PDA

View Full Version : For amusement and entertainment purposes only!

RonPaul2012grassroots
08-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Novelty items for the disenfranchised:

www.ronpaulstickers.com

NOVELTY ITEMS ONLY NOT INTENDED FOR POLITICAL USE ;)

McDermit
08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
why are we calling them novelty items?

RonPaul2012grassroots
08-08-2007, 01:53 PM
why are we calling them novelty items?

Please read between the lines.

Thank you.

McDermit
08-08-2007, 05:49 PM
uhhh, okay.

blazin_it_alwyz
08-10-2007, 12:00 AM
NOVELTY ITEMS ONLY NOT INTENDED FOR POLITICAL USE

Can you please explain? I am new to the whole political process, is there some type of ban on certain types of political material that you can use? What is it that makes these novelty, and other things political? I am familiar with elections and stuff, I have never heard about what I think your talking about.

McDermit
08-10-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm not sure if he was trying to be funny, or if maybe he's just trying to cover his ass in case RP HQ gets wind of his site and doesn't like what they see. Technically, dude has no right to use RP's name or likeness for commercial purposes. Could be that or an FEC non-issue.

RonPaul2012grassroots
08-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Can you please explain? I am new to the whole political process, is there some type of ban on certain types of political material that you can use? What is it that makes these novelty, and other things political? I am familiar with elections and stuff, I have never heard about what I think your talking about.

It is not unusual for someone to offer an item for sale that if used in a certain way, that use would be considered illegal, yet possession of the item is perfectly legal.

For example, growing pot is illegal, yet having books in your possession for growing pot are perfectly legal to own. Authors of books about growing pot cannot advocate engaging in illegal activity, so they add the disclaimer "For information purposes only." The authors of books on how to grow pot cannot control the 'use' of their books after the sale of the book, it is completely out of the author's control how their book is put to use.

The same thing applies to our novelty items for the disenfranchised. We assert that we only sell our novelty items for the purposes of amusement and entertainment to collectors and aficionados of political novelties and memorabilia. We have absolutely no control whatsoever over what the end-user decides to do with these novelty items.

Just keep us in mind when you want the absolutely lowest prices on Ron Paul President 2008 yard signs, bumper stickers, buttons, tee shirts, etc.

We are the low price leader!

www.ronpaulstickers.com

RonPaul2012grassroots
08-10-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm not sure if he was trying to be funny, or if maybe he's just trying to cover his ass in case RP HQ gets wind of his site and doesn't like what they see. Technically, dude has no right to use RP's name or likeness for commercial purposes. Could be that or an FEC non-issue.

What's there not to like??? We have the lowest prices anywhere on Ron Paul President 2008 yard signs, bumper stickers, buttons, tee shirts, etc. We are the low price leader!

Of course no good deed goes unpunished.

www.ronpaulstickers.com

blazin_it_alwyz
08-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh OK. It's the issue of using Ron Paul's name for monetary gain.

I mean, as long as this guy is spreading Paul's name, I really don't see any fault. I don't see Ron Paul going after someone for selling stuff in his likeness. I don't see how it could hurt, especially since there are so many stores that charge just enough to justify selling stuff.

Morality may be an issue if this guy doesn't donate any more to the campaign, or if he is charging exorbitant prices for the stuff he's selling (I know many people who sell Ron Paul stuff and charge just enough to cover the materials + the shipping). But I really don't see any harm.

RonPaul2012grassroots
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh OK. It's the issue of using Ron Paul's name for monetary gain.

I mean, as long as this guy is spreading Paul's name, I really don't see any fault. I don't see Ron Paul going after someone for selling stuff in his likeness. I don't see how it could hurt, especially since there are so many stores that charge just enough to justify selling stuff.

Morality may be an issue if this guy doesn't donate any more to the campaign, or if he is charging exorbitant prices for the stuff he's selling (I know many people who sell Ron Paul stuff and charge just enough to cover the materials + the shipping). But I really don't see any harm.

blazin_it_alwyz, (or anyone else), if you know of anyone selling the same type items we sell for less than we sell (e.g. yard signs, bumper stickers, buttons, etc.), please bring it to my attention and we will do what we can to match or beat those prices.

We set the low price benchmark on bulk Ron Paul President 2008 promo items. One aspect of our mission is to drive prices lower so greater amounts of promo items are out in the field.

Adrenalinrush
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here, but I've read a couple of threads. RonPaul_stickers, it's cool that you're spreading Ron Paul to the world, but the way you're advertising suggests that you heard Ron Paul was a success on the internet, so you went out and made a store so you can yell to everyone who even thought of liking Ron Paul that your merchandise is cheap. In every single topic I've read, you've replied, but not with, "What do you think a withdrawal from the UN might do to us as a country?" Instead, you've replied with something along the lines of, "The constitution says we have the freedom of expression, so express yourself with some Ron Paul merchandise! We have the cheapest stickers (Even though you can call 1-800-RONPAUL and get them free by the 100s) on the internet at Ronpaulstickers.com!"

And the most sad thing is that people like me take a liking to the things you've created on that website and may actually buy them, yet the most probable reason you created that website was for you to take advantage of Ron Paul's name so you can make money.

RonPaul2012grassroots
10-05-2007, 04:22 PM
the most probable reason you created that website was for you to take advantage of Ron Paul's name so you can make money.

If you dug deep enough into my past posts to find this one, then you should have picked up on the fact that I have a background in grassroots activism extending back to 1989. You would also be aware that I worked 90 hours a week as a volunteer coordinator for two months solid (as in without any compensation) getting Perot on the ballot in Texas in '92 (but even more significant than that I hit the lotto by initiating the Perot Petition Committee based upon my own grassroots activity). That's right, not only did I initiate the formal petition drive in Texas to get Perot on the ballot from the first PPC office in the country opened by Perot, the Austin volunteer group which I lead delivered the petitions to the Texas Secretary of State at a rally at the Texas Capitol on May 11, 1992 after a parade down Congress Ave. through downtown Austin (please refer to the cover story of the May 17, 1992 Time magazine to see photos of what some fabulous volunteers pulled off). Perot's first major campaign speech was there at that May 11 rally at the Texas Capitol.

So no, this isn't my first rodeo, and you obviously don't understand my motivations.

If you were to bother going to the sources of these materials and check on bulk pricing you would find that there's very little money being 'made' by doing this activity. It is more of a ministry, but the narrow-minded don't seem to get that.

But please do pick up on this - the grassroots activists are the ones who are going to get Ron elected, not the campaign. The campaign would not exist without the grassroots. The campaign is an extension of the grassroots and not vice versa.

RonPaul2012grassroots
10-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here,

BTW, thanks for bumping this thread.

Novelty items for the disenfranchised - NOT intended for political purposes.*

*We provide the most economical means for non-U.S. citizens to express themselves with cheap media.

Adrenalinrush
10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Listen, I apologize for not knowing all of that. But don't accuse me of being narrow-minded. You've judged me by one post I've made on the internet. I was very careful not to offend you with my choice of words (i.e. "but the way you're advertising suggests..." and "the most probable reason you created that website...") Yet you still got offended. And then you pulled a grade schooler with "BTW, thanks for bumping this thread." Nice one.

Razmear
10-05-2007, 07:33 PM
RPStickers.
Are these:
http://www.ronpaulstickers.com/vertical_sign.html
Double sided? and are they coroplast so that a wire could be used to stick them in the ground?

Lots of great stuff, I'll be talking to my meetup leader team tomorrow and will see if we can throw you some business.

eb

Tn...Andy
10-06-2007, 04:58 AM

For example, NOT to be plastered on metal light poles all over your town......that kind of thing.....ahahahaaaa

McDermit
10-06-2007, 06:38 AM
RPStickers.
Are these:
Double sided? and are they coroplast so that a wire could be used to stick them in the ground?

Lots of great stuff, I'll be talking to my meetup leader team tomorrow and will see if we can throw you some business.

eb

single sided... And not nearly visible enough for that purpose

RonPaul2012grassroots
10-06-2007, 09:31 AM
RPStickers.
Are these:

eb

The vertical/pole signs which are currently 4.5x24 are corrugated plastic (coroplast) printed on one side only. Due to the fact they are cut out of standard landscape format 18x24 coroplast blanks the flutes run parallel to the ground and as such 6" ladder wire (actually 4" wide) cannot be inserted into the bottom of the sign for mounting on the ground. However one could possibly use wooden stakes for a ground mount.

RonPaul2012grassroots
10-06-2007, 09:33 AM

For example, NOT to be plastered on metal light poles all over your town......that kind of thing.....ahahahaaaa

Andy, we have absolutely no control over what people do with the items we sell them. ;)