PDA

View Full Version : Look at CNN's website.

fxmercenary
02-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Its a complete censorship of ron paul. I believe it, can you?

3rd in Nevada?

Nothing but Romney listed for Maine?

No Louisiana?

Now look at the main page, No Ron Paul, just Romney, McCain and Huckabee.

People, this is blatant fraud, they are leading people to believe that Ron Paul has dropped out, they are actually taking votes from him as we speak!

This is FRAUD. What do we do?!

pacelli
02-05-2008, 09:49 AM
It is too bad CNN has stable servers...

Edu
02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
MSM stations are also sponsored by H&R Block and those "IRS pennies on the dollar" companies.

Could they be getting pressure from their sponsors? Isn't that illegal?

Phenom24
02-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Same crap on FoxNews site.. They have pictures of all the "contenders" but no RP.

TTB
02-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I have to tell you that this fraud is very effective for our enemy - the media.

My 3rd grade son was in school Monday and the kids were talking about who they support for President. Three of the kids, including my son, were for Ron Paul. Then the teacher, who is a nice normal 20 something woman, says, "Oh, Ron Paul dropped out. Who would you vote for next?" She must have seen some of this blatantly fraudulent coverage to say this.

My friends (and I mean this when I say it, unlike McInsane), we are up against a formidable foe. It will take years to defeat...

...but, this is JUST THE BEGINNING!

Highstreet
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
The ONLY thing to do is get out the truth virally and by word of mouth.

This is New Media vs Old media. plain and simple.

I have generated more interest in Repub, Dem, Independent, and moderate circles and forums by simply telling them about ...

2nd in Nevada, 1st in Louisiana, and 2nd in Maine. That and the confirmation email that he is going all the way to the Convention gives everyone more hope and confidence to vote for him.

JMann
02-05-2008, 10:05 AM
It isn't fraud it is freedom of the press. It you don't like it take your hard earned money and start a news network.

doomer
02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
I cant wait for all these MSM's to go belly up.. please stop watching them...

yoshimaroka
02-05-2008, 10:07 AM
That's why I don't visit CNN's website, ever. Don't want to boost their traffic

Patronus
02-05-2008, 10:08 AM
It isn't fraud it is freedom of the press. It you don't like it take your hard earned money and start a news network.

We almost don't have a free press any more. The FEC has created so many barriers to entry that it's pretty difficult for a small startup to survive. Of course the big networks lobby for these "regulations".

Cleaner44
02-05-2008, 10:09 AM

Definition of Fraud

All multifarious means which human ingenuity can devise, and which are resorted to by one individual to get an advantage over another by false suggestions or suppression of the truth. It includes all surprises, tricks, cunning or dissembling, and any unfair way which another is cheated.

Source: Black’s Law Dictionary, 5th ed., by Henry Campbell Black, West Publishing Co., St. Paul, Minnesota, 1979.

dannno
02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Then the teacher, who is a nice normal 20 something woman, says, "Oh, Ron Paul dropped out. Who would you vote for next?"

If i were in 3rd grade i would have started crying.

hyoomen
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Agreed. This is the precarious balance between rights of the press and responsibilities of the press. The difficulty isn't -- as many populist pundits would have us believe -- in forcing the media to serve up equanimity on a golden platter, but rather in opening eyes to the point that viewers are more critical thinkers. We do have the potential to play up the competition of the media sources (they aren't all ONE giant company/government, no matter how comfortable it may be to perceive a giant conspiracy) if we can demonstrate a sound market for one of the companies to pander to.

Keep spreading the message and blowing minds.

amy31416
02-05-2008, 10:14 AM

So they are free to disseminate misleading information? I guess they officially are, but there are professional standards:

The Elements of Journalism

According to The Elements of Journalism by Bill Kovach and Tom Rosensteil, there are nine elements of journalism [1]. In order for a journalist to fulfill their duty of providing the people with the information they need to be free and self-governing. They must follow these guidelines:

1. Journalism's first obligation is to the truth.
2. Its first loyalty is to the citizens.
3. Its essence is discipline of verification.
4. Its practitioners must maintain an independence from those they cover.
5. It must serve as an independent monitor of power.
6. It must provide a forum for public criticism and compromise.
7. It must strive to make the significant interesting, and relevant.
8. It must keep the news comprehensive and proportional.
9. Its practitioners must be allowed to exercise their personal conscience.

On the April 2007 edition of the book [2], they have added one additional element, the rights and responsibilities of citizens to make it a total of ten elements of journalism.

Nailhead
02-05-2008, 10:30 AM
ETHICS...the MSM has none

josh24601
02-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Write to them here.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form6.html?1

Don't be nutty, but we have to let them know how disgusting it is to leave him off the Race for Delegates results counter on the front of the website.

blakjak
02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I see a RonPaul picture!

coffeewithchess
02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
ABCnews.com is the only "news" site I have found that has included RP's picture with the others.

theantirobot
02-05-2008, 10:39 AM
The way I see it it's good for us. People don't like being lied to. We're in this for the long haul. When people learn that the media has blatantly lied and misled them, they will join us in droves. There is a critical mass we must achieve, a sort of tipping point, and we are well on our way to achieving it. Don't give up.

Energy
02-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Would be good for RP to confront this on his website.

dsentell
02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
The way I see it it's good for us. People don't like being lied to. We're in this for the long haul. When people learn that the media has blatantly lied and misled them, they will join us in droves. There is a critical mass we must achieve, a sort of tipping point, and we are well on our way to achieving it. Don't give up.

You are right, if the sheeple ever realize what is happening. My fear is that most of them will never see.

But if we want them to realize the truth, we must push on . . . .

JMann
02-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Definition of Fraud

All multifarious means which human ingenuity can devise, and which are resorted to by one individual to get an advantage over another by false suggestions or suppression of the truth. It includes all surprises, tricks, cunning or dissembling, and any unfair way which another is cheated.

Source: Black’s Law Dictionary, 5th ed., by Henry Campbell Black, West Publishing Co., St. Paul, Minnesota, 1979.

This applies only if you operate under the assumption that the paper or cable news is intending to be fair or unbiased. Anyone involved in Republican politics knows that newspapers and most all news programs are very biased and do not make any attempt at being fair. No fraud simply exercising their constitutional rights.

The press has no 'responsibility' and if you think they have any ethics than you obviously ignorant of the news media.

Paulitical Correctness
02-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I wonder just how many votes are being taken away because people think he's dropped out.

It's very effective, I'm sure there are dozens of thousands.

Voluntaryist
02-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Could they be getting pressure from their sponsors? Isn't that illegal?

Yes and yes.

acptulsa
02-05-2008, 11:58 AM
The worst part is NPR has succombed as well. Stick with PBS, with perhaps ABC and certainly the AP. Just stop tuning in to the rest, especially on the 'net, especially if you have cable or satellite. They don't care if they're getting ratings by pissing you off--works for them. PBS, ABC and the AP have shown the integrity and the moxie, the rest have shown none. Stop supporting them! Unless you get your news over the airwaves so it cannot contribute to their ratings, stay away.

Many of you aren't old enough to remember Howard Cosell. The network believed that many people tuned in to Monday Night Football because they "loved to hate Cosell". Because they had that attitude, they kept the irritating jerk, and because people didn't give up their football, the ratings didn't convince the network otherwise. Only the ratings convince them "its broke, better fix it."

We know who are friends are by now. Stop monitoring the enemies. Not doing us much good at this point anyway. Boycott!

P.S: Don't forget we're at least ten percent of G.O.P. primary voters. I really don't know if Democrats are paying as much attention to the news right now, but I'm willing to bet we're better than fifteen percent of the serious news junkies. We boycott, they feel it! Turn the bastards off!

acptulsa
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Bump the boycott