the ad was pretty good. I doubt many people will know what marque and reprisal is, but the ad makes him sound strong against terrorists. I also think the part about 'Christian doctrine of just war' will go over well in Iowa. Hopefully there are more ads that concentrate on other topics.

I think the red necks will love that ad, and it's an educational ad on the subject as well.

Matt Collins
08-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah - I think they should've touched on a couple of different subjects in that ad.

Gee
08-08-2007, 11:05 AM
The campaign just gave the media another few points (letters of marque, and "stealth warriors") to make fun of him with. Sigh.

jpa
08-08-2007, 11:22 AM
dude, a politician saying "stealth warriors" is so fucking cool. Someone needs to create a video of special ops ninja's fighting Al Queda :-D

robatsu
08-08-2007, 11:34 AM
My only nit is using the word "hiring" stealth warriors. Sounds a little commercial, etc. I would have used the word "authorized" or "enabled" or something like that.

It is a little weird, but the whole Ron Paul phenom is a little unorthodox no? One of its attractions is that it is outside the box.

nayjevin
08-08-2007, 01:28 PM
I thought this was the best of the 3 radio spots.

The key is that it shows he is strong on terrorism, reminds people that it was and always will be about Osama & Osama only, and provides the Constitutional solution, and shows that Ron Paul introduced legislation to use the Constitutional solution.

I think it's a plus that it's something most people have never heard of. Gets people interested in researching the subject (which turn into the REAL supporters)

I thought the TV ad was bad though.

tmg19103
08-08-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree - this is a very good ad. While I love eliminating the IRS, many average American's can't come to grips with the concept and how to pay for education, highways, etc. without the IRS. That takes some education that you can't get across in 30 seconds and it would thus make RP sound "radical" if you tried.

Strong on terrorism is key. A DIFFERENT approach to terrorism since nothing else is working is great. Talking up constitutional principals is great.

Iowa is a strong religious and Christian state so the just war Christian slant was great.

Very good ad.

MsDoodahs
08-08-2007, 01:48 PM

OMG! TOO FUNNY!

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 02:01 PM

BarryDonegan
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
this ad is targetting republican conservative straw poll voters. ron paul isn't having such a hard time getting the disenfranchized antiwar people excited. this frames his position in a way the more neocon-fooled republicans can understand. good call.

ThePieSwindler
08-08-2007, 06:21 PM
The campaign just gave the media another few points (letters of marque, and "stealth warriors") to make fun of him with. Sigh.

Yeah i know, people who use constitutional means to achieve an end sure are worthy of being made fun of! What a kook, that Ron Paul guy! :p

Harry96
08-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I think it's a good ad.

This thread shows that, no matter what they do, some supporters won't like it (Not necessarily that some criticisms aren't valid; the point is you can't please everybody).