PDA

View Full Version : A Hillary person tried to tell me I was wasting my vote!

JaJunky
02-05-2008, 10:55 AM
A Hillary person standing outside my precinct here just off the campus of the University of Tennessee, offered me a newspaper to show me where the candidates stood on the issues. Ron Paul was not listed so I politely told him the paper was invalidated. He then told me he wanted to vote for Edwards ( yeah right he was wearing a Hillary pin) but that it would have been wasting his vote. Basically insinuating that I was wasting my vote. I told him Paul cured my political apathy and that I will look back proudly on voting for him in my first election.He said he talked to several Ron Paul supporters in this morning before I got here. He basically said he tried to convince them that they were also flushing their vote.

The precinct I was at was in the neighborhood where most Univ of Tennessee students live, and the Precinct had more Paul signs outside than any other candidate. Although Hillary did have 2 or 3 sign wavers and the guy from the story above.

acptulsa
02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd rather waste my vote than use it to encourage the machine to run over me. Thank you for your concern, though.

Mr. White
02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I understand why you interpreted that way, but they guy REALLY would have been wasting his vote on Edwards.

JaJunky
02-05-2008, 10:59 AM
I understand why you interpreted that way, but they guy REALLY would have been wasting his vote on Edwards.

He was referring to before he dropped out. It was very clear what he was trying to convince me of.

derdy
02-05-2008, 11:07 AM
People are freakin stupid if they think they're going to change anyone's mind with those methods.

I just put up my signs and leave. I don't want to bother people going to vote.

rollingpig
02-05-2008, 11:25 AM
did you convert him? :D

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
tell him to go to hill

280Z28
02-05-2008, 11:30 AM
A Hillary person standing outside my precinct here just off the campus of the University of Tennessee, offered me a newspaper to show me where the candidates stood on the issues. Ron Paul was not listed so I politely told him the paper was invalidated. He then told me he wanted to vote for Edwards ( yeah right he was wearing a Hillary pin) but that it would have been wasting his vote. Basically insinuating that I was wasting my vote. I told him Paul cured my political apathy and that I will look back proudly on voting for him in my first election.He said he talked to several Ron Paul supporters in this morning before I got here. He basically said he tried to convince them that they were also flushing their vote.

The precinct I was at was in the neighborhood where most Univ of Tennessee students live, and the Precinct had more Paul signs outside than any other candidate. Although Hillary did have 2 or 3 sign wavers and the guy from the story above.

http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2007/08/30/the-point-of-voting-isnt-to-predict-the-winner-its-to-choose-the-winner-the-case-for-ron-paul/

Danny Molina
02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Tell him to turn in his Man Card.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
I tell these people it's better than wasting your brain

LEK
02-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Again - whatever happened to voting one's conscience?

You would have to put a gun to my head for me to vote for Hillary. And if that person really knew anything about Ron Paul he would never have asked you to consider a vote for such an unprincipaled person.

The majority thought it was right to drink the kool-aid at Jonestown...

Don't conform to the world.

Be an individual and true to your heart.

DahuiHeeNalu
02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Im voting for Ron Paul no matter What!

Captain Canuck
02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Tell them to watch this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDvm0-_py74

BigRedBrent
02-05-2008, 11:44 AM
People are freakin stupid if they think they're going to change anyone's mind with those methods.

I just put up my signs and leave. I don't want to bother people going to vote.

You must hand out information to people. This helps tremendously. About 25% don't even know why they are voting in the first place and have no idea who to vote for. This sounds stupid, but at least they are not showing up to vote for who ever the television told them was going to win so they can get a nice warm feeling if he or she wins.

Giving them any information about Ron Paul greatly increases his voter percentages period.

homah
02-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I've started telling people "Well, that may be true, but at least I'm only wasting 5 minutes. If your candidate wins, s/he will be wasting/ruining the next four years."

Grandson of Liberty
02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Tell him to turn in his Man Card.

It's early, but that has my vote for post of the day. :D

ToryNotion
02-05-2008, 11:54 AM
My answer. I will only vote for a candidate who will uphold the constitution. I will not vote for a candidate who will treat it like toilet paper. If Ron Paul had not been in the race I would have withheld my vote out of respect for the constitution and the great nation founded upon it.

ToryNotion
02-05-2008, 11:56 AM
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Why would I waste my vote on any person whose entire public life bears witness that they would be swearing a false oath.

Xenophage
02-05-2008, 11:59 AM
A real waste is to vote for anyone ELSE.

Every vote that shows up for Ron Paul is a thorn in the side of the establishment. One vote for McRomney or Obhillery is lost in a sea of ""so what" and "who the hell cares."

miketwalker
02-05-2008, 12:52 PM
If he felt it was worth his time to actually tell you to vote for someone else, then he had to have felt a threat of some form. Trust me, if you are a Hillary supporter and truly think you could do better against a Ron Paul then a McCain or Romney you're going to go high five the Ron Paul supporter and encourage them to work harder.

He knew that a Ron Paul candidate would make his life harder come November. This is a good sign... they're worried. :)