PDA

View Full Version : Start Texting Reminders To Your Friends

twister5400
02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Ok... simple and easy.... this might be my first ever thread, but I guess I'll throw this out there. I just did this, and within 15 minutes had rounded up about 25-30 more voters...

I sent out a text message to like 50 people in my contact list that I know well and at some point in the last few weeks have talked somewhat about Ron Paul.

It was just this:
Today's the day! Go vote for Ron Paul! Take as many people with you as you can! Forward this to everyone you know who might like Ron Paul!

I've already gotten about 15 messages back saying "I'm so glad u reminded me! Blah Blah Blah. I'm going to vote for Ron Paul".... then like 10 saying, "I already voted for Ron Paul! I'll forward this to other people though." Some more saying, "Yeah Ron Paul"

Hopefully people who get this message will forward it to more people. And make it like an all day chain mail reminding people to vote.

I just sent it to myself so I would have it in my inbox, so I could forward it to multiple people, then sent it to like 50 people... I'm contemplating sending it to the other 400 or so people in my contact list, that I have no clue how they feel about RP...

But this only took like 5 minutes, and I reached about 50 people. Everyone else do this also. This would really be kool if undecided voters were getting messages from multiple friends saying go vote for ron paul

BTW I have unlimited texting, so don't go doing this if you pay that bs $0.10 per text....

Royksopp
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, get them to forward it to everyone in their address books as well.

Great idea.

twister5400
02-05-2008, 10:39 AM
you could probably cover a huge amount of people if you started with like 20 people forwarding it to everyone in their address books. that'd probably be like 4000-10000 numbers... from there, it would just have to hit another 20 or so people who would do the same... so out of 5,000 contacts, only 20 have to forward it to their address books to hit another 5,000 or more contacts....