PDA

View Full Version : Why no update?

Sarge
02-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I thought they were suppose to get the undated count on the Maine site done last night. It still shows 74% and I saw a post where the Maine GOP said they would have it updated last night.

It should be showing the results for 90%. I believe the post was by Steve Martin who called them.

So they are going to hold it back until after the polls close today or am I missing it being posted somewhere?

jarofclay
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm curious about this too. Bumpage

Paul Revered
02-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I posted this on MySpace.

jarofclay
02-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Please note: Our office has been receiving large amounts of calls regarding the percentage totals. We are currently in the process of working to compile the rest of the data. The 25% remaining is NOT based on the percentage of votes, i.e. there are not 1250 votes left to be counted. The 25% is based on the number of precincts reporting.

Although 411 towns are listed are as caucusing, 118 towns have either a.) not yet held their caucus, b.) postponed their caucus due to inclement weather, c.) have not yet contacted us with their results, or d.) were scheduled to hold a caucus but no one participated. We will have a list of these towns available by tomorrow afternoon and are continually updating our records as results are reported to us.

from the Maine GOP site.