PDA

View Full Version : My polling location experience (with pictures)

LibertyRevolution
02-05-2008, 09:42 AM
So, I went out at 6am for when the polls opened. I was the only one supporting anyone from any party! As I am getting my sign together some guy drove over to me (I am far away in the parking lot away from everyone), rolls down his window and begins talking shit to me about how people with less % then Ron Paul have dropped out, and that Ron Paul needs to quit and throw his support to McCain. I said, I am sorry that you feel that way, but I cannot support McCain because I am a conservative and Ron Paul is the only true conservative running. Then he made some comment about how people like me are going to cost the Republicans the white house and drove off. I had people drive by and give me thumbs down, I had people walk by me and grumble stuff I couldn’t make out while giving me dirty looks, and one guy actually said "your voting for a loser", and then spit on the ground at my feet. This is what we are up against! These are the people that you think we can convert? Getting the GOP nomination seems very unlikely now that I have met some of the Republican base, they really are all Pro-War neo-cons. I am so out of the Republican party, these so called “true” Republicans make me vomit! On the bright side, I got a few waves, a few thumbs up, I even had one woman walk over to me and say thank you for standing out in the rain for Ron Paul. I had one woman roll her window down on the way out and tell me she would have voted for Ron Paul, but apparently she was an independent and could not vote. These few people gave me the hope I needed to stay. I stayed from 6am-9am, people stopped swarming in about 8am, but I held out till 9am in the cold rain until I could no longer feels my toes.

This is the sign I made and was holding (camera phone pics):
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2329/2244548054_5c0010bd2d_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2129/2244479216_e86c76e5a2_o.jpg

In the making (more camera phone pics)

http://hidebehind.com/img/7C/7C6099.jpg

Staples, That Was Easy!
(The red tape kept bubbling up and falling off so I had to remove it)

Melissa
02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
great job

Valis33
02-05-2008, 09:44 AM
You rock!

Jae0
02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Good job! Ignore the nay sayers. They're just bitter shells of human beings.

pacelli
02-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Man, some people are complete disrespectful assholes. Those morons voting for McCain who spit at your feet are the same ones that'll be huddled in a corner in some FEMA camp, biting themselves and convulsing with festering sores after McCain gets done with this country.

TonySutton
02-05-2008, 09:46 AM
good job, what state are you in?

Jae0
02-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Man, some people are complete disrespectful assholes. Those morons voting for McCain who spit at your feet are the same ones that'll be huddled in a corner in some FEMA camp, biting themselves and convulsing with festering sores after McCain gets done with this country.

Amen! There is nothing wrong with disagreeing but being rude is just unacceptable.

Ethek
02-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Awesome.. that took conviction to hold the line with your neighbors. That was Courage

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. - Mark Twain

You sir are a patriot.

Eponym_mi
02-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Thank you!!!

Phantom
02-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Great job LibertyRevolution.

I appalud you patriot!

http://www.smileyhut.com/happy/clap3.gifhttp://www.smileyhut.com/happy/clap2.gifhttp://www.smileyhut.com/happy/clap3.gif

LEK
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Awesome.. that took conviction to hold the line with your neighbors. That was Courage

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. - Mark Twain

You sir are a patriot.

Here! Here!
I am choked up...thank you.

The above Twain quote is EXCELLENT!

virginiakid
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
McCain and Romney supporters are the worse, more so McCain. I saw that in Charleston, SC. They are really going to hateful when we take over their party and hold the majority. The actions of these people and the actions of these candidates is a big reason why I won't support these candidates. None of them care about the people, none of them care the constitution. They say give up the constitution we don't need it anymore because we are at war with terrorist. What is wrong with these people? We need to continue our fight for Freedom!

seeker1
02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
that is the republicrat party at its finest. no thinking needed just blind obedience to the party.

thank you for your effort.

zadrock
02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Actually, it's people like us who are giving Republicans a chance to win the White House. McCain and his supporters are the ones guaranteeing defeat for the GOP.

There is definitely a segment that we will never convert. To those, I would just say, "Go vote for your neocon liberal then."

Z

LibertyRevolution
02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Im in CT, and I plan on returning to my polling location tonight from 6-8pm. (but it is pooring rain outside right now)

flames2dust77
02-05-2008, 09:55 AM
amazing, amazing. good job! thank you for doing that; you're a true patriot.

derekjohnson
02-05-2008, 09:55 AM
nice work..

Edu
02-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Those people just do whatever the MSM wants them to do.

After hearing what you said, they are not real Americans, you vote for who will take the oath and mean it, so protecting the constitution is the most important thing, and Ron Paul is the only choice.

MSM stations are also sponsored by H&R Block and those "IRS pennies on the dollar" companies.

Could they be getting pressure from their sponsors? Isn't that illegal?

NoPants
02-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Amen! There is nothing wrong with disagreeing but being rude is just unacceptable.

What's funny is these are the same people who want to do crazy things like pass laws against being rude, and protesting. Irony is awesome! They have this, "It's ok if I do it but not for others to do it to me" mentality. And people wonder why other countries don't like us.

werdd
02-05-2008, 09:59 AM
i don't know how you guys dont get in a fight, ive never got bothered for my bumper sticker, id be seriously steamed if that happened to me.

rollingpig
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
thank you!

constituent
02-05-2008, 10:01 AM

naaah, they'll be the ones saying we have to serve "our country" (them) in their war.

but don't worry, they'll have a yellow ribbon on their car to prove they care.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Those who have the most to lose are the ones who do the least to stop it.

pcosmar
02-05-2008, 10:04 AM

I suspect they will be the ones turning in their neighbors and friends, in the hope of saving themselves.
There are "Good Germans" everywhere
http://www.gwu.edu/~ww2/pics/march.gif

http://www.newsfrombabylon.com/files/images/galleries/good_germans.thumbnail.jpg

MJfromCT
02-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Nice job, I was doing sign waving and put up a few signs on the street in front the voting precinct in Seymour. The people avoided eye contact as much as possible or just said hi and said they already know who they are voting for. My girlfriend and I are going back for the last few hours, hopefully some people under 45 vote after work.

Jae0
02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
I suspect they will be the ones turning in their neighbors and friends, in the hope of saving themselves.
There are "Good Germans" everywhere
http://www.gwu.edu/~ww2/pics/march.gif

F-in scary isnt it?

mysticgeek
02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
AWSOME JOB! Yep! We just need to play it cool today! Don't start arguing with people like that... it does no good. Support McCain??? Are you kidding!?!?!?! How blind are these people? McCain is NOT conservative at all!

Opulen
02-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Thank you!

Jae0
02-05-2008, 10:07 AM
AWSOME JOB! Yep! We just need to play it cool today! Don't start arguing with people like that... it does no good. Support McCain??? Are you kidding!?!?!?! How blind are these people? McCain is NOT conservative at all!

They dont care. HE WANTS WAR. Thats all the Republican party has turned into WAR MONGERS.

jab
02-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Good job!! Don't let these morons get you down.. YOU are the real American in this story, YOU are the one in line with what our forefathers would have wanted/done, and YOU are the only one in your story that can feel whole and be justified in doing so.

The people in your story that gave you a hard time.. Karma will find them. :)

DealzOnWheelz
02-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Ask them what is the reason they support McCain and then just riddle them with info on why Paul is better on those positions

or ask Are you Pro-Life?
and if they say yes ask them are you Pro-War??

and if they say yes then tell them they are not really Pro-Life their Anti-Abortion there is a difference

that will usually get them thinking

Libertytree
02-05-2008, 10:18 AM
I had similar things like that happen to me here in Fl and what I did is smile as big as possible and say loudly "Thank you for your support! We're fighting for your freedom". That way what all the others heard was the positive message of the RP campaign. Kill'em with kindness, it REALLY pisses them off.

Jae0
02-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I had similar things like that happen to me here in Fl and what I did is smile as big as possible and say loudly "Thank you for your support! We're fighting for your freedom". That way what all the others heard was the positive message of the RP campaign. Kill'em with kindness, it REALLY pisses them off.

lol wish you had video of that!

wcpro
02-05-2008, 10:21 AM
The stupidity and ignorance of so many Americans is a large part of why the rest of the world frowns upon us.

hvac ak47
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Thank You !!!

Cleaner44
02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Then he made some comment about how people like me are going to cost the Republicans the white house and drove off.

People like him are going to cost us our freedom!

If John McCain is really that great he will win regardless. The fact is a peice of crap like McAmnesty needs people to throw away their vote in order for him to slide in.

LibertyRevolution
02-05-2008, 10:46 AM
When people get all Ron Paul hating on me, I just say, "What, you got a problem with freedom?" and then they usually look all dumbfounded and walk away.