PDA

View Full Version : Is this real? Can someone verify?

ChristyInLouisiana
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
"In the Northeast, there is what could be called the last political will and testament of Mike DuHaime.

Until last week Rudy Giuliani’s campaign manager, DuHaime engineered the ploy that led four Northeastern states — Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Delaware — to change their delegate distribution to a winner-take-all format.

The idea was that the former New York mayor would sweep the tri-state area and Delaware and thus pick up a hefty collection of delegates.

That scenario still might occur, DuHaime joked at an event where his former boss appeared with McCain and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, but it likely will benefit McCain, who has consolidated much of Giuliani’s moderate and national security-based support. "

Have those states been switched to winner take all format within the last month or so? Is that legal?

That quote came from:
http://dyn.politico.com/members/forums/thread.cfm?catid=1&subcatid=2&threadid=333474

MJfromCT
02-05-2008, 10:29 AM
CT is winner take all from everything I have read. So I would assume the three others did the same. Hence, why I wasn't terribly upset by RP not bothering to campaign or advertise up this way.

ChristyInLouisiana
02-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Was that within the last month or so that it was changed though?

sgrooms
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Was that within the last month or so that it was changed though?

yes

Ethek
02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
it will only help kill the two party system... maybe not quick enough.

Redcard
02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Somewhat fabricated.

NY is WTA by district. The other states were WTA last time around.

acptulsa
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't mix up Rep and Dem rules, Christy. They are often different in a particular state.