PDA

View Full Version : cbc.ca asking Canadians about US Presidential candidates

Pupil
02-05-2008, 10:41 AM
cbc.ca is asking Canadians (http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourview/2008/02/us_voters_kick_off_super_tuesd.html) the following question:

From a perspective of Canada's national intrests which of the candidates would make the best president and why?

They posted my response verbatim... so let's flood them with RP support! Link here (http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourview/2008/02/us_voters_kick_off_super_tuesd.html)!

RonRules
02-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Posted. Good time to inform Canadians about Ron Paul and Libertarianism in general. They've never heard the term.

jsgolfman
02-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I just returned from Canada. Most people I talked to didn't know who Ron Paul was, but I educated them. I did get asked quite a bit because I always have my button on and slimjims in my briefcase.

thebeat42
02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Posted. Good time to inform Canadians about Ron Paul and Libertarianism in general. They've never heard the term.

Untrue.

Archie
02-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Its Funny though as a Canadian I can say We have heard about libertarianism but most people in Canada look at it fromthe leftist tripe vision of Noam Chomsky thats what a lot of canadians know of libertarianism being instead of seeing that chomsky is just a Smelly Communist LOL!!!!!! But there are some canadian's who see libertarianism in the Ron Paul ideology but its outnumbered by the canadians thinking libertarianism is the Chomsky Crapola..

The only Place that would know about the libertarianism that Ron Paul adovocates would be in Calgary Alberta thast the closet place in canada where I live in ontario people here could even make Obama Out to be one as they do with chomsky LOL!!!! No doubt in my mind that almost everyone in canada except for maybe some parts in Alberta Are Cheering on OBAMA to win everything and the rest are more then likly cheering for Hiltery its really disgusting how uneducated my fellow canadians are in thinking "small gov't" is EVIL

Sey.Naci
02-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Posted. Good time to inform Canadians about Ron Paul and Libertarianism in general. They've never heard the term.Yes we have. I learned about libertarianism in the early 90s, when studying Philosophy at the University of Waterloo. The prof who taught it had been doing so for decades and is a director of the Libertarian Party of Canada.

d991
02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I work with a guy (here in Canada) who complains all the time about the government, about our public health care system, and complains even more about the U.S. government. He always talks about how the "free market" is the best way to go.
I tell him about Ron Paul and he tells me "he's too extreme"

Strange?

Archie
02-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I work with a guy (here in Canada) who complains all the time about the government, about our public health care system, and complains even more about the U.S. government. He always talks about how the "free market" is the best way to go.
I tell him about Ron Paul and he tells me "he's too extreme"

Strange?

HAHAAH Thats not only Strange but in but downright Puzzzling ? Maybe he thinks Paul is Weak on the War in Iraq? if he agree's with Paul stance on the war on iraq maybe he views Paul "Extreme" because of his views on getting rid of the incomtax/IRS along with his saying he wants abolish other "social programs like Dep of education" Its is puzzling cause if he is raling against the "sociaist programs" and talks about "letting the freemarket" work things out you would think RP would be a a breath of fresh air but he calls him "Extreme" LOL!!!!!

gilliganscorner
02-09-2008, 05:05 AM
I just returned from Canada. Most people I talked to didn't know who Ron Paul was, but I educated them. I did get asked quite a bit because I always have my button on and slimjims in my briefcase.

I have my Ron Paul T-shirt I ordered in the summer I wear often. I converted many, many friends to listening to Ron Paul's message. In fact, many of them express to me after hearing/seeing his Youtube videos, "Why don't we have a guy like that in office here?". :D

BTW, If you Canucks are interested, I run a blog here (http://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/). Feel free to drop by and leave a comment